Pollution......we’re all going to die.

Probably so. I was in the process of digging the old field lines up 2 years ago, just to discover they were 7 ft down.. too deep to mess with. The ground had been built up, some time before, by several feet.

So, as a temporary solution, I put a run of infiltrators, over the old field bed, about 3 ft down. Put in a new relocated tank and tied into the infiltrators. It's not ideal, but until I settle on a new drain field location, it's better than nothing.. perc rate is horrible because the ground underneath is shot from the old failed lines. I was really hoping I could get by several years like that, but with the amount of rain we've had, it doesn't seem likely.

The inspection port is useful, that is for sure, will be especially useful when I dump a buttload of lye in there to try to help rejuvenate the old greasy dirt. It's worth a shot.

So, yeah.. It's not something anyone would want to have to do twice on a single property.
Sounds to me like you've already dumped too many buttloads.

Reactions: AM64
And no I’m not joking.
I think pollution....specifically plastics are going to be a global disaster soon if we don’t get serious about it quickly.

It's already a global disaster and climbing daily, between DemocRats and Global pollution I'm not so sure which is worse, but the world would be a much better place without both

One thing to consider is fire. Apparently fake mulch made from ground up tires isn't a favorite with fire departments. We've re-sided our house with Hardie plank. I don't know what the environmental costs may be, but I like it a lot better than being wrapped in vinyl or even the wood we replaced.
Essentially zilch. As Slice said Hardi is a fiber cement product, the fiber cement product like Kleenex is to tissues.

Depending on the company (where its produced) there should be very little. I would think the fibers are recycled content or at least redirected leftovers from some other process. Otherwise its sand and cement (could be a natural cement or man made but usually not too bad). Its basically concrete without the stone.

Right now the only known issue with fiber cement is cutting it and the dust. But it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be another asbestos. Which it is very similar to.

Essentially zilch. As Slice said Hardi is a fiber cement product, the fiber cement product like Kleenex is to tissues.

Depending on the company (where its produced) there should be very little. I would think the fibers are recycled content or at least redirected leftovers from some other process. Otherwise its sand and cement (could be a natural cement or man made but usually not too bad). Its basically concrete without the stone.

Right now the only known issue with fiber cement is cutting it and the dust. But it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be another asbestos. Which it is very similar to.

We cut it with a shear. Like a giant paper cutter. Tile wet saw for long rips to keep the dust down. Those are few and far between.

920 Magnum Shear • Bullet Tools

Technically a Flooring tool but works great on fiber cement

Man.. Your guess is as good as mine. But if that should be avoided, let me know.. It'd be tough.

I've been intending to see if we have Kelly's Heroes on DVD and watch it again, and then here you go. We've been watching a few older movies ... Jumping Jack Flash, Air America, and Good Morning Vietnam kind of things lately.

I've been intending to see if we have Kelly's Heroes on DVD and watch it again, and then here you go. We've been watching a few older movies ... Jumping Jack Flash, Air America, and Good Morning Vietnam kind of things lately.

It's amazing how quickly regular movies turn into "old movies", but yep I guess they are.

Definitely Kelly's Heroes is an oldie.. I usually watch it through when it pops up somewhere on TV.

I decided to trade Pinkley for Oddball, I started to feel Pinkley looked too much like a smart-ass. Not that it wasn't fitting enough, though.

nvm, day late and a dollar short.

Lowe’s has a drop station at the front of the store for light bulbs and plastic bags as well.
I’ve been putting pressure on Home Depot to do the same. I’d appreciate it if anyone reading along would take a moment to email Home Depot. Thanks

Kroger, largest grocery chain in U.S., to eliminate plastic bags | TribLIVE.com

Publix now has drop boxes for your plastic bags and has announced that they will also be eliminating plastic bags. At least that’s what I was told at the cashier but I’ve been unable to find an official statement by them.

Once upon a time when you went to the grocery store they used to ask you if you wanted "paper or plastic", then they just offered plastic with a few paper bags left for people wanting to put their frozen stuff in them. Now you get 50 plastic bags with one item in each bag.

Once upon a time when you went to the grocery store they used to ask you if you wanted "paper or plastic", then they just offered plastic with a few paper bags left for people wanting to put their frozen stuff in them. Now you get 50 plastic bags with one item in each bag.
By saving the trees we’re killing the people

VN Store

Back