Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 208 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 118 36.2%

• Total voters
No. I love this team no matter how bad we are, and I love going to games and I’ll continue to do so when restrictions are lifted. I think “empty Neyland” is a stupid and childish “movement”
Not as stupid as continually spending one's hard earned cash on a terrible product..... IMO

Tennessee will be at 90% capacity minimum for home opener if JG isn’t on the roster this off-season.

Maybe. But that's not 102,000+. The fact that UT hasn't been able to pack the house is sad........and no it's not because the home tv technology. IT'S BECAUSE TENNESSEE SUCKS AT FOOTBALL.

Not really, if you couldn't afford to upgrade before how can you now? UT isn't going to change the prices lol

They will increase the prices like they did after getting boat raced by Vandie the other year. Amazing. Because they know we are dumb enough to keep doing this over and over and shell out more and more money. Guess the joke really is on us...

I'm not renewing in 2021. What others choose to do is their own business.

I’m not either. The contract extension/raises to Fulmer & Pruitt this year was the straw that broke the camels back with me. At a time the AD was asking fans, most who make a fraction of the money the coach & AD makes, to donate their season ticket payment to the Athletic Dept, these two were feeding at the trough like the hogs they are.

You need better seats to watch bad, bad football?

Yes. I guess my blood is orange. I’ve had season tickets for 40 years and that won’t change. Game day to me is a family reunion with family and friends, the game is just a bonus, if we win even better but I’ll never stop going because we don’t win every week.

I voted “no.”

I am an East Tennessee native raised on the Vols and an alumnus of the university. I can’t just turn it off. There is no other college football program. No, I am not a season ticket holder, but I get to Knoxville almost every year for a game and try to travel to the closest ones when I can.

I don’t do it because of a coach or because of an AD. I could no more throw the Vols to the curb than I could disown a family member.

If you want to pout and take your ball and go home because they don’t behave the way you like, you should probably drop college sports altogether and take up the NFL and NBA.

Not as stupid as continually spending one's hard earned cash on a terrible product..... IMO
I see your point. To me there’s just more to it than wins. Wins make it all better for sure, but the experience of being there with my kids is what make it more special to me. Plus I have a really cheap donation, and when I can’t go I can easily sell my tickets. Never had a real problem with that.

I see your point. To me there’s just more to it than wins. Wins make it all better for sure, but the experience of being there with my kids is what make it more special to me. Plus I have a really cheap donation, and when I can’t go I can easily sell my tickets. Never had a real problem with that.
I get that, I really do. Me and my oldest son went to games (heydays) and when my youngest was in school there (butch years), I would come down and we would go.

I honestly respect both viewpoints and definitely won't bag on anyone no matter what decision they make..

Yes but not because of our current situation.

I quit going to games because of all the fat whales that go to them.

If your ass takes up four seats, you should pay for four seats.

Vol fans unite like no other fanbase, with the exception of a few. Be honest here. We all know the other polls are overwhelmingly not in support of Pruitt, in fact most want him gone now or in the coming weeks.

Want to put your money where your mouth is? This is a buisness. A big business. You are the customer, the client. Consumers have the power of the purse. We pay for Tennessee football. We pay salaries. We fund the budget.

Will you actually do your part, once again? The last empty Neyland campaign was effective. But, it could have been even more effective.

Think business. You are the paying customer. You are paying for this. Is it time you say no?

Will you empty Neyland in 2021 if Pruitt isn't replaced with a proven winner? A top tier coach....
Yes because I got tired of fighting that crowd and traffic before 2020. Much easier to watch on television and easier on my wallet.

I gave my season tickets up during the Dooley reign. I’ve been going to two to three game a year since. I went to the KY game this year and won’t be going to another until we decide to get involved in college football again.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Didn’t buy tickets this year (who cares though) and won’t get them next year if Pruitt comes back. Hire a proven winner like Freeze or gtfo.

I contemplated giving up my long time seats after the 2018 season. I remember being skewered for that by a few posters on here. I did end up getting them for the 2019 season. Opted out this year. And I will not renew them for 2021.

The product on the field has gotten worse while pricing is always going up. I kept these seats because they are great seats and next to family and friends. Being 8+ hours away I normally only made a game or two a year.

The joy of having these tickets was really giving them away, be it to a first timer, a friend, or even a stranger. These days they are hard to give away.

If I want to sell, I cannot get close to face value. There’s really no upside to have the seats these days.

I’ll wait until the product gets better before thinking of buying season tickets again. That said, I wouldn’t necessarily pass up going to a game. Can’t beat weekends in Knoxville, even if it means seeing a loss and a bad football team inside Neyland.

LOL no. What on Earth? I don't care if there's only a dozen people in Neyland in attendance, fall Saturdays in Neyland are glorious. That's football church. Those big blue Tennessee skies, the sunshine, the smell of the stadium (not those parts, I mean the smell of the grass ... uh ... grass on the field I mean). Neyland is one of the best places on Earth to be. It's beautiful there. Try living away from Tennessee for twenty years. You'll learn to take every opportunity you can to be in Neyland. Those days do not come again. Take them for granted at your own peril.

Now ask me if I'll buy any new shirts or hats or paraphernalia, then we can have a conversation. But active choose not to go to a game I could attend? Nah fam, I'll pass on that.

100% correct. I lived in Kingsport until 1987 when i went to the Army. Spent 22 years away from Tennessee and now live in Virginia Beach. To come see a football or basketball game is an 8 hour one way trip. Don't get back often. Be grateful if you live close enough to go to most games even during the down years.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Yes. I guess my blood is orange. I’ve had season tickets for 40 years and that won’t change. Game day to me is a family reunion with family and friends, the game is just a bonus, if we win even better but I’ll never stop going because we don’t win every week.
Cringe

VN Store

Back