Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 208 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 118 36.2%

• Total voters
I will be there screaming at the top of my lungs even if the Vols are in last place. It's called bleeding orange and some people don't.
Some of us actually want things to change, going to games is not how you get that message across. Maybe we care more about the program while you care more about the team.

Vol fans unite like no other fanbase, with the exception of a few. Be honest here. We all know the other polls are overwhelmingly not in support of Pruitt, in fact most want him gone now or in the coming weeks.

Want to put your money where your mouth is? This is a buisness. A big business. You are the customer, the client. Consumers have the power of the purse. We pay for Tennessee football. We pay salaries. We fund the budget.

Will you actually do your part, once again? The last empty Neyland campaign was effective. But, it could have been even more effective.

Think business. You are the paying customer. You are paying for this. Is it time you say no?

Will you empty Neyland in 2021 if Pruitt isn't replaced with a proven winner? A top tier coach....
Pruitt ain't going anywhere unfortunately, but if he starts JG next year, then I sincerely hope fans respond by not going.

I can talk **** all I want. Especially to some 'fan' who wants to undermine the revenue stream of my beloved Volunteer football program.

Would you keep going back to your favorite restaurant that contiguously brought the wrong items to your table? Brought you food not cooked properly? Had a rude and obnoxious manager that blamed you the customer and basically tells you he doesn't care what you the customer thinks? That they aren't in the buisness for you, the customer?

You would keep going back over and over? Just so you can help the revenue flow? If so, you are a fool.

A few things:
1) Going to the games is more about wins and losses. It’s about the gameday experience. Getting dressed up, going into a stadium larger and louder than Rome’s colloseum, eating a cheap hotdog (or 3) and mixing a drink with the flask of JD you snuck in. The sun, air, crowd, and overall event are larger than W’s and L’s.

2) $44.6 M.... If you think fans attendance (or lack thereof) will make a dent in the program’s finances you are sorely mistaken. UT doesn’t care about a pissed off fan who doesn’t want to renew their tickets. The money received from the SEC and TV rights trumps the season ticket money. Last year every SEC team received in excess of $44.6 million. Who will suffer are the vendors and stadium staff, which will hamper the experience for those who do chose to attend games.

A few things:
1) Going to the games is more about wins and losses. It’s about the gameday experience. Getting dressed up, going into a stadium larger and louder than Rome’s colloseum, eating a cheap hotdog (or 3) and mixing a drink with the flask of JD you snuck in. The sun, air, crowd, and overall event are larger than W’s and L’s.

2) $44.6 M.... If you think fans attendance (or lack thereof) will make a dent in the program’s finances you are sorely mistaken. UT doesn’t care about a pissed off fan who doesn’t want to renew their tickets. The money received from the SEC and TV rights trumps the season ticket money. Last year every SEC team received in excess of $44.6 million. Who will suffer are the vendors and stadium staff, which will hamper the experience for those who do chose to attend games.

There are currently major budget shortfalls because fans aren't in the stands, spending money. This is just common and public knowledge.

Reactions: preacherwebb
And you want to support losing. Makes all the sense in the world. You are part of the loser mentality culture in Knoxville

Nope. I haven’t went to a game in 3 years. You and some others have this erroneous belief that stopping with giving money will invoke change. That would be the case if the university cared about the football program. They don’t.
So go ahead, sore your little trash about loser mentality all you want. Just makes you look dumb.

There are currently major budget shortfalls because fans aren't in the stands, spending money. This is just common and public knowledge.

So how is that going for making significant change? Is Haslam getting axed? Fulmer? Pruitt?

Empty Neyland!!!! Derp.

To roughly paraphrase a line from Atlas Shrugged, „it is immoral for me to actively participate in my own destruction“. Why would I spend my own hard earned money to continue to support the continued effort to destroy my own joy and happiness by those who care not one iota for either?
Fulmer and the Administration made this bed, they should not expect me to help make monthly payments.

Nope. I haven’t went to a game in 3 years. You and some others have this erroneous belief that stopping with giving money will invoke change. That would be the case if the university cared about the football program. They don’t.
So go ahead, sore your little trash about loser mentality all you want. Just makes you look dumb.

Wrong. Butch Jones was fired primarily because the stadium was becoming more and more empty as a result of losing.

Reactions: preacherwebb
To roughly paraphrase a line from Atlas Shrugged, „it is immoral for me to actively participate in my own destruction“. Why would I spend my own hard earned money to continue to support the continued effort to destroy my own joy and happiness by those who care not one iota for either?
Fulmer and the Administration made this bed, they should not expect me to help make monthly payments.

You don't have a loser menality like some of Tennessee's fans. They like to say you aren't a true fan if you stop going to games. But, they are the ones that don't go to games nor donate. They watch the games in Mama's basement.

This is a really dumb thread, we have proven over the last 15 years that it does not matter what the record is that the money will be there. I myself have just lost all emotions regarding Tennessee football. I will casually watch. And then get back to real life

Yep. When we still had our season tickets, it was to the point where we were spending thousands on travel expenses, food, etc attending the games on top of donations and ticket costs, and we weren’t really enjoying the pitiful performances anymore. In the years since we’ve dropped the tickets, we’ve spent the same money and fall weekends doing other things together and having a blast. I don’t regret dropping them one bit.

Reactions: Tetonvol

VN Store

Back