Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

Poll: Will You Empty Neyland in 2021?

• Yes

Votes: 208 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 118 36.2%

• Total voters
It was effective in getting Lyle out. I don't think we are any better off now then we were then though. I have zero confidence our AD would make a competent hire

Reactions: madbamahater
So like any good message board poster I fact checked myself. Have to walk back #2 a little.

UT reported $26 M in ticket sales with another $26.4 M in contributions (includes what’s needed to qualify for season tickets.)

Still stand by point 1 though, it’s about the experience. That’s why I hold season tickets to my local semi-pro baseball team.

A few things:
1) Going to the games is more about wins and losses. It’s about the gameday experience. Getting dressed up, going into a stadium larger and louder than Rome’s colloseum, eating a cheap hotdog (or 3) and mixing a drink with the flask of JD you snuck in. The sun, air, crowd, and overall event are larger than W’s and L’s.

2) $44.6 M.... If you think fans attendance (or lack thereof) will make a dent in the program’s finances you are sorely mistaken. UT doesn’t care about a pissed off fan who doesn’t want to renew their tickets. The money received from the SEC and TV rights trumps the season ticket money. Last year every SEC team received in excess of $44.6 million. Who will suffer are the vendors and stadium staff, which will hamper the experience for those who do chose to attend games.
Not caring about what has been a loyal fan base. Is that the image you want for your program? You just became an eternal cellar dweller in the SEC. IF I were the conference I would find a reason to kick your a$$ out. You are just smooching off the rest of the conference.

Last edited:
Not caring about what has been a loyal fan base. Is that the image you want for your program? You just became an eternal cellar dweller in the SEC. IF I were the conference I would find a reason to kick your a$$ out. You are just smuching off the rest of the conference.
So this “loyal” fanbase you describe. Is that the same one that starts threads like this? Not sure your definition of loyalty, but it’s not for me.

So like any good message board poster I fact checked myself. Have to walk back #2 a little.

UT reported $26 M in ticket sales with another $26.4 M in contributions (includes what’s needed to qualify for season tickets.)

Still stand by point 1 though, it’s about the experience. That’s why I hold season tickets to my local semi-pro baseball team.

The experience for many is about being entertained. The Vols are simply not entertaining. Sports to most is a source of entertainment, no matter what Pruitt thinks.

Reactions: Tetonvol
I find it hilarious people think there won’t be a huge flocking to Neyland next season for the opener after the restrictions of this year. People will be flooding the stadium the first home game of the season.

So this “loyal” fanbase you describe. Is that the same one that starts threads like this? Not sure your definition of loyalty, but it’s not for me.
You are lucky to have a fan base that has been this involved after the crap you have been feeding them. They are showing they can think for themselves and not accept mediocrity from the poor leadership at this university and its athletic department.

I find it hilarious people think there won’t be a huge flocking to Neyland next season for the opener after the restrictions of this year. People will be flooding the stadium the first home game of the season.

But will they flock to the 2nd game, the 3rd, the 4th, etc. See where this is going?

Reactions: preacherwebb
What is your attendance prediction for the opener next year with Pruitt and JG still here? Might as well go on record now.

What is your attendance prediction for the opener next year with Pruitt and JG still here? Might as well go on record now.

My prediction is that JG won’t be here. I also think Bailey and even Salter will force Pruitt’s hand on the QB room. I don’t foresee us rocking into 2021 with same QB room which means JG is gone via transfer or Bailey or Salter don’t wind up here.

That hasn't happened in a long time. Jones' last season there were games that were only 50/60 percent capacity. Millions and millions of dollars go bye bye when that happens each game....

Jones last season was literally the worst season we have ever had that wasn’t an “asterisk season”

Reactions: PowerT83

Based on what I've witnessed in person and the last empty Neyland campaign, I bet Neyland is only 70/80 percent full for next season's opener if Pruitt and JG show starts off next season at best. Maybe even as low as 60 percent.

In other words, a terrible way to start another season ....

Most will come back next season because we all want to believe the preseason hype that everything is going to better this season. This is the season it turns around. We do this at the start of every season, then become disappointed, again. rinse/repeat next yr.

The first Tennessee football game I remember watching was the Miracle in South Bend. I was 8 years old but from that game; I was hooked! I’ve gone back and rewatched that game many times through the years and what always sticks out to me is how that Tennessee team NEVER QUIT! They were down 31-7 yet found the will and determination to come back and win against IMPOSSIBLE odds.

When was the last time we saw that kind of will and determination to dig deep, get back into the fight and win? Do you think those expectations are coming from this coaching staff? It’s obvious these coaches just want to get paid.

Bottom line: That mindset is what it will take to get Tennessee football back. That fight is what it will take to beat Georgia, Florida and Alabama. Until then, I’ve got better things to do.

I never bet on the Vols because I like to bet with my head and not my heart. Also, I generally don't waste money on a crap product no matter how bad I want it.

So, if Pruitt is there, I won't be...

Reactions: preacherwebb
No. I love this team no matter how bad we are, and I love going to games and I’ll continue to do so when restrictions are lifted. I think “empty Neyland” is a stupid and childish “movement”

No. I love this team no matter how bad we are, and I love going to games and I’ll continue to do so when restrictions are lifted. I think “empty Neyland” is a stupid and childish “movement”

Was it stupid when it was a factor in getting Botch Jones out? Because it played a role...

Reactions: The Tall Gguy
Based on what I've witnessed in person and the last empty Neyland campaign, I bet Neyland is only 70/80 percent full for next season's opener if Pruitt and JG show starts off next season at best. Maybe even as low as 60 percent.

In other words, a terrible way to start another season ....

Tennessee will be at 90% capacity minimum for home opener if JG isn’t on the roster this off-season.

VN Store

Back