Poll: Will Grant be back?

Will Grant be back?

• Total voters
Wrong. He'll go first round and get a guaranteed 2-year contract. I remember people doubting Richardson in the NBA as well, and now look at what he's doing.

I hope you are right but Richardson had to bounce around a couple of years before sticking in the NBA. Grant will need to develop his skills facing the basket out on the floor if he plans to play at that level.

McGee, you are probably right. If he is graduating, I don't see him returning. Probably not Bone either. With the way it is with Tennessee athletics, all of the returning players will probably transfer......

UK fans hope he is gone. I have no idea. He does not look like an NBA post player to me, but I am no expert. I see him playing another year at UT then heading overseas to play professionally.

My question is what position do the NBA scouts project him to play?
Same question for for Kyle?
He's certainly a 4, no question about that. Doesn't have the quickness for the 3, doesn't have the size for the 5. He could probably get away with playing small ball 5 at times because of his strength, but he is a 4 no doubt. Kyle is a 5, no question either. He is best around the basket, getting rebounds, and blocking shots. I've been saying this for awhile, but he could be more utilized in an NBA offense that is dependent on the PNR, as he would be the perfect roll man. He still needs to get stronger, but he has come a long way.

I don't keep up with the NBA closely but I thought he spent a year or so in the D League? Either way, he has developed into a great pro.
He played sparingly for at least the first year, but he's been pretty solid in the rotation since then. He has spent his entire career so far with the Heat.

Reactions: Backwards K
He is a tweener. He could be the first 3x sec poy in many years. Second in history. The way he looked after last nights rip off would indicate he’s coming back. This team will look really good with Josiah James, dj burns, Grant, Bowden, turner.

He could be the 3rd 3x SEC POY, not the 2nd. Pete Maravich was first as a Sophomore, Junior, and Senior when Freshmen weren't eligible. Bernard King was the 2nd and last 3x winner as a Freshman, Sophomore, and a Junior and was one of the earliest college players to skip his Senior year for the NBA. Bernard was co-POY with Ernie in 1976-77.

Reactions: Donvolson
So to those who follow the NBA more than I do, what's preventing Grant from being a Draymond Green type of player in the pros? They have very similar body types and similar college stats. Green improved on his 3-pt shot every year though. Green also stayed 4 years, although he didn't play much his first season.

Reactions: k-town_king
I hope you are right but Richardson had to bounce around a couple of years before sticking in the NBA. Grant will need to develop his skills facing the basket out on the floor if he plans to play at that level.

McGee, you are probably right. If he is graduating, I don't see him returning. Probably not Bone either. With the way it is with Tennessee athletics, all of the returning players will probably transfer......

What are you talking about? Richardson has not bounced around. He’s been with the Heat since being drafted. Smh

He played sparingly for at least the first year, but he's been pretty solid in the rotation since then. He has spent his entire career so far with the Heat.

Playing in 50+ games as a rookie isn’t “sparingly”

So to those who follow the NBA more than I do, what's preventing Grant from being a Draymond Green type of player in the pros? They have very similar body types and similar college stats. Green improved on his 3-pt shot every year though. Green also stayed 4 years, although he didn't play much his first season.

A 3 point shot.

Reactions: Jonboy
What do you mean? Richardson was drafted by the Heat.
Yes he was and he has become a very good NBA player. Howver he had the physical properties that allow hin to play the 1 poition in the NBA. I am not sure that Williams has the heght or speed to play with 6'9-7'0 players who weight 270 pounds and run the floor like a point guard. He he decides to go, I wish him ghe best of everything, bur I wold rather see him get his Masters degree excel in the business world.

I'm not sure another year will improve his stock. He's a classic tweener. He's not going to morph into a 3 pt shooter and assume the 2 spot so I kinda wonder if he's not going to take a little time and really look at the roster we have coming back. With Schofield and Alexander gone, you know teams are going to focus on him even more next year. I'd be concerned that he'd not have nearly the year he's had this season. If he does come back, I think it might signal that he feels a lot better about our roster and our chances for success next year than I do. Maybe that's a stretch on my part, but he's a very smart young man. He's going to sit down with his family and with Barnes and give this some serious thought once the dust settles.

I'm not sure another year will improve his stock. He's a classic tweener. He's not going to morph into a 3 pt shooter and assume the 2 spot so I kinda wonder if he's not going to take a little time and really look at the roster we have coming back. With Schofield and Alexander gone, you know teams are going to focus on him even more next year. I'd be concerned that he'd not have nearly the year he's had this season. If he does come back, I think it might signal that he feels a lot better about our roster and our chances for success next year than I do. Maybe that's a stretch on my part, but he's a very smart young man. He's going to sit down with his family and with Barnes and give this some serious thought once the dust settles.

I’m mixed on it. He’s currently a mid 20 first round pick right now. His biggest need right now is a 3 point shot for the NBA. One thing that benefited Admiral was coming back and becoming a shooter. While Admiral isn’t a first rounder, his stock went up due to his improvement shooting the 3 ball.

If he is projected first round, comes back and leads us to another SEC Title, he will go down next to Peyton Manning in the UT Hisotry books.

Grant is a Small Forward at best with the skills of a 4 or 5 man. Will have to improve ball handling and outside shooting

Kyle is a backup center right now. Potential is higher but hasnt reached it yet

you talking about Stokes ?

If he is projected first round, comes back and leads us to another SEC Title, he will go down next to Peyton Manning in the UT Hisotry books.

Grant is a good kid and a very good college basketball player, but an all-time great? Nah.

Used to live in South FL and watched a lot of Heat NBA hoops...saw LeBron's 4 years. Your comparison to Draymond Green is decent as I do see them as similar players. As you stated Green played 4 years for Sparty as I believe Grant should for UT. Honestly believe he will do what Admiral did last season. go for an NBA evaluation. I've had people ask me does Grant need the money and I don't know for sure but I thought I heard his Mother was a NASA Engineer. Don't know from academic standpoint if Grant was taking a similar career path as his Mother. I do know he is a very bright young man and will make a calculated decision after a NBA evaluation.

Playing in 50+ games as a rookie isn’t “sparingly”
But it's not like he was full time starter, or full time rotation either. It means he got DNP CD in at least 30 games as well (or was injured, I don't remember). He played 20 mpg, averaged 6 ppg. Again, not like he was a huge factor. Also, he was a 4 year guy. If you don't play at least that much you "rookie" year, you probably aren't making it.

But it's not like he was full time starter, or full time rotation either. It means he got DNP CD in at least 30 games as well (or was injured, I don't remember). He played 20 mpg, averaged 6 ppg. Again, not like he was a huge factor. Also, he was a 4 year guy. If you don't play at least that much you "rookie" year, you probably aren't making it.

A bench player getting 20+ minutes per game is definitely being in the full time rotation.... smh

VN Store

Back