Poll: Will Grant be back?

Will Grant be back?

• Total voters
Grant is a good kid and a very good college basketball player, but an all-time great? Nah.

Well the guy did say if he came back. Truthfully if he does come back and won sec player of the year he would be remembered as one of the all time sec greats no question.

Reactions: BucVol98
I hope he returns. I remember talking to one of the coaches before the NCAA tourney last year and he mentioned the staff preparing for Grant to leave after this season. I couldn’t really believe I heard him right because I definitely thought he was a 4 year guy that didn’t have NBA height. If they thought that last year, they have entertained that idea all season and prepared for it. Again though, I hope he stays. He’s already an all-time fan fave.

I think he & Bone will be back UNLESS they hire an unethical agent who purposely advises them incorrectly

No, rule changed. They can hire an agent and go thru the process and still have until late-May (24th-ish) to return to school.

That rule has just now been out there, do you know if it has taken effect as of now, for this year?

Why would he go as a 2nd round pick? Jordan Bone on the bubble and more than likely not even get picked. He may end up in the NBA development league.

If you are Grant & you see Admiral graduate & Bone look into his draft status, you don’t want to return to Tennessee. Whom else on the team has quality playing time?
Grant will have to do it all by himself next season, for the most part
If Bone leaves, he may as well leave also. By himself, his performance & draft stock will slip next season

If you are Grant & you see Admiral graduate & Bone look into his draft status, you don’t want to return to Tennessee. Whom else on the team has quality playing time?
Grant will have to do it all by himself next season, for the most part
If Bone leaves, he may as well leave also. By himself, his performance & draft stock will slip next season
Lamonte, Bowden, and the 5 star James would indicate he won't have to do it by himself. Plus DJ Burns was a 4 star, and we can assume Jalen, Yves, and Fulkerson will get at least a little better. And if Bone leaves we can always recruit someone else either grad transfer or high school. There's still talent.

Reactions: matt1107
In my opinion, which matters not, he needs to work on his perimeter game, ball handling, and going to the basket, under control. He could be a better distributor, out of the post. His perimeter defense could definitely be better, and at times he seemed pretty fatigued, in games where the pace was up and down. So, conditioning could be better.

If he is sure to be drafted, then I say leave. If it is a very talented draft & he could go undrafted, then I say stay

I scoured the draft projections looking for where Bone might land and surprisingly found Grant Williams in 4 or 5 first round listings, and a couple of second round listings. I selfishly want him to stay, but if he is going to go in the first round he should probably go. If Bone and Williams both stay, the our basketball Vols will be in great hands. If they both go, coach Barnes is going to earn his money this next year.

Wrong again!!! Charles Barkley is 6’ 6’. Grant Williams is 6’ 7’

If Grant is too short then Barkley is too. And Barkley is in NBA Hall Of Shame
Understand but it's entirely two different eras. The league is a lot more athletic now.

And Barkley said that he is somewhere between 6'4" and 6'5".

Don't get me wrong. I'm pulling for him. I really am. Would do wonders for our recruiting, but it's up to the NBA evaluation as to his future in that league. Just not sure where I'd picture him playing and being successful in the NBA.

Yes it did. They can only get travel expenses paid for can't accept any form of compensation

Thanks, I had saw and read the rule just didn’t see when it took effect. The Bone decision makes more sense now.

VN Store

Back