POLL: Which Bowl outcome would you prefer, a victory over Tulane in Cotton or a loss in Orange or Sugar?

Which Bowl outcome would you prefer, a victory over Tulane in Cotton or a loss in Orange or Sugar?

• victory over Tulane (or UCF) in Cotton Bowl

Votes: 190 88.8%
  • loss vs Clemson or Kansas State in Orange or Sugar Bowls

Votes: 24 11.2%

• Total voters
Really

A win or a loss? Come on

We all want a good bowl vs a good solid team and see what happens.

The upside of the orange/sugar bowl is much higher and the downside of the cotton is much lower. I’d take any W, but see no significant upside to a W in the Cotton.

The upside of the orange/sugar bowl is much higher and the downside of the cotton is much lower. I’d take any W, but see no significant upside to a W in the Cotton.

11-2, with a win and a higher final ranking
VS
10-3, losing 2 out of final 3 and a lower final ranking

maybe no huge upside with Cotton bowl……but zero upside with a loss, and lots of upside with best season since 2001, and a great final ranking.

Although the only 2 choices are kid of lame.

Fallacy of limited alternatives. A win in the Sugar or Orange of course.

I have thought about the possibility of UT getting snubbed though. What they'd want to do then is go out and hang 80 on their G-5 opponent. Punish the committee for screwing them.... make a mockery of the whole process.

Given our, er, limitations with Milton at QB, would you prefer to get snubbed in bowl selection but go on for a decisive victory in the Cotton Bowl, or would you rather go to the Orange or Sugar Bowls even if it's a sure loss? The scenarios are defined as a certain victory in Cotton vs a lesser opponent or a certain loss in Orange or Sugar vs a more high-profile opponent.
I think we can all agree that even a beatdown in the playoffs would have been preferable to anything here, but this question is a bit more nuanced.

Shhh. Lie down and keep still. It will over soon. Meanwhile, let me sing to you, your favorite lullaby:

I am in misery
And there ain't nobody who can comfort me (Oh yeah)
Why won't you answer me?

You say your faith is shaking
And you may be mistaken
To keep me wide awake and waiting for the sun
I'm so desperate and confused

Because I am in misery
There ain't nobody who can comfort me (Oh yeah)
Why won't you answer me?

The silence is just slowly killing me (Oh yeah)
I am in misery
I am in misery
I am in misery

Given our, er, limitations with Milton at QB, would you prefer to get snubbed in bowl selection but go on for a decisive victory in the Cotton Bowl, or would you rather go to the Orange or Sugar Bowls even if it's a sure loss? The scenarios are defined as a certain victory in Cotton vs a lesser opponent or a certain loss in Orange or Sugar vs a more high-profile opponent.

I think we can all agree that even a beatdown in the playoffs would have been preferable to anything here, but this question is a bit more nuanced.
Congratulations. OP needs a "Rescue".

Attachments

• John Taffer_gif.gif
    John Taffer_gif.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Why play hypotheticals that assume the loss to begin with. We are 10-2 and we have fans wanting to play a weak opponent??? If you want to be considered among the best you expect and want to play in the best game possible. Not wanting to play out of fear of losing is pathetic. Some folks have a loser mentality. You all go tell Heupel you want us to play in weakest bowl possible and that we don’t want to play in a bowl with any prestige or that could be a tough match. Glad some of our fans aren’t players. If you want to be a top dog you don’t run from the chances to play them. This thread is meaningless, nobody knows who is going to win in the future to begin with. Weak mindsets come up with this kind of thinking. GBO! Win or lose I hope we get the best matchup possible and the best matchup possible. You don’t put in the work and go 10-2 to play in the weakest bowl possible. That is not what the spirit of competition is about. GBO

Reactions: VOL89grad
Typical Nega Vol poll. Seriously think positive for a change. it is not that hard to do.
It’s truly sickening how weak and negative some are these days. We have a segment of fans that need to go cheer for Vandy. They will never have to strive for much there. GBO

Surprised you don't have a participation trophy category in there. GO TO THE ORANGE BOWL AND KICK BUTT!

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Not a great choice either way so I abstain. Go to the Cotton and beat Tulane or UCF and everybody says you were supposed to. Lose and everybody laughs at you. It would be worse than the 2009 Sugar Bowl when Utah beat up an uninterested Alabama team.

Did not Vote your choices were stupid their is more than one way to skin a cat. ( See Vandy Game)

I have a poll: Would you rather......

1. Eat for free at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and get hit by a Greyhound bus when you leave?

2. Eat at Captain D's , pay for your food, and make it home safely?

Reactions: JoAllan

Not picking a blind loss. Let's see what the team can do, but a bowl game vs Tulane is mind numbing.

VN Store

Back