POLL: Which Bowl outcome would you prefer, a victory over Tulane in Cotton or a loss in Orange or Sugar?

Which Bowl outcome would you prefer, a victory over Tulane in Cotton or a loss in Orange or Sugar?

• victory over Tulane (or UCF) in Cotton Bowl

Votes: 190 88.8%
  • loss vs Clemson or Kansas State in Orange or Sugar Bowls

Votes: 24 11.2%

• Total voters
Bowl games are so unpredictable sometimes. I’m afraid if we fall to the cotton bowl, the team will view it as a let down and will be less motivated to play their best. It happens every year and has several times to Tennessee. But I think they’ll also be more opt outs for us as well. Unfortunately, the upside is pretty low for the Cotton Bowl. Seems like a big comedown from being ranked number one to falling all the way to play Tulane or UCF. I don’t think anybody besides the fans of those schools would care about this match up at all.

I have a poll: Would you rather......

1. Eat for free at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and get hit by a Greyhound bus when you leave?

2. Eat at Captain D's , pay for your food, and make it home safely?

Can I just skip eating tonight? I don’t really like Captain D’s.

Reactions: WillisWG
I have a poll: Would you rather......

1. Eat for free at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and get hit by a Greyhound bus when you leave?

2. Eat at Captain D's , pay for your food, and make it home safely?

Ahh but what if the buss didn’t mess you up too bad……and you could sue the bus company for like 500 bucks.

Ok so this is what we’ve e become? GTFO with this BS. You POS should not have posting privileges and should go back to grammar school. Please leave Football to those who know WTF it is.

I want a win. Obviously I want best bowl possible, but I desperately want to end season on a win. I really hope that Hype isn't going to be one of these coaches who will cruise in the regular season and then lay an egg in bowls.

I wouldn't mind Cotton bowl cause Milton should show out. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Orange Bowl. I think Orange Bowl victory sends us into Top 5 with a win to end season

I don't like these poll options. You give the team time to practice and prepare for Clemson and the VOLS would win that game.

Reactions: feathersax
Poll results should be made public!

19 voters need to be tarred and feathered and forced to watch Costa Rica and Qatar play soccer

You only root for a loss when it's the final nail in Dooley's, Butch's, or Cornbread's coffin...

Given our, er, limitations with Milton at QB, would you prefer to get snubbed in bowl selection but go on for a decisive victory in the Cotton Bowl, or would you rather go to the Orange or Sugar Bowls even if it's a sure loss? The scenarios are defined as a certain victory in Cotton vs a lesser opponent or a certain loss in Orange or Sugar vs a more high-profile opponent.

I think we can all agree that even a beatdown in the playoffs would have been preferable to anything here, but this question is a bit more nuanced.
I look at it more this way......
Which would you prefer:

A complete beatdown of Clemson in the Orange Bowl with Milton establishing himself as one of the top QBs going into next year.
or
A win in the Cotton.

I’d always rather we win (unless we’re trying to get a coach fired).

11-2 looks a lot better than 10-3.

Given our, er, limitations with Milton at QB, would you prefer to get snubbed in bowl selection but go on for a decisive victory in the Cotton Bowl, or would you rather go to the Orange or Sugar Bowls even if it's a sure loss? The scenarios are defined as a certain victory in Cotton vs a lesser opponent or a certain loss in Orange or Sugar vs a more high-profile opponent.

I think we can all agree that even a beatdown in the playoffs would have been preferable to anything here, but this question is a bit more nuanced.
How about you take them 100 something post and stick em up your ass!

This is close to one of the dumbest threads ever. That’s all
& not participating in that stupid poll. Good grief.

Didn't participate in the poll, because it is stupid. Leaves out the other two possibilities (Orange/Sugar win, and Cotton loss).

No Volunteer fan wants to lose, ever.

So the OP is trying to force everyone's hand into agreeing with him that the Cotton Bowl and a relatively easy go would be better than the alternative.

I think that's stupid. It makes any results invalid, as those participating are having to choose between options most of them don't prefer at all.

I'd much rather go to the Orange, or the Sugar, and beat Clemson or Penn State or whoever they give to us.

Add that option to your poll, @tennesseekilt , and I'll vote in it.

Go Vols!

Top players on both teams will be missing regardless of where they play. May as well play in Florida then.

VN Store

Back