Playoff Picks!

The problem is that 'the best 4' is determined by a committee that wants to make money.

Pitt vs Michigan.
Winner gets Bama
Baylor plays Utah.
Winner gets Cincinnati.
Winners play for the NC.

A true NC, determined by conference winners, not subjective picks.
I’m for expanded playoffs but there should be a couple wildcard slots.
Georgia certainly should not be left out of any playoff scenarios.

the purpose of the playoff was to "play it on the field". Yesterday was a quarter final. They had their chance and they blew it. Next man up.

Dont give out participation trophies. Dont reward pretty. Football is about winning not feelings
You didn't answer my question

And exactly who do you believe is better than them? We already know the committee doesn't do the "deserves" to be there in regards to winning your conference. Georgia got exposed but there's no way I'm putting ND or Baylor in there.
Don't know that I'd quite say they got exposed...Bama has a better QB but UGA could easily put it to Bama in the championship game.

For Georgia fans, if not now, when? A lot of doubt in that locker room after last night, but I like the matchups for a possible rematch.

If you didn’t know or see it coming then shame on you. They were gonna set it up exactly the way they want the scenario to play out ! We can only hope that Michigan beats UgaLY ! I want to see something different and UgaLY loss is so beneficial to our cause.

Wouldn't make any sense to drop Cincinnati because UGA lost. Doesn't mean they won't of course

They weren't going to. And though it is kind of good to see an undefeated non power 5 get into the playoff? Their strength of schedule is not blowing any skirts up. In fact it is pathetic. I guess them beating Notre Dame is the only thing keeping them from bumping those clowns up.

All I know is even though I strongly dislike Alabama? The way they took down Georgia was pleasing. Cause I despise the Dogs. As to how the playoff works out? Don't really care. I hate Georgia and Michigan, dislike Bama, and DGAF about Cincinnati. So, hopefully, there is plenty of good hockey on.

I'm disappointed that Tennessee again will get robbed of a chance to be in the playoffs...

Tennessee beat Kentucky who beat LSU who beat Texas A&M who beat Alabama who also beat Georgia...

Tennessee beat Bowling Green who beat Minnesota who beat Purdue who beat Michigan State who beat Michigan...

Tennessee is clearly better than 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs this year...

Vols are 7-5. If you want them in the playoffs, they need to lose less games. Doesn't matter how much you are "beating off".

12-1 UGA had their shot to make the playoff and got ran over in what should have been them losing their chance. Y’all need to get off this “SEC, SEC, SEC” crap cause all it does is help Bama and UGA and hurt us in recruiting the top players
Ditto, keep saying that myself. They keep drinking that dumb SEC SEC koolaid. To be honest it’s stupid to shout SEC at football games . Yes the SEC is the best conference in football everybody already knows that. But to pull for Ala and Ga when your a UT is just stupid . Just promoting their recruiting . STOP DRINKING the SEC chant koolaid.

Reactions: tnutater
And UGa is clearly better than any team not named Bama. They will kill Michigan and play Bama again and lose to Bama again
I’m pulling for Cincy and Michigan . If Ga play Bama again just hand Bama the trophy result will be the same.

The semis will be blowouts as usual and The Gumps will beat the Puppies for their 49th championship.

Defense looked pretty weak against a team that had a poor OL. I'd say that's exposed.
I think your opinion that Bama has a "poor" O-line is probably not shared by anyone who knows something about football. It's also not supported by reality:

2021 College Football Team Total Offense Stats | ESPN

They have the sixth-ranked offense in D-I. They're averaging 496 yards and 42 points per game, along with 148 rushing yards per game. Those things tend not to happen with a "poor" O-line.

Reactions: TheFlash1971
I think your opinion that Bama has a "poor" O-line is probably not shared by anyone who knows something about football. It's also not supported by reality:

2021 College Football Team Total Offense Stats | ESPN

They have the sixth-ranked offense in D-I. They're averaging 496 yards and 42 points per game, along with 148 rushing yards per game. Those things tend not to happen with a "poor" O-line.

Bama's offensive output has masked some major issues on the offensive line. The fact that they've been rotating guys all year should tell you something. Despite how well Young has played, and despite his mobility, Bama is 106th in the country in sacks allowed. Only LSU and Tennessee are worse in the conference. Bama is tied for 115th in tackles for loss allowed and dead last in the SEC.

Young's output with the line he's had in front of him should further reinforce the obvious conclusion that he'll win the Heisman. And if Bama gets competent o-line play next year, the country should be very afraid.

Bama's offensive output has masked some major issues on the offensive line. The fact that they've been rotating guys all year should tell you something. Despite how well Young has played, and despite his mobility, Bama is 106th in the country in sacks allowed. Only LSU and Tennessee are worse in the conference. Bama is tied for 115th in tackles for loss allowed and dead last in the SEC.

Young's output with the line he's had in front of him should further reinforce the obvious conclusion that he'll win the Heisman. And if Bama gets competent o-line play next year, the country should be very afraid.
Their is Alabama then their is the rest of the whole country. They have boat raced the SEC pretty much the last 12 yrs . Yeah they have had a couple of off days where a team plays them close but overall they have mastered the art of destroying your secondary. You want to beat Alabama you better have 2 lock down corners or be able to run the ball for 250 plus yards .

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back