Playoff Picks!

Michigan will need to increase their pace. Bama showed that the key to beating UGA is to keep them from substituting. Davis is a fabulous player but has absolutely no conditioning. You want him to have to play 5-6 snaps in a row.
The offensive line of Michigan’s has protected their quarterback better this year, than I’ve seen in a while. Their passing game is dangerous. Their defense isn’t that bad. Picking up the pace, I thought they did that yesterday and have been doing it for a while. During Ohio state, they picked up that pace as the game went along, and got stronger.

If this was the NFL I agree because the NFL regulates draft status and caps and you should get the picture. Parity

College Football ALL CONFERENCES are Not Created Equal. SEC should have two in this year. The NCAA is doing the best it can but It is not good enough.

but all conferences have one thing in common: each declare an undisputed conference champion. That should be the only prerequisite to get into the nc picture

I think Michigan is dangerous. I think the wolverines can take them to the limit and beat them.

Right now Michigan is getting +7.5 so get your Bet in....

Update: Down to +7 in an hour... To be honest I think it will be +3.5 by game day

Last edited:
Go Bearcats! I think Michigan has a legit shot. I just hope the tide and puppies both lose the first game.

Reactions: Vol524
Hope your right. I don’t care for Michigan but I detest Georgia more.
I’ve watched Michigan a lot this year, more than I have before. I’ve watched the big 10, a lot this year. Michigan is a team with flexibility more this year. They have depth, size, and speed on the outside. Defensively, they have stopped offenses like Ohio State, Michigan State, and others. They shut down Michigan state’s talented running back, and they contained Ohio State’s quarterback. They’re a team built this year of destroying people. They are that good.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
but all conferences have one thing in common: each declare an undisputed conference champion. That should be the only prerequisite to get into the nc picture

Don't disagree with you in an eight team Playoff system.

Right now we have 5 Power Conferences and only 4 slots so where does that argument fit into today's Playoff System.

It doesn't.

So an undefeated ND and Cincy sit out regardless.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Because a 10-3 Utah team deserves to go over 12-1 UGA?

He just needs to have another drink and think about it.

Also Pitt would be in consideration, Cincy would be out.

Don't forget Baylor also.

I hate Georgia and Alabama both, but you cannot dispute that they are in the top 4 teams of the country. Toughest Conference. Alabama 9-1 against CFP Teams and strength of Schedule justifies the Number 1 seed. Michigan was 5-1 against the CFP top 25 and Strength of schedule was mid 40s

Because a 10-3 Utah team deserves to go over 12-1 UGA?

12-1 UGA had their shot to make the playoff and got ran over in what should have been them losing their chance. Y’all need to get off this “SEC, SEC, SEC” crap cause all it does is help Bama and UGA and hurt us in recruiting the top players

Don't disagree with you in an eight team Playoff system.

Right now we have 5 Power Conferences and only 4 slots so where does that argument fit into today's Playoff System.

It doesn't.

So an undefeated ND and Cincy sit out regardless.

change it to a 5 team play off. Not really a stroke of genius to figure it out

If you must have 4, 8, or even 12 teams because that's what makes a playoff bracket them the bracket is more important than crowing a champion. Hell, the nfl is only a 7 team playoff per conference and that works.

The offensive line of Michigan’s has protected their quarterback better this year, than I’ve seen in a while. Their passing game is dangerous. Their defense isn’t that bad. Picking up the pace, I thought they did that yesterday and have been doing it for a while. During Ohio state, they picked up that pace as the game went along, and got stronger.

You haven't watched Michigan football if you believe that. They are a run first offense which is Georgia's strength. Their QB has only thrown like 15 tds and less than 2500 yards and isnt a running threat. The line match up is what intrigues me

12-1 UGA had their shot to make the playoff and got ran over in what should have been them losing their chance. Y’all need to get off this “SEC, SEC, SEC” crap cause all it does is help Bama and UGA and hurt us in recruiting the top players
And UGa is clearly better than any team not named Bama. They will kill Michigan and play Bama again and lose to Bama again

Reactions: Vollifer1949

If you must have 4, 8, or even 12 teams because that's what makes a playoff bracket them the bracket is more important than crowing a champion. Hell, the nfl is only a 7 team playoff per conference and that works.

That makes it a 14 team playoff, not 2 7 team playoffs.

If they insist on keeping this plus one “playoff” then they need to factor in the conference championship games as play in games. When you can get curb stomped and still make the playoff, something is wrong

And UGa is clearly better than any team not named Bama. They will kill Michigan and play Bama again and lose to Bama again

Which is exactly why it shouldn’t happen, get off the SEC hype train and realize the rest of the SEC looks like fools helping boost these few teams every year

The problem is that 'the best 4' is determined by a committee that wants to make money.

Pitt vs Michigan.
Winner gets Bama
Baylor plays Utah.
Winner gets Cincinnati.
Winners play for the NC.

A true NC, determined by conference winners, not subjective picks.
Why punish the best conferences?

NFL 14 tean playoff with 32 teams eligible.
Get a grip on your brain.
The key is seeding and balance...

5 team playoff?
get a grip on your brain

I guess you want to give participation trophies out too?

Well at least we are spared Clemson , Ohio St, Oklahoma and Notre Dame this year

I’ve watched Michigan a lot this year, more than I have before. I’ve watched the big 10, a lot this year. Michigan is a team with flexibility more this year. They have depth, size, and speed on the outside. Defensively, they have stopped offenses like Ohio State, Michigan State, and others. They shut down Michigan state’s talented running back, and they contained Ohio State’s quarterback. They’re a team built this year of destroying people. They are that good.
"They won't score on Georgia. Last night was a wake up, Georgia destroys Michigan, than wins the rematch ". That's what a dawg fan just posted on Facebook, and everyone is agreeing with him. I hope Michigan beats them worse than the tide did🤣

That makes it a 14 team playoff, not 2 7 team playoffs.

If they insist on keeping this plus one “playoff” then they need to factor in the conference championship games as play in games. When you can get curb stomped and still make the playoff, something is wrong

when you are number 1 for 2/3 of the season

If this were Tennessee everybody would be preaching a different story

We almost missed the BCS Championship Game because of this kind of thinking....

Right now it is screwed up it always has been....

Play this out with an 8 team playoff system

Who gets in? Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Utah, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Baylor .............. Oh No that is 9 teams! LOL

VN Store

Back