Players Speaking Up

I don't think anyone is out to get me per se.....however if someone that looks like me suffers brutality or discrimination I will speak up. I am gainfully employed and doing quite well. So I lend my voice to those that are targeted because of where they live, how they dress, or how they look. Anyone that speaks up against injustice is not playing a victim card. Please find a post where I have played the victim card. I have been blessed enough to be able to help others out.
The thing about Europeans is that anyone that speaks and make them uncomfortable is an agitator.
So you only speak up for people that look like you? Reading through some of your posts, I admire your passion, but there are lots of holes in your logic.

Texas LB DeMarvion Overshown to sit out until 'changes are made' at university

Texas linebacker DeMarvion Overshown says that until "real action" is taken regarding Longhorns players' demands that the university be more inclusive for Black athletes and the Black community, he will be "sitting out of all team activities."

"We have been told that things are being done behind close doors but have yet to see any changes," Overshown wrote in a tweet. "We are constantly preached urgency throughout the program and I feel that the university should be held to the same standard."

Last month, dozens of Longhorns athletes issued an unsigned, two-page statement requesting the school rename several campus buildings named after school officials with ties to its segregationist past. They also said the school should stop using "The Eyes of Texas," which has long been criticized for its connection to minstrel shows with characters in blackface in the early 1900s. It is regularly sung at nearly every organized campus event, and players in all sports gather as a team to sing it after every game.

Other requests included the installation of more diverse statues designed by people of color; a permanent Black athletic history in the school's athletics Hall of Honor; and the renaming of part of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium after Julius Whittier, the Longhorns' first Black player.

Longhorns LB to sit out until 'real action is taken'

Texas linebacker DeMarvion Overshown says that until "real action" is taken regarding Longhorns players' demands that the university be more inclusive for Black athletes and the Black community, he will be "sitting out of all team activities."

"We have been told that things are being done behind close doors but have yet to see any changes," Overshown wrote in a tweet. "We are constantly preached urgency throughout the program and I feel that the university should be held to the same standard."

Last month, dozens of Longhorns athletes issued an unsigned, two-page statement requesting the school rename several campus buildings named after school officials with ties to its segregationist past. They also said the school should stop using "The Eyes of Texas," which has long been criticized for its connection to minstrel shows with characters in blackface in the early 1900s. It is regularly sung at nearly every organized campus event, and players in all sports gather as a team to sing it after every game.

Other requests included the installation of more diverse statues designed by people of color; a permanent Black athletic history in the school's athletics Hall of Honor; and the renaming of part of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium after Julius Whittier, the Longhorns' first Black player.

The universities better stop caving to individual player demands .. it won’t end well . Common sense is going out the window and it’s being replaced by virtue signaling . Identity politics demanded by an individual athlete or else I won’t play .. isn’t a successful model .

The universities better stop caving to individual player demands .. it won’t end well . Common sense is going out the window and it’s being replaced by virtue signaling . Identity politics demanded by an individual athlete or else I won’t play .. isn’t a successful model .

The universities, including the University of Tennessee, believe it IS a successful model.

Reactions: volfanjustin
The universities, including the University of Tennessee, believe it IS a successful model.

That’s the odd part , all of these highly educated leaders believe that bending the knee to an individual athlete is the right thing to do for the entire university and all of its students , donors and supporters . Again .. logic is being replaced by virtue signaling and the irony of it being a place of higher learning isn’t lost on me .

Reactions: allvol123

What other university is going to accept this guy if he transfers? If he has a chance at the NFL does he think a team will pick him up if the can avoid him altogether? I'm sure he won't be missed. I agree, I would stop caving to every individual grievance.

Last edited:
Reactions: allvol123
I agree. So what you’re saying is...if Pruitt comes out and identifies as a conservative republican who is an avid Trump supporter (which is probably true), the players would stop showing up to practice?

I now understand why people are so private with their political views. My parents always used to say to never tell people who you’ve voted for. I will say I have voted both ways and focus more on the individual than the party.

Last edited:
Reactions: hmhawk
That’s the odd part , all of these highly educated leaders believe that bending the knee to an individual athlete is the right thing to do for the entire university and all of its students , donors and supporters . Again .. logic is being replaced by virtue signaling and the irony of it being a place of higher learning isn’t lost on me .
Did you read the story of the professor at Michigan St who was fired for merely citing a study which showed the difference between police encounters of whites and blacks aren’t statistically dramatic.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

A linebacker in the state of Texas is threatening to sit out until an absurd list of demands is met? Gosh I hope the University of Texas won’t have to travel too far to find a worthy replacement.

So NFL teams go out of their way to hire white execs and coaches, who aren't as good at their jobs as some black candidates, because they're racist? Isn't the NFL this uber-competitive thing that values winning (i.e., money) above all? Does he really think the NFL values racism above money? Those 2 things don't seem to square. Isn't it more likely they want to hire the candidate that gives them the best chance of winning, regardless of race?

So NFL teams go out of their way to hire white execs and coaches, who aren't as good at their jobs as some black candidates, because they're racist? Isn't the NFL this uber-competitive thing that values winning (i.e., money) above all? Does he really think the NFL values racism above money? Those 2 things don't seem to square. Isn't it more likely they want to hire the candidate that gives them the best chance of winning, regardless of race?

Yes, they do. They truly believe there is a huge plethora of successful African American coaches who are purposefully being ignored simply due to their skin color. They ignore unmitigated disasters who were hired like Mike Singletary, Hugh Jackson, Vance Joseph, Todd Bowles, and Romeo Crennel. There have been successes like Mike Tomlin, Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, Herman Edwards, and Jim Caldwell. My point being this notion that a team would refuse to hire a coach simply because he is black is nonsense. If a team thinks they can win with him, they will hire him.

Yes, they do. They truly believe there is a huge plethora of successful African American coaches who are purposefully being ignored simply due to their skin color. They ignore unmitigated disasters who were hired like Mike Singletary, Hugh Jackson, Vance Joseph, Todd Bowles, and Romeo Crennel. There have been successes like Mike Tomlin, Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, Herman Edwards, and Jim Caldwell. My point being this notion that a team would refuse to hire a coach simply because he is black is nonsense. If a team thinks they can win with him, they will hire him.
Someone told me once that the Seahawks threw that interception in the SB and lost cause they didn't want Lynch to run it and win cause he was black.

VN Store

Back