Players and Coaches have to be separated on sideline

There was a guy that got honored tonite on the field with the 1969 team that told me 2 years ago at a game "we fought all the time"
that's right.....some damn good players don't play. you make a mistake, they'll let you know in a heartbeat. They're true competitors and all they care about is the W.......for 3+ hours

This UGA team is better than last year. Much better defense, same wear you down to the bone, yet balanced offense. They remind me of the Andy Kelly Vols. They just know that you are going to break, at some point, and they keep putting on the steam. A great offensive line, and a competent, confident QB go a long way. UGA will easily win the East. Not sure if they'll survive to make the CFB playoffs. Oklahoma, Bama, Clemson, Wisconsin/Ohio State are my four. UGA has a tough road to hoe.
They won't go down easy

Reactions: kbear01
This UGA team is better than last year. Much better defense, same wear you down to the bone, yet balanced offense. They remind me of the Andy Kelly Vols. They just know that you are going to break, at some point, and they keep putting on the steam. A great offensive line, and a competent, confident QB go a long way. UGA will easily win the East. Not sure if they'll survive to make the CFB playoffs. Oklahoma, Bama, Clemson, Wisconsin/Ohio State are my four. UGA has a tough road to hoe.

If they don’t start faster they won’t get anywhere near any championship.

Yeah it was pretty much a case of that big OL beat the vols Into submission. Zero points from just after the first quarter. Zero running game. Zero yards passing for the entire second half (unless you want to count the last drive the vols had against UGA’s third string. UGA ran at will behind that big OL, they just didn’t run it as much as they normally do) but they ran at will. Fromm was 25 of 29 for right at 300 with 2 TD’s and no picks. And no grass stains on his uni, as the only pressure he had all night was trying to audible while the PA blasted music for the entire 40 second clock (ok they turned it off with 8-10 seconds left). So not sure if it was the beatdown to beat all beatdowns. But it most assuredly was a beatdown.
I felt like that loss 2 years ago was much worse. It seemed like those 2 scores at the end of the first half really took it out of us. We have zero pass rush from the DL and that really puts us in trouble. I hope we can get some impact DL players next year.

Uh, in fairness, I thought we played much better football on both sides of the ball the first half. But we gave up >300 yards of total offense the first half. Granted they punked us the final 3 minutes of the first half. But they have no shot at a NC this year as their pass defense stinks. A really good QB and offense will torch UGA for whateve if they want to IMO. It may happen against LSU.
I agree with you. People are talking about this being the year Georgia gets past Bama. I not sure they make it past Florida!

If they don’t start faster they won’t get anywhere near any championship.
That defense is pretty stout, and they don't hurt themselves on offense. Although, they started fast against Bama, last year, and in the CFB NC game, two years ago. UGA is confortable in "Who they are". UT is still trying to find itself. UF is finding itself. But, they are still kind of feeling around, on offense. Bama is a scoring machine. But, UGA showed last year, that they can frustrate Tua. UGA is better, all-around, this season. Bama is better, offensively(Scoring). But, their offense does not compliment there D. It exposes it, for what it is. Not that good. UGA, UF and Missouri are the best defenses in the SEC, at this point, in my opinion,

I am very concerned about our s&c. Our defense seems to be pushed around by everyone we play.
Right.......Darnell W., Henry T., .........etc. have been on campus 4 months. Many haven't had time to get into good playing condition. Rare for a lineman to even start in the SEC right out of HS. The true conditioning will show during their soph year if they're dedicated.

Reactions: OrangenSC
This team is not very good and it doesn’t appear they are improving at all. I really don’t think JP will last.
If you cant see they are improving you are blind. Sure we lost but that is the best game we have played all year. GA may be the best team in the country. If their not they are close and the have a NFL QB.

I attended the game tonight....we played our best game of the season against the toughest opponent of the season....

I got nothing for you if you cannot understand those simple, basic facts.

good night....
Our best games of the season were against BYU and UTC. Losing by 29 points at home and playing 2 and a half quarters of bad football is really nothing to brag about. Also, Florida might be our toughest opponent so far. They might be better than Georgia at this point. Which should concern Vols fans considering how they haven't regressed any since hiring Mullen.

You still weren't able to prove there were more positives than negatives from last night's game. The negatives outweighed the positives by about a 10 to 2 margin.

Anyways, I'll be cheering on the Vols like I have the last 30 plus years. Hopefully they'll start taking more positive steps than negative steps soon.

Reactions: 08Vol
If you cant see they are improving you are blind. Sure we lost but that is the best game we have played all year. GA may be the best team in the country. If their not they are close and the have a NFL QB.
If this team is improving then the number in the W column should be more than 1 right now and needs to start increasing next week and the rest of the season.

I will be blind until I “see” more. Better coaching especially. Our overpriced defensive coordinator is garbage. We are young but that’s the case since Botch.

Its good to see some fight in players. If it was between the oline then it might have been a missed block or assignment and the other guys are tired of seeing their QB on the ground. They obviously follow BM better than JG but I thought JG handled the situation like a boss

This team is not very good and it doesn’t appear they are improving at all. I really don’t think JP will last.

You’re either a master troll or we were watching a different game. This team fought harder than they have all year. We were outgunned from the start but made it a game until 2nd half.

The team that played last night can beat teams like Candy, USCjr and UK. Up until this point that was never looking possible.

Reactions: OrangenSC
You’re either a master troll or we were watching a different game. This team fought harder than they have all year. We were outgunned from the start but made it a game until 2nd half.

The team that played last night can beat teams like Candy, USCjr and UK. Up until this point that was never looking possible.
I don’t wear orange glasses anymore. I’m a proud UT grad that is tired of not having a coach that people are afraid of. You wait until we play the teams you say we can beat. They ALL will play the games of their lives against us.

They have an experience and seasoned football team with a QB that's been there and done that for multiple seasons now. No reason for them not to be confident.

Kirby was still sending blitzes late in the game trying to keep UT off the board. So I dont buy any of that.
I know it different to squeak it out by 1 point versus failing to cover a large spread by a few points but I wonder if Clemson getting dropped in the rankings is weighing on the minds of coaches at playoff contender programs?

Oh...it's raining in Nashville! We needed this.

I sit in S and caught the end of it. Looked like 74 Calvert was involved. We think he was hot about something with an assistant coach/staff. Jennings played peacemaker from my and next door neighbor seats fan view and Callaway wanting to get involved. 74 played later so must not have been more than typical football stuff. Settled down pretty quickly and didn’t linger. This is not 100 percent verified just what we saw from our view straight down to sideline 30 rows up.

Steelers fan here. But, I do pull for the Titans, unless they a playing my Steelers.
Just the raven coming out of me toward the steelers and the fact that they recently traded Dobbs. Loved 'em with Bradshaw, Lambert, Blount, etc.......true blue collar. Probably best football team in history, imo.

VN Store

Back