Players and Coaches have to be separated on sideline

That’s exactly right, but we made them dogs butts pucker for most of the 1st half. Maurer should be the starter from here on out. He’s a little banged up right now, but I’ll bet he’s good to go next week.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Except when Al Wilson was playing, from stories I've heard to a man everyone on that team feared him.

Did Dan Mullen have more than 40% of his juniors and seniors leave the program because they couldn't cut it at UF or get any playing time because the freshman and sophomores are taking their spots???

Reactions: Lurker and vols40
Sat here and watched the entire game on TV. Must have not been all that, because they never mentioned it. And since it was ESPN, and ESPN hates us, it was nothing much.

This team is not very good and it doesn’t appear they are improving at all. I really don’t think JP will last.

Looked a helluva lot better in the first half. Did you even watch the game?

Yep, far more positives than negatives coming out of this game.
Disagree with that statement.

1. Fromm completed 24/29 passes. That's an 82% completion rate!
2. Georgia almost ran for 300 yards on our defense
3. Tennessee had only 70 yards rushing on offense.
4. Tennessee's defense recorded 0 sacks. Georgia's defense recorded 3 sacks
5. Georgia's defense recorded 11 tackles for loss. Tennessee's defense recorded 2.
6. We lost to Georgia by more points this year than we did last year.
7. Georgia, after tonight, now has the lead in the all time series with Tennessee.
8. Georgia had an almost 13 minute advantage in time of possession
9. Georgia outgained Tennessee by almost 200 yards on offense.
10. We lost 43-14

By far the best team UT has played this year.... and UT hung in until half. If Maurer had gotten the starter's reps since the beginning of August then maybe UT would have had a real shot.

And most everyone knew he should have gotten them. I seen the potential of Maurer in the orange and white game. And I also noticed jg was the same jg I have seen. It has been obvious to most everyone that jg didn't have it. And Pruitt is still not convinced that Maurer will start against Miss St. says he will have to look at the game film to determine this.

15 point game with like 10 minutes left in the game. Could have been a 12 point game (or closer) had we not missed the FG at the end of the 1st half and left too much time with a short field.

And about this time jg enters the game

This team is not very good and it doesn’t appear they are improving at all. I really don’t think JP will last.

Then you are just too blind to see what was OBVIOUS to everyone watching the first half tonight.
What I saw was a team standing toe to toe in the ring and punching themselves out by the end of the 1st half.

I'll take it....That team showed some definite signs of LIFE and HOPE...for the future.

How is the competent coach going to overcome lack of S&C program for almost 2 years. Where is the talent on this team? DL, no; LB, some; DB, good grief NO. And a lot of these guys playing are either freshmen, or first year JC players which can be iffy sometimes. On offense you have 3 or 4 true freshmen playing. These circumstances are what you inherited and as a coach he needs to keep on recruiting and emphasizing the weight room.

I hope with the experience the younger guys are getting, and with another year in the S&C program we can see some tangible results. Should we have won the GA State and BYU? YES

I am very concerned about our s&c. Our defense seems to be pushed around by everyone we play.

5. Georgia's defense recorded 11 tackles for loss. Tennessee's defense recorded 2.
7. Georgia, after tonight, now has the lead in the all time series with Tennessee.
10. We lost 43-14

Right...and you just identified yourself as a person who is lost in the trees of statistics and cannot see the forest of overall improvement on offense and defense.
By the way--we just played the #3 team in the country...a team who will make it to Atlanta in December...and possible one of the final four playoff teams.

And our VOLS looked better in this game during the first half than we've looked all year.
It just shows that CHANEY is too *^*&^ stupid to recognize JG's ineptness and his need to spend his time developing Maurer.
If Maurer would've been this prepared to take the field against BYU--we beat them by at least 14 points.

And I did say last year that JG would be replaced before we were half way thru this season---I just thought it would be Shrout to replace him.

Right...and you just identified yourself as a person who is lost in the trees of statistics and cannot see the forest of overall improvement on offense and defense.
By the way--we just played the #3 team in the country...a team who will make it to Atlanta in December...and possible one of the final four playoff teams.

And our VOLS looked better in this game during the first half than we've looked all year.
It just shows that CHANEY is too *^*&^ stupid to recognize JG's ineptness and his need to spend his time developing Maurer.
If Maurer would've been this prepared to take the field against BYU--we beat them by at least 14 points.

And I did say last year that JG would be replaced before we were half way thru this season---I just thought it would be Shrout to replace him.

Yes you did say that, and I remember I thought he should have been the starter in game 1 of this season. Had he have started from game one we would be a much better team now. But the sad part of this, according to Pruitt he will have to look at game film to dtermine if Maurer will be the starter our next game.

Please list this forest of overall improvement. We lost 43-14 to Georgia in Neyland Stadium. They went 8-2 against Tennessee this decade which now gave them the lead in the series. Some of us don't like losing to rivals and don't like how this program has regressed. If you enjoy losing by almost 30 points to our rivals in our home stadium then that's your choice.

I'll admit we looked good halfway thru the 2nd quarter. But there are 4 quarters to a football game and 2 halves. We need a head coach who knows how to teach players to execute all 4 quarters and to recruit players that can now compete with Georgia. I still saw nothing tonight that convinces me that Pruitt is our guy.

And most everyone knew he should have gotten them. I seen the potential of Maurer in the orange and white game. And I also noticed jg was the same jg I have seen. It has been obvious to most everyone that jg didn't have it. And Pruitt is still not convinced that Maurer will start against Miss St. says he will have to look at the game film to determine this.
As he should.

But to be fair, JG has been fooling people by being a practice warrior for four years who wilts when the lights come on. Personally, I had hope after the 2nd half of the O&W game that maybe he had turned the corner a little. Then the season started and the same weaknesses were even more revealed as they tried to give him more responsibility..

As Chaney gets a chance to add more to the gameplan that compliments Maurer's skills, the O should improve significantly.

Please list this forest of overall improvement. We lost 43-14 to Georgia in Neyland Stadium. They went 8-2 against Tennessee this decade which now gave them the lead in the series. Some of us don't like losing to rivals and don't like how this program has regressed. If you enjoy losing by almost 30 points to our rivals in our home stadium then that's your choice.

I'll admit we looked good halfway thru the 2nd quarter. But there are 4 quarters to a football game and 2 halves. We need a head coach who knows how to teach players to execute all 4 quarters and to recruit players that can now compete with Georgia. I still saw nothing tonight that convinces me that Pruitt is our guy.

I got nothing to say that you'd even remotely understand.
It's like trying to talk to Wall-Mart customers all day long----

Did you really expect anything different? I mean we all know you hate Pruitt and the Vols in general. But did you really expect this team not to ge demolished by the #3 team in the country? Yes they fought and fought hard. Pretty sad you cannot see that.
The main thing that I took away from this game was, we actually forced a legit team to make adjustments to what we were doing. Make no mistake about it, Georgia was in a fight in the first half and had to change some things up to stop us. It was not a case of the other team simply strolling out on the field and dictating the game. We made them work for everything they got. Now, with that said, the adjustments made were spot on and shut us down completely, in the 2nd half. I saw fight from this team tonight! The D bowed their necks and had a huge stand! The O-line played pretty solid. We saw a glimpse of a QB we can win with. Henry T. Is gonna be one hell of a player and leader for this program. I saw a bunch of guys that did not want to lose! Hell yeah, it sucks to lose and there are a ton of things we need to get a whole lot better at, but the fight in our team and the fact that Georgia had to adjust to what we were doing offensively(which I haven’t seen a team have to do, in probably 5 years)made me smile. I hate moral victories as much as the next guy but for an entire half, I saw a glimmer of hope, and hopefully a short preview of what this team can be, moving forward!
GBO!!

I’m sitting in section T about 15 rows up. A fight broke out between several players and at least one coach. Several players and coaches had to break it up. Number 58 (J. Johnson) who is not even dressed was right in the middle of it. Not a good look for the Vols. Team is at each other’s throats and imploding from within.

Tonight’s the Most fight this team has shown all season, nothing wrong with a fight, shows they care...only folks concerned are little wussies like op...must be a snapflake participation trophy type.

Reactions: SpookyAction
As he should.

But to be fair, JG has been fooling people by being a practice warrior for four years who wilts when the lights come on. Personally, I had hope after the 2nd half of the O&W game that maybe he had turned the corner a little. Then the season started and the same weaknesses were even more revealed as they tried to give him more responsibility..

As Chaney gets a chance to add more to the gameplan that compliments Maurer's skills, the O should improve significantly.

Are you seriously saying that in order to see if we played better with Maurer in the game than with jg. That in order to see if the team responded to Maurer and played with much more heart and enthuiasm with Maurer. And Pruitt being on the sidelines in the game, he has to look at game film to see if Maurer or Jg starts the next game. This is really a confidence booster for Maurer. Pruitt brags on jg much more than he does on Maurer, and jg should be thru at ut, barring injury. How much more confidence would it have given Maurer if he had said something like. Jg has really played hard at ut, and I respect and thank him for this. And yes I feel Maurer earned the starting job for the next game. Pruitt has certainly said on more than one occasion jg is the starter cause he is the best qb on the team. And everyone who has watched us knows this. Yes Maurer made mistakes, and will continue to make mistakes, but to not give him the confidence boost and name him the starter is a big mistake imo. I am confident if jg had of played this game we would not have scored a td

Okay. Instead of throwing out insults then how about you come up with an actual intelligent post about how we've made progress this season. And back it up with actual facts.

I attended the game tonight....we played our best game of the season against the toughest opponent of the season....

I got nothing for you if you cannot understand those simple, basic facts.

good night....

10. We lost 43-14

All issues Pruitt is trying to address and it starts in the trenches! That and wr speed is costing us!

Did Dan Mullen have more than 40% of his juniors and seniors leave the program because they couldn't cut it at UF or get any playing time because the freshman and sophomores are taking their spots???
Dan Mullen didn't coach MSU's bowl game, which gave him a little more time to evaluate the roster and recruit for UF.

VN Store

Back