PJ Fleck

I will go on record like I have the last two years saying Pruitt will get it done at UT. UT may have a hard time keeping here after his success at UT. I didn't want Chad Morris, Scott Frost, Lane Kiffin, Willie Taggart, Mike Gundy, or Mike Leach. I was skeptical of Chip Kelly. I have wanted Gary Patterson for years. Before Pruitt was hired, I wanted Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, or David Shaw. PJ Fleck was mentioned by a few here. I was skeptical of him two years ago. But, I thought he would be much better than Dooley or Jones. He had turned around Western Michigan. But, Minnesota wasn't that good then. If Pruitt doesn't have UT competing for SEC Championships by the end of 2021, I hope Fulmer or the current AD offers PJ Fleck a 5 year 35 million dollar deal!!! Fleck knows how to turn around a program and gets the best out of his players on O. You give him an elite DC and a coaching staff full of elite SEC recruiters and UT is an ELITE SEC TEAM again!!!
I think you're a little late with the new coach thread

Reactions: CA_Vol
Honestly...if Pruitt has played anyone other than Jg I think the narrative would be totally different with him. Most fans are cautiously optimistic even considering the way we started the season because we’re seeing improvement. But if Pruitt would have had a qb competition (a legit one)...either of thenorher 2 guys would’ve outpaced jg. And with either of them we’d almost certainly be 6-3 right now. That would give us a chance at a 10 win season (with a bowl win) and our Dan base would be over the moon. He’s done a lot of good things here. Just so hard to underhand ow he is unable to recognize how bad Jg is. And yes, it’s certainly unfortunate that a former 5 star/all world recruits could be as bad as he is. But we’ve seen in now for way too long. Had Pruitt allowed kryst to compete for the job last year (he’d have beans out Jg) and last season would e looked totally different. Oh well. He’s to hoping Jg see a lot of the bench the rest of the way and choose to leave after the season

I will go on record like I have the last two years saying Pruitt will get it done at UT. UT may have a hard time keeping here after his success at UT. I didn't want Chad Morris, Scott Frost, Lane Kiffin, Willie Taggart, Mike Gundy, or Mike Leach. I was skeptical of Chip Kelly. I have wanted Gary Patterson for years. Before Pruitt was hired, I wanted Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, or David Shaw. PJ Fleck was mentioned by a few here. I was skeptical of him two years ago. But, I thought he would be much better than Dooley or Jones. He had turned around Western Michigan. But, Minnesota wasn't that good then. If Pruitt doesn't have UT competing for SEC Championships by the end of 2021, I hope Fulmer or the current AD offers PJ Fleck a 5 year 35 million dollar deal!!! Fleck knows how to turn around a program and gets the best out of his players on O. You give him an elite DC and a coaching staff full of elite SEC recruiters and UT is an ELITE SEC TEAM again!!!

I been very critical of Pruitt and still am. However as a first time head coach he still has growing pains and I believe he is going to end up making us a good coach. Development of the kids recently is evidence he can succeed. Its just going to be 3 more years imo

Geezle... .can we finish the season before we start coach shopping???? We do have a game today. GBO

Reactions: VolinMC

Looks like Minnesota has been cheated. Time ran out on the touchdown run and should've been a penalty for delay of game on Penn State.

Reactions: tnvols72
Ehhh PJ Fleck is very Butch Jonesque if we are being real. His team is in the worst P5 division in college football.

BS, Jones rode the coattail of Kelly. PJ Fleck has turned around two programs. When you start 1-11 in year one and go 13-0 in year 4 that is saying something. WMU also only lost by 8 to #6 Wisc in the bowl with FAR LESS TALENT!!! You and the morons that liked your post are CLUELESS!!!

Playing in the MAC is worlds apart from playing in the Big 10. And Butch Jones at Cincinnati never had the #4 team in the country on the ropes in the fourth quarter like Fleck does as we type.

I hope Pruitt gets it done, although his recent handling of the QB position does not inspire confidence. But we'd be fools to not hire Fleck if we end up in another coaching search. He's the closest thing to a sure thing since Meyer.

SPOT ON LifeIsDeep!!! Too bad most of this board is TOO CLUELESS to see a great thing when it slaps them in the face!!!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
BS, Jones rode the coattail of Kelly. PJ Fleck has turned around two programs. When you start 1-11 in year one and go 13-0 in year 4 that is saying something. WMU also only lost by 8 to #6 Wisc in the bowl with FAR LESS TALENT!!! You and the morons that liked your post are CLUELESS!!!

Is PJ Fleck your dad or something?

I think you're a little late with the new coach thread

Learn to read! I am happy Pruitt is at UT. I want Pruitt at UT. I think Pruitt gets it done at UT. I said, IF PRUITT HASN'T PROVED HIMSELF BY 2021, as an AD I would throw the bank at PJ Fleck!!!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I watched most of the Minnesota - Penn State game. Penn State wins the game four times out of five I think. But, the reason I am posting is that I couldn’t help but notice how many players that Fleck has on the Minnesota team from the south. I heard a Georgia kid, Louisiana kid, and a Kentucky kid.

No, but, you are proving by your immature posts and avatar that EVERYONE HERE IS YOUR DADDY!!!

Whats my avatar have to do with anything exactly? And my immature posts? I'm not the one using all caps to try and get a point across. Plus, I never said Fleck was a bad coach. I said be is like Butch Jones personality wise and he absolutely is. He's obviously better than Jones. But I still think he's vastly overrated due to lack of competition. It's as simple as that.

IF Pruitt gets it done here (and I think it a good possibility he will) there is no way he is going anywhere else...as long as Fulmer is AD. We get to a New Years 6 bowl a time or two (hell, even once!) and Fulmer will make sure we are not outbid. TN is the kind of place you can establish a dynasty at. That is what Pruitt is looking for, like his idol, Saban. I think he realizes how impossible it would be to follow Saban. So much better to build your own thing at a program with history and money..

I watched most of the Minnesota - Penn State game. Penn State wins the game four times out of five I think. But, the reason I am posting is that I couldn’t help but notice how many players that Fleck has on the Minnesota team from the south. I heard a Georgia kid, Louisiana kid, and a Kentucky kid.
Yes, but it took an Ohio kid to take LSU to where they are now....

Whats my avatar have to do with anything exactly? And my immature posts? I'm not the one using all caps to try and get a point across. Plus, I never said Fleck was a bad coach. I said be is like Butch Jones personality wise and he absolutely is. He's obviously better than Jones. But I still think he's vastly overrated due to lack of competition. It's as simple as that.
So he just beat the #4 team in the country, a team that twenty-four hours ago was on track to be in the playoff, but he's overrated? Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

VN Store

Back