PJ Fleck

VolsGrad1989

Professional BIG ORANGE OPTIMIST!!!
I will go on record like I have the last two years saying Pruitt will get it done at UT. UT may have a hard time keeping here after his success at UT. I didn't want Chad Morris, Scott Frost, Lane Kiffin, Willie Taggart, Mike Gundy, or Mike Leach. I was skeptical of Chip Kelly. I have wanted Gary Patterson for years. Before Pruitt was hired, I wanted Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, or David Shaw. PJ Fleck was mentioned by a few here. I was skeptical of him two years ago. But, I thought he would be much better than Dooley or Jones. He had turned around Western Michigan. But, Minnesota wasn't that good then. If Pruitt doesn't have UT competing for SEC Championships by the end of 2021, I hope Fulmer or the current AD offers PJ Fleck a 5 year 35 million dollar deal!!! Fleck knows how to turn around a program and gets the best out of his players on O. You give him an elite DC and a coaching staff full of elite SEC recruiters and UT is an ELITE SEC TEAM again!!!

Last edited:
We'd been much better off with Chad😄

He’s a northerner though. Big 10 for life.

Money talks! So does a coach proving he can RUN with the BIG DOGS!!! Many great coaches have fell flat on their faces in the SEC. It takes an ELITE COACH to be successful in the SEC!!! Fleck would be up to the challenge and do well!!!!

I will go on record like I have the last two years saying Pruitt will get it done at UT. UT may have a hard time keeping here after his success at UT. I didn't want Chad Morris, Scott Frost, Lane Kiffin, Willie Taggart, Mike Gundy, or Mike Leach. I was skeptical of Chip Kelly. I have wanted Gary Patterson for years. Before Pruitt was hired, I wanted Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, or David Shaw. PJ Fleck was mentioned by a few here. I was skeptical of him two years ago. But, I thought he would be much better than Dooley or Jones. He had turned around Western Michigan. But, Minnesota wasn't that good then. If Pruitt doesn't have UT competing for SEC Championships by the end of 2021, I hope Fulmer or the current AD offers PJ Fleck a 5 year 35 million dollar deal!!! Fleck knows how to turn around a program and gets the best out of his players on O. You give him an elite DC and a coaching staff full of elite SEC recruiters and UT is an ELITE SEC TEAM again!!!

Who?

Just me maybe but he reminds me of a Yankee Butch Jones. So many gimmicks. I know he is winning and looking good up there but not sure it's built to last.

No offense, but Kiffin is the only man in the OP that is a good coach, including that dork in Gainesville. We got our man and he will be here for a long time.

Reactions: Volsurance
Flavor of the day thread. 😏

If “ifs” and “buts” were candies and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas. - Don Meredith

Reactions: VolinMC
Ehhh PJ Fleck is very Butch Jonesque if we are being real. His team is in the worst P5 division in college football.

He’s 8-0 at MINNESOTA and he’s got James Franklin on the ropes. He’s earned respect.

Butch Jones never played in the NFL and never approached the level of swag of Fleck has. You’ve seen where Fleck uses rallying cries and cliches and automatically compare him to Butch. Big mistake

Ehhh PJ Fleck is very Butch Jonesque if we are being real. His team is in the worst P5 division in college football.
Except that Fleck is actually a good coach. And it’s laughable that you think the B10 West is the worst division in P5.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Just me maybe but he reminds me of a Yankee Butch Jones. So many gimmicks. I know he is winning and looking good up there but not sure it's built to last.
Playing in the MAC is worlds apart from playing in the Big 10. And Butch Jones at Cincinnati never had the #4 team in the country on the ropes in the fourth quarter like Fleck does as we type.

I hope Pruitt gets it done, although his recent handling of the QB position does not inspire confidence. But we'd be fools to not hire Fleck if we end up in another coaching search. He's the closest thing to a sure thing since Meyer.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I've heard this before, many times

He’s 8-0 at MINNESOTA and he’s got James Franklin on the ropes. He’s earned respect.

Butch Jones never played in the NFL and never approached the level of swag of Fleck has. You’ve seen where Fleck uses rallying cries and cliches and automatically compare him to Butch. Big mistake

Fleck and Jones have the same kind of cheesey ass "Swag" lol. But one of them gets his team to actually but in. That's the difference.

Reactions: Boston Vol

VN Store

Back