PFF Predicts Hooker as the Starter?

Only reason they are predicting him as the starter is because he's the only one of our QBs where there is any discernible amount of tape to gather an opinion.

I could see him potentially starting against BG, but once we score once or twice we'll see Harrison and/or Mauer...then it'll be a wheels off, to the races, competition to see who starts week two!!!

Hooker didn't exactly light it up at VT. My money is on Milton but he didn't exactly light it up at UM. Maurer likes the color of the opponent's jerseys when he gets near the end zone.
If Harbaugh couldnt make Milton a decent QB all hope is lost for him, just a bad offer by Heupel

Honestly I think he has the lowest chance, he transfered in under Pruitt. I think it's a clear Milton vs Bailey battle at this point in time.

So that's 1 vote for Hooker - PFF
1 for Milton - Phil Steele
1 for Bailey - VN

Who else has an opinion?

My least favorite part of the offseason is the onslaught of predictions, especially when I'm proven to be wrong.
The walk-on transfer from UCF

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Hooker is the type of QB that can see a gap in pass defense, plant his foot, and be 15 yds up field. There were so many opportunities in the spring game for him to bust big runs…he must have been told to stay in the pocket. Not saying he’s the starter but if he’s allowed to do his thing…he’s a real nightmare for defenses.

4 wins tops if he starts

So you have no faith that CJH can coach him up?

If CJH is as good of a QB coach as advertised, the guys with inherent escapability are going to be a better option than the others. I realize HB is the darling of many on here and has been since his recruitment and i assume that colors their thinking and statements. However, i feel confident that CJH will not make the same apparent mistakes as the last staff. So, regardless of which QB is annointed day 1 starter, i expect the team to score points.

And honestly i dont have a favorite..i just want whomever is coachable and the rest will fall into place

Reactions: 007Racer
They had to pick someone for the article and went with the most experienced. No big shock. New coach, new offense, new QB. We'll know in a month or so.

Hooker is the type of QB that can see a gap in pass defense, plant his foot, and be 15 yds up field. There were so many opportunities in the spring game for him to bust big runs…he must have been told to stay in the pocket. Not saying he’s the starter but if he’s allowed to do his thing…he’s a real nightmare for defenses.

He had some nice soft touches there.

Boy that Miami defense was awful.

Definitely an upgrade from JG….. but not that impressive

Reactions: vols 30

VN Store

Back