PFF Predicts Hooker as the Starter?

VolForLife83

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
Only reason they are predicting him as the starter is because he's the only one of our QBs where there is any discernible amount of tape to gather an opinion.

I could see him potentially starting against BG, but once we score once or twice we'll see Harrison and/or Mauer...then it'll be a wheels off, to the races, competition to see who starts week two!!!

DERELICK_MY_VOLS

WARNING : READER AGGRESSION IS ADVISED
Hooker is the type of QB that can see a gap in pass defense, plant his foot, and be 15 yds up field. There were so many opportunities in the spring game for him to bust big runs…he must have been told to stay in the pocket. Not saying he’s the starter but if he’s allowed to do his thing…he’s a real nightmare for defenses.

GetYouSomeofThat

4 wins tops if he starts

So you have no faith that CJH can coach him up?

If CJH is as good of a QB coach as advertised, the guys with inherent escapability are going to be a better option than the others. I realize HB is the darling of many on here and has been since his recruitment and i assume that colors their thinking and statements. However, i feel confident that CJH will not make the same apparent mistakes as the last staff. So, regardless of which QB is annointed day 1 starter, i expect the team to score points.

And honestly i dont have a favorite..i just want whomever is coachable and the rest will fall into place

HuntlandVolinColo

Rocky Top High Colorado
Hooker is the type of QB that can see a gap in pass defense, plant his foot, and be 15 yds up field. There were so many opportunities in the spring game for him to bust big runs…he must have been told to stay in the pocket. Not saying he’s the starter but if he’s allowed to do his thing…he’s a real nightmare for defenses.

He had some nice soft touches there.

Boy that Miami defense was awful.

Carl Pickens

Definitely an upgrade from JG….. but not that impressive

VN Store