Perhaps 3 reasons whether Bailey…

I get your point, but I don't think Bailey ends up a 5* bust in college football.
I hope not, but he also got his 5* late for a reason. I like the kid and hope he plays well when given the chance but I go back to last year not being able to beat out JG regardless of what opinions are of Pruitt. Chaney wasn't high on him and it seems JH sees what everyone else has.

Milton is very confident and has no intention of playing three years here. Someone interviewed him and noted that he had a degree from Michigan and asked what grad school at UT was like. His response was that he wasn't really in grad school, but that he was taking some business class to help him understand language that might be used in NFL contracts. I believe that he thinks he's here for 1 year. 2 years would be a setback for him. Unless things go really wrong, Milton will declare for the draft after this year, imo.
Self delusion is a thing.

If Milton doesn't play well enough to head to the draft after the season, then I have a sneaky suspicion that he won't be won't starting by the end of the year. Either he shows enough to get himself drafted or he plays his way out of the starting role. Either way, I find it unlikely he is still on the team come February.
Maybe he will transfer to Washington St.

Reactions: volmoon
Bailey can’t run, and he has the power of a toddler pushing a beachball into a windstorm.

Give me the guy who throws it 30 yards ahead of the one who can't run. Milton dials it in to 70% strength we got a QB, 100% Bailey speed and it's 3rd and long.

Re: Bailey I’ve already made this same point in two other threads. He’s not mobile enough to run for his life behind our porous, makeshift OL. Pruitt ruined Maurer now Bailey fans want to see Heupel do same to him. SMH.

Why do you think Heupel turned to the transfer portal to pick up two mobile mature QBs? Bc Maurer became a head case and Bailey wasn’t and isn’t ready to get thrown to the lions behind a patchwork OL.

You want to ruin the kid? Keep pushing for him to get playing time this year. He’s an insurance policy only atp. Next year is an entirely different animal.

I understand your perspective but don’t see us having that much of a better OL next year. Maybe we can pick up a couple of experienced OL in the transfer portal for next year.

Reactions: VOLnBama01
If you have coaches who put players on the field or hold them off the field because of fear you are a pathetic coach.
Fear? It’s mismatched skills dude. A pocket passing QB will be fresh meat behind our OL this year in SEC play

I was surprised to hear how negative Ainge was on Bailey today. He had an almost angry tone when addressing callers about Bailey, and at one point he went out of his way to say that he had opinions of Bailey’s family that he wouldn’t get into. I thought it odd.
Well, that's certainly interesting. Wonder what that's all about?

I understand your perspective but don’t see us having that much of a better OL next year. Maybe we can pick up a couple of experienced OL in the transfer portal for next year.

We can pretty much bet that OL will be a major priority of Heupel’s next year

volmoon,I believe that you may have a good point about Harrison. As for Woke with you commenting about Harrison not being mobile enough,Heupel said that he could accommidate any style qb to his system.Coach seems to tailor his offense to his personnel at hand.With that in mind,I think Harrison could thrive in this offense.He has long ball and short pass ability, and, from last year,he processes quickly.

Reactions: SockeyeVol
Fear? It’s mismatched skills dude. A pocket passing QB will be fresh meat behind our OL this year in SEC play
Have you seen some of the holes that Oline has created for running? You get a QB in the game that can throw down the field and you instantly force the defense to defend the pass. When your QB is not a threat to pass defenses stack the box just like Pitt did.

plays this weekend or not. If it is the first reason, we‘re doomed. 😊
  1. The game is closer than it should be.
  2. Bailey isn‘t going to play at Tennessee this season and maybe never again. If he doesn’t play for any reason other than the following reason, look for one more QB in the portal. However, I’m becoming very suspicious that if he doesn’t play, the reason may be #3.
  3. Bailey is the future, and they want Bailey to have time to develop more. If so, Bailey may have been told (at the outset of the season) that he may only play if injuries require it. Further rationale… The other two QBs are journeyed seniors. At this point (and perhaps previously known by staff) both appear unlikely to be the QB of the future. Most expectations for the 2021 Vols are 5-7 or 6-6. Why risk the 19-year-old’s future while implementing a new offense when year-one expectations are low? As we know, he didn’t have Spring 2020. He played C+ to B+ in four games later that season. And then came a whole new offensive system.
That’s my wild wondering QB thought for this week.
What do you think?
Flame away. 👊🏼
Have you noticed the difference between Milton and Hooker as related to the play clock? When Milton is in there’s about 30 seconds left on the play clock. When Hooker is in there’s about 15 seconds left on the play clock. So Hooker clearly give the defense more time to get ready. Who knows what kind of time is left in scrimmages when Bailey has been in. Maybe HB isn’t as efficient as he should be.
Nobody on here has even noticed that UGA started a walk on over both of the 4/5 star last week. I’m pulling for HB but I’ve no idea why he’s not getting more reps. I’m just trusting the coaching staff to put us in the best situations to win, grow and be better long term.
I know all the negaVols will jump on me and tell me that Bailey is clearly the second coming of Peyton based on last year and the spring game. I’ve been hearing it for a week and half now. I personally dgaf what the negaVol armchair qbs and coaches think. I’ll continue to trust the coaches until they’ve given me enough reason not to and two games isn’t enough reason.

Occam’s Razor applies. He hasn’t earned the opportunity to play yet. Milton would be the QB of now and until one of Heupel’s recruits was ready if his practice carried over to games

The answer is he’s not as mobile / a dual threat quarterback as the other two

You can make an argument he makes up for it with his throwing accuracy but…
Idk how many times Heupal has to say it. His system doesn't require a mobile QB. He's said it several times yet, several people on here refuse to believe him. Also I can't remember the game but Bailey proved to be a lot more mobile than some of you thought last year.

Have you noticed the difference between Milton and Hooker as related to the play clock? When Milton is in there’s about 30 seconds left on the play clock. When Hooker is in there’s about 15 seconds left on the play clock. So Hooker clearly give the defense more time to get ready. Who knows what kind of time is left in scrimmages when Bailey has been in. Maybe HB isn’t as efficient as he should be.
Nobody on here has even noticed that UGA started a walk on over both of the 4/5 star last week. I’m pulling for HB but I’ve no idea why he’s not getting more reps. I’m just trusting the coaching staff to put us in the best situations to win, grow and be better long term.
I know all the negaVols will jump on me and tell me that Bailey is clearly the second coming of Peyton based on last year and the spring game. I’ve been hearing it for a week and half now. I personally dgaf what the negaVol armchair qbs and coaches think. I’ll continue to trust the coaches until they’ve given me enough reason not to and two games isn’t enough reason.
Milton has gotten the starters reps for about a month now. Not surprising they’d need to slow down for either of the others. If Hooker or HB are getting 80% of the reps this week then they’ll run it faster on Saturday

plays this weekend or not. If it is the first reason, we‘re doomed. 😊
  1. The game is closer than it should be.
  2. Bailey isn‘t going to play at Tennessee this season and maybe never again. If he doesn’t play for any reason other than the following reason, look for one more QB in the portal. However, I’m becoming very suspicious that if he doesn’t play, the reason may be #3.
  3. Bailey is the future, and they want Bailey to have time to develop more. If so, Bailey may have been told (at the outset of the season) that he may only play if injuries require it. Further rationale… The other two QBs are journeyed seniors. At this point (and perhaps previously known by staff) both appear unlikely to be the QB of the future. Most expectations for the 2021 Vols are 5-7 or 6-6. Why risk the 19-year-old’s future while implementing a new offense when year-one expectations are low? As we know, he didn’t have Spring 2020. He played C+ to B+ in four games later that season. And then came a whole new offensive system.
That’s my wild wondering QB thought for this week.
What do you think?
Flame away. 👊🏼
I’ve wondered in my brain if #3 is the case. Throw him in unprepared and you can create a head case like JG, Worley, Peterman, etc. Give him time to develop confidence and leadership, and you may have a new sheriff in town..

Idk how many times Heupal has to say it. His system doesn't require a mobile QB. He's said it several times yet, several people on here refuse to believe him. Also I can't remember the game but Bailey proved to be a lot more mobile than some of you thought last year.
I didn’t say his system requires it I’m thinking the reason Bailey isn’t playing above the others is because he’s not as mobile as the others. Not sure I agree with that tho especially when Milton snaps and just stands there

Reactions: GameTime
I’m no Negavol but I have little to no confidence in Milton. I just believe a P5 quarterback should regularly complete the necessary throws, especially wide open touchdowns.

I’ve wondered in my brain if #3 is the case. Throw him in unprepared and you can create a head case like JG, Worley, Peterman, etc. Give him time to develop confidence and leadership, and you may have a new sheriff in town..
I think he has the arm, eye and aptitude. I’m not sure he’s the vocal leader he needs to be yet.

Reactions: zjfk2 and kptvol1
In one of the great mysteries of player development, the more series that Harrison Barnes does NOT play in, his skills and abilities grow exponentially! It's amazing.

I think he has the arm, eye and aptitude. I’m not sure he’s the vocal leader he needs to be yet.

His arm is flat not on par w Milton, and not even Hooker. Doesn't mean he's not the best QB, but a cannon nobody ever said he had.

If Bailey is healthy he will play this weekend. Same can be said for just about every scholarship player on our roster.

VN Store

Back