People Who Blame Coaching

Actuall this group of seniors was a top recruiting clas so was the juniors. Some of the best out of high school. But, fulmer screwed them up.

I agree about players are the ones playing the game, and they have to make plays. However, its up to the coaching staff to put the players in the best position to make plays. Case and point...when Tebow went for the jump pass. How many times have seen that play when defenses our packed across the goal line? As for as Crompton goes, I think the kid has made some poor choices, but he has really regressed in my opinion. Plus, I don't think he is buying in to the system. Heck, I don't believe in the new offensive system. Overall, I think Tennessee is still talent. What I see is lack of detail by the staff....poor fundamentals and preparation.

People say its the coaches fault.Well you could take the best coach in the world and they couldnt help non sports players do good.

A coach can also call the best calls its not their fault the player messed up.

I guess like today Fulmer made crompton fumble.

The fumble was a lack of execution, execution goes back to practicing the plays, which goes back to the coaches teaching the players how to run the play properly.

People who don't blame coaching are delusional.

Sure we don't have talent as good as UF or LSU, but that shouldn't mean we get routed.

People say its the coaches fault.Well you could take the best coach in the world and they couldnt help non sports players do good.

Get out of here with this crap. It is all coaching man. To say it isn't the coaching is just idiotic.

It was obvious today that poor coaching has plagued this year's team. How many times has a team had more Total Yards of Offense and gotten drilled like today? It's really simple. Take away the boneheaded penalties, poor special team play, and unforced (retarded) turnovers, and we are right in the thick of that game. And that's a credit to the players talent and determination. The three areas that killed us today (ones above) are historically attributed to coaching. There was absolutely no reason any of those punt/kickoffs should've been returned to the house today. Despite solid positioning, our guys were missing tackles left and right. Without a doubt a product of coaching. Your playmakers on offense have to know how to protect the ball and not force stupid throws into double coverage. Once again that could be considered coaching. And we all know that TN has been a penalty plagued team for years, which is because of coaching! Let's get Fulmer out of here so we can start winning some big games.

Without reading any other post in this thread... the buck stops with CPF. He recruited the players, he hires the coaches. Why not blame him?

Last edited:
because choaches dont call all the right plays
we run the same stupit, predictable i formation in the red zone, and when it doesnt work the first 2 times, why the hell do you waste your third try on it?

Let me call Tom Osborne and ask him why the hell he ran such a predictable I-formation offense all those years.

I thought Osbourne ran the Wish Bone?

The wishbone is an offensive formation, Wish Bone is a salad dressing.

And it was Oklahoma that ran the wishbone most of the time, at least until they went into hibernation in the early 1990s.

:lolabove: You must be smoking crack if you think today wasn't ALL ABOUT Fulmer! :blink: WHO recruited and fielded those 2nd rate players? Who called such REDICULOUS plays? Who refuses to let his QB make last minute changes and audibles?

FIRE FULMER (AND his entire staff of "Fulmers Follies") and lets get on the road with a NEW, more modern age on the hill. Majors style ball does NOT work anymore. An aerial game will DECIMATE us every time!!!

:cray:
RA

If its all the coaches then guess we dont need players.The best coach can take the best players,and teach them all right things.Call the best plays,and still a player can fumble,or make a bad play.

:lolabove: You must be smoking crack if you think today wasn't ALL ABOUT Fulmer! :blink: WHO recruited and fielded those 2nd rate players? Who called such REDICULOUS plays? Who refuses to let his QB make last minute changes and audibles?

FIRE FULMER (AND his entire staff of "Fulmers Follies") and lets get on the road with a NEW, more modern age on the hill. Majors style ball does NOT work anymore. An aerial game will DECIMATE us every time!!!

:cray:
RA

I'll point out that Florida wins with an offense that was ripped right from the 1930s, and that doesn't seem to be an impediment.

I haven't looked at the other pages of this thread, but I will make this observation. Today seemed like the first game I can ever remember where Fulmer was visibly unable to control his emotions during the game. The only time you see this from a coach, save Spurrier, is when they know their ass is on the line and they have lost it.

I wasn't for giving that fatass an extension. We've been watching 8 years of adequacy. Every other team strives for greatness while Tenn just seems to try and play to their opponent every Saturday and hope to pull it out in the end. It's been that was ever since the 2001 SEC Championship game, and it is not changing. Now we are stuck with him even longer because they are on the hook for so much money.

He is the Tommy Bowden of the SEC.

if the coaches shouldn't be blamed, then why do they get the credit of the 98 Championship? Fulmer has been living off of that ring for 10 years now. Why does he get credit for that?

I didnt give him credit for that.

I give it to the players who faught and played hard all year.

I have never played a down in my life but if you put this on a player you are a moron.

Too many penalties and signs that this team is out of control. When the bad is bad it is really bad.

My guess is that Tennessee beats Auburn next week, but it doesn't mean a change in HC is not needed. I hate it for Clawson that he chose to join this mess. I say replace Fulmer, bring in someone like a Jim Grobe and turn things over to him. Heck, Bobby Johnson has done more with less at Vandy than Fulmer this year. He would be a good choice.

VN Store

Back