People need to understand that if Maurer was the better QB then our coaches would start him

Sometimes........just sometimes talent doesn’t win the day.

I get what you are saying, and I’m kind of ok with it for now; however sometimes if your talent isn’t working you got to give less talent a chance. Maybe less talent simply gets it done because they had more will power, or more of a motor.........or maybe they flop.

Again I’m ok for now (as the season is going to be a bad wash) but if the talent keeps losing or keeps regressing then a change is needed, even if you have to put in “mr. less talented.”

This idea that coaches dont play the player that gives them the best chance to win is as ludicrous as that guys story about Ryan Johnson.

This is not a defense of CJP, but only Butch would be stupid enough to do that.

You act like coaches don't pull this kind of sh*t ALL THE TIME.

They do.

Maybe JG is the best. Maybe not. Pruitt not playing the backup is not proof positive of that however

This idea that coaches dont play the player that gives them the best chance to win is as ludicrous as that guys story about Ryan Johnson.

I agree with you. However, while still retaining some youth, I'm old enough to know....some people develop much quicker than others. My guess, simply a guess..the reason JG is better is due to others not knowing schemes/plays, not that JG is necessarily better at his craft. Again, I don't know, just trying to make sense of all this, and that makes sense to me.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
This staff couldn't figure out who the best 5 offensive linemen were after spring and fall camps. They area still swapping players between offense and defense in the second week of the season.

What makes you so sure that they know what they are doing when they are evaluating QBs?

Team really needs a spark. I’d make a change, but what do I know. I’ll just say this, if josh Dobbs was the QB Tennessee would be undefeated to this point. Just an example that Tennessee needs a playmaker under center! JGs had plenty of chances.

How are you so confident in our coaching staffs ability to nake decisions that will lead to wins?

The world is imperfect and coaches don't always correctly identify who the best player is, Aight.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

How can they fairly evaluate them in a practice where they don't throw into coverage? It's painfully obvious in a game that JG can NOT do that. How do they know one of the other guys aren't better in game when they don't get a chance? We might win Saturday, might, and I assure you that's it for the year if JG continues to be our quarterback.

He may not look better in practice, but we don't know how he'll look when it counts. Won't hurt to find out at this point.

That's it, just because JG looks good at practice he is starter and I've saw 2 yrs of same HE FREEZES UNDER THE LIGHTS ON SATURDAY I agree it wouldn't hurt
to take a look at someone else...……………..

VN Store

Back