Pearl and Open Jobs, etc

The last thing Haystacks is going to do right now is start claiming he's underpaid. He remembers how that worked out for the man he replaced.

The last thing Haystacks is going to do right now is start claiming he's underpaid. He remembers how that worked out for the man he replaced.

Replaced by a younger coach.... might open up the door for someone else. That would be right up your alley wouldn't hat?

Well it sounds like I would be. I don't actually no the sentiment down there, but I assumed people would care. I'm sure MH cares.
Everyone here cares, but we're self selected UT sports nuts. Even on here, we get a lot of qualifiers from people saying that they don't know jack about basketball and even more posts that prove we don't know jack about it.

You'd be suprised how many people could care less.

Actually, I would be.. And could I "care less" if Operation Haystack continues to fail. His latest stradegy, "workin' like heck"...didn't turn out too well last season. I can't wait to hear his newest one..

How hard is this to get? Schools will offer him more money, and UT will simply offer more. No school has more money to offer Bruce Pearl than Tennessee can. Period.

I think Texas could pay more than UT, but they aren't looking for a HC.

Loosen up the purse strings and pay Pearl what he is worth, you Orange penny pinchers. Before someone else does!

This coming fromn someone who roots for a school that buys players and overpays coaches.

Pearl is going nowhere and he is not getting a big payraise. he signed a contract extension last year that has built in pay raises plus bonuses. UT is not stupid enough to pay any coach 4 million

This coming fromn someone who roots for a school that buys players and overpays coaches.

Pearl is going nowhere and he is not getting a big payraise. he signed a contract extension last year that has built in pay raises plus bonuses. UT is not stupid enough to pay any coach 4 million

I agree. Has anybody ever thought of the fact that Bruce Pearl loves being here. The facility, the fans, the challenges and the fact that he is the best fit in that we have ever had as a coach. Exception Neyland, of course. He belongs here and we know and so does he. He will not waste anytime searching for a more perfect or in Search of Excellence because he is creating it here. This may wear in 5 to 10 years but I do not think so. He will be a revered coach at UT for sometime to come.

Don't forget Mike Hamilton is doing an excellent job and has a very good handle on the Athletic Program at UT

VN Store

Back