Pearl and Open Jobs, etc

Let me slap you back into REAL reality - name ONE school, JUST ONE, that can out-offer Tennessee?
Michigan out of pure desperation. I don't think they will with Pearl's past in their neck o' the woods, but they certainly could and then we'll take Tubby and AR can have Rick Insell.

Let me slap you back into REAL reality - name ONE school, JUST ONE, that can out-offer Tennessee?

IMO lots of schools would offer Pearl more money then what he is making now at UT to be their HC. That doesn't mean UT won't offer him more to stay. But to say money isn't in the equation....

If Pearl left, who would pipe money into the Dane Bradshaw scholarship?

IMO lots of schools would offer Pearl more money then what he is making now at UT to be their HC. That doesn't mean UT won't offer him more to stay. But to say money isn't in the equation....

How hard is this to get? Schools will offer him more money, and UT will simply offer more. No school has more money to offer Bruce Pearl than Tennessee can. Period.

How hard is this to get? Schools will offer him more money, and UT will simply offer more. No school has more money to offer Bruce Pearl than Tennessee can. Period.

The politics of coaching pay does not work like that in Knoxville. If he got too much, Summitt and CPF would be clamouring for more scratch.

The politics of coaching pay does not work like that in Knoxville. If he got too much, Summitt and CPF would be clamouring for more scratch.

And our donors would tell them to shut the hell up, in much more graphic words. :)

Forgive us ole mighty omniscent one.

How do you know he won't simply take the offer and leave UT? He's under no obligation to wait for UT to counter offer to match. Especially if its for a substantial increase in salary.

This is all speculation, but if someone offers him 750K more a year to coach their program, what obligation does he have to wait for UT to counteroff him to stay?

Their feelings should have nothing to do with what Pearl makes. Unfortunately, I believe their feelings will have an influence...

Forgive us ole mighty omniscent one.

How do you know he won't simply take the offer and leave UT? He's under no obligation to wait for UT to counter offer to match. Especially if its for a substantial increase in salary.

This is all speculation, but if someone offers him 750K more a year to coach their program, what obligation does he have to wait for UT to counteroff him to stay?

Two replies:

1. How long do you think it would take UT to counter offer? I say - 5 hours.

2. Do you think marketing genius Bruce Pearl is going to instantly take a huge offer without seeing what the market does for him?

Kentucky's identity is based on basketball. Desperate times call for desperate measures. See Alabama football...

Never underestimate how much influence and cash Kentucky would spend to salvage their identity.

Never underestimate how much we would do to prevent falling off the map in basketball again.

Well it sounds like I would be. I don't actually no the sentiment down there, but I assumed people would care. I'm sure MH cares.

VN Store

Back