PAC-12 cancels football in Fall 2020.

Indiana offensive lineman was hospitalized with myocarditis. It can happen. Frequently? No, but it can happen.

Heart issue linked to virus drives Power 5 concern

A rare heart condition that could be linked with the coronavirus is fueling concern among Power 5 conference administrators about the viability of college sports this fall.
Myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle, has been found in at least five Big Ten Conference athletes and among several other athletes in other conferences, according to two sources with knowledge of athletes' medical care.

Depends how you look at it. The Pac12 had a ton of players that were refusing to play. Recruits could also stay away from conferences and universities that will willingly put them in danger for the entertainment of people at home. That's a two-way street.

If the SEC or any other conference plays this fall, a player can sit out and not lose their scholarship if they choose, so it is really a one-way street.

If the SEC or any other conference plays this fall, a player can sit out and not lose their scholarship if they choose, so it is really a one-way street.

This point is really getting overlooked. No one is FORCING a player to take a risk they aren't willing to take. The Big 10 and PAC 12 are FORCING players to go home into riskier situations than staying with their teams.

Depends how you look at it. The Pac12 had a ton of players that were refusing to play. Recruits could also stay away from conferences and universities that will willingly put them in danger for the entertainment of people at home. That's a two-way street.
I don’t think that’s an accurate statement. Aren’t they allowed to opt out and stay on scholarship?

Sure they can opt out....But the huge majority won't because most wouldn't want to abandon their teammates.

Indiana offensive lineman was hospitalized with myocarditis. It can happen. Frequently? No, but it can happen.
I have it. Heart rate started going bonkers 17 days after my infection. Seems to be calming down now. I’m 4 weeks out from initial onset of symptoms. It scared the heck out of me. Thought I was having a heart attack.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
I have it. Heart rate started going bonkers 17 days after my infection. Seems to be calming down now. I’m 4 weeks out from initial onset of symptoms. It scared the heck out of me. Thought I was having a heart attack.
Take care of yourself and I hope the worse is over for you.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
We all know real football is played East of Mississippi. Just look at the last 15 years and see what conference has produced the national champs in that time span!!!!

As far as I know, our players can sit out with zero consequences as well, so how are they being put in danger? For Christ sake. The game itself is more dangerous to players than Covid.

Some of y'all are wildly dancing around the fact the vast majority of players want to play.

So let’s say that the SEC, Big12 and ACC all
Play and start in September, does this mean that players form the Big10 and Pac12 can transfer to one of these 3 conference and be eligible immediately since the hardship waiver would be the school they currently play for isn’t playing anymore?

I will miss the PAC12 inept ref'ing.
What a farce it was.
Plus, we can't send a couple of SEC refs there now...

AND AGAIN they are SAFER while adhering to the protocols that would be enforced by the universities medical team.

If you cared about the players then you would realize that fact, as many of the players have stated.

Poppycock.

It is a given that if the kids play, they'll catch Covid. Again, they're people, not your puppets.

VN Store

Back