Overreaction

tumblr_pp20s6nzyy1vxvkg1o4_500.gifv

See, I told you that people were pinning too much on this game. I knew we were going to get taken to the woodshed.
Honestly this game could’ve been close. We left a lot on the field bc of penalties, lack of execution, and lack of effort. Doesn’t take much in this conference for things to snowball and get taken to the woodshed as you say.

I'd just like to know how many 5 star offensive linemen and top10 recruiting classes he needs so we are feared instead of embarrassed. And if you're not embarrassed by his teams display in the second half then you don't know much about football. Negative yardage in the second half. His words were we would be feared again. I don't care if Missouri fears us. Georgia, Florida and Alabama I care about fearing us. SMDH

I posted elsewhere- we got beat by a fifth string not year qb.
Our offense got beat up and down so badly it was painful to watch. A fifth string QB was on the team that beat us, but the unit that beat us and crushed our souls was their defense not their offense. Out defense kept him in check for most of the game until their gas tank was completely empty. This loss is on our O and coaches almost exclusively.

Reactions: theFallGuy
Yeah I get it.

To quantify all the overreactions though, this one is up there.

JP has done nothing but win for about a year straight. First set back in a dang year. We have won every game for a year and recruited our faces off.
But you eventually have to be able to win a game against the big three. I like Pruitt, but he doesn’t have forever. I am sorry, but we aren’t even competitive against any of our three biggest rivals. This cannot continue indefinitely.

I disagree about the other qb. Maurer showed enough last year in his first start, that he had the potential to be a very good qb, and then got hurt, and was not the same after that, and Strout played a very good fist half of a game, can't remember who it was against. Sure they will make freshman mistakes, but so is jg, why not go with the younger one who has a much higher ceiling than jg.

Reactions: lifeVol
I agree with you. 3 straight years, losses to Georgia by more than 2 touchdown margins allowing them to score more than 40 points all 3 years. We are not gaining on anybody, we're beating who we should have all along but we're not closing the gap with UGA & Bama.
but........... 8 straight wins meant we're back, and we're wonderful!!

I'm not sure the reason people are upset is because we lost to Georgia.

I don’t think most are upset that Tennessee lost to Georgia.....I seriously don’t think many people understand.

We’re upset at “how” Tennessee lost to Georgia.

We’re upset at all the excuses......just like this one......”we shouldn’t be upset...it’s Georgia.”

Miss can hang with Bama into the 4th. Miss is playing well.......but for some reason Tennessee fans “CAN’T” expect the same?

I get it Mississippi is way farther along than Tennessee. Mississippi has way more talent.

A&M can do it
K-ST can do it
Teams do it every year

But for some reason Tennessee fans aren’t allowed to think....they can? We should simply ACCEPT “we’re not good enough” year in and year out.

Tennessee had a huge lack of discipline. They made a ton of huge mistakes. THIS is why some are upset.

Some of us EXPECT Tennessee to come out and play a complete game, and not have a bunch of mistakes.......at some point.......it’s been long enough.

I think most are upset because we call draw plays with 8 in the box blitzing, no adjustments from coaches, best OL since 98 gets destroyed, QB can't compete but continues to play, ...

Reactions: JoAllan
But you eventually have to be able to win a game against the big three. I like Pruitt, but he doesn’t have forever. I am sorry, but we aren’t even competitive against any of our three biggest rivals. This cannot continue indefinitely.
I'd say the last two games we have played our biggest rivals we have been competitive enough to go down to the wire, but we have had ridiculous turnovers do us in.

We hung in there for the most part against Georgia despite the mistakes.

Their defense i think was just a bit better than we thought. Offensive line maybe lacks the speed to compete against guys like that.

But watching Florida and Bammer, I dont think we will have as many issues. Their defense is nothing compared to UGA's and our defense is decent enough where we will probably see much better games against those teams.

Hoping this game is a bit of a reality check for our offensive line.

Reactions: theFallGuy
I think most are upset because we call draw plays with 8 in the box blitzing, no adjustments from coaches, best OL since 98 gets destroyed, QB can't compete but continues to play, ...

Exactly

Same old mistakes
Same old crap

Some teams do it......but Tennessee can’t?

The offense play calling is quite suspect that's for sure. Might also be a reflection of the distrust in JG in certain situations.

It would really help if JG could run.

Georgia is probably the best team in the SEC. We have a full season ahead of us, let it play out before jumping to conclusions.

Honestly this game could’ve been close. We left a lot on the field bc of penalties, lack of execution, and lack of effort. Doesn’t take much in this conference for things to snowball and get taken to the woodshed as you say.
Exactly. And when UT couldn't enforce their will on UGA's defense, AT ANY POINT, they panicked, and made mistakes. Conversely, UGA stuck to their guns, and wore UT's soft defense down to a nub, and won, going away, in the end.
UT's defense is not good.

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back