Overreaction

Calling for Pruitts head is silly, just like calling for Fulmer head is silly. Between them they are hauling in $130k per week. Neither is going ANYWHERE.

JG is your starter next year, too. 52 paychecks for the dynamic duo between now and then. We are now, and will likely be for a long while, a mediocre SEC program. It’s where we are. Enjoy the wins over lesser programs and getting our butts whupped by administrations that demand excellence, and by the trash program at uga.

It is what it is.

Yeah I get it.

To quantify all the overreactions though, this one is up there.

JP has done nothing but win for about a year straight. First set back in a dang year. We have won every game for a year and recruited our faces off.
I know. I agree.

I like our trajectory. It’s a healthy climb. I have no doubt CJP will make staff Andrew player changes to continue our ascent.

I saw a team that in the first half wanted it more. The issue was that we could not run the ball any in GA. This made us 1 dimensional and made a good defense even better. GA made the decision that they were gonna blitz and make JG make quick decisions. This has been his Achilles his entire career. I am not sure why our offense never has any designed QB rollouts to move the pocket. Maybe it is JG just can’t do that. Maybe it’s coaching or a little of both. It really seemed though that once GA got to JG at the beginning of the 2 nd half that our play calling changed.

I saw a team that in the first half wanted it more. The issue was that we could not run the ball any in GA. This made us 1 dimensional and made a good defense even better. GA made the decision that they were gonna blitz and make JG make quick decisions. This has been his Achilles his entire career. I am not sure why our offense never has any designed QB rollouts to move the pocket. Maybe it is JG just can’t do that. Maybe it’s coaching or a little of both. It really seemed though that once GA got to JG at the beginning of the 2 nd half that our play calling changed.
Yeah I am thinking GA is just the worst possible match up for us on our schedule. We won't struggle that much against anybody else.

I do think demands for coach and administrative firing is an overreaction. However, the majority of VN's reaction to how we played in the 2nd half is completely warranted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raebo and joevol33
I don't think any reasonable person is calling for a firing but the fanbase has a right to be beyond pissed. No universe should this of been a blowout after that first half

Reactions: chuckb1448
I posted elsewhere- we got beat by a fifth string not year qb.
The real issue here is we were going to lose, we don't have the horses, the o line isn't the best unit in the country like many of you built it up to be. It's good but far from elite. The offense broke down due to relentless pressure.

Have these people calling for Pruitt and the administrations head over this, created the biggest overreaction ever or the most ridiculous overreaction ever?
See, I told you that people were pinning too much on this game. I knew we were going to get taken to the woodshed.

i think people who think we simply need more time.....or think.....we’ll Georgia is really good.....or simply keep making excuses, are over reacting.

I agree with you. 3 straight years, losses to Georgia by more than 2 touchdown margins allowing them to score more than 40 points all 3 years. We are not gaining on anybody, we're beating who we should have all along but we're not closing the gap with UGA & Bama.

VN Store

Back