Out of Conference Schedule Released

I understand, but the original point I was making is that Cal loves neutral site games, and this game is still not a true Gonzaga home game. Plus, I think UL is the only one that UK does home and home with. Pretty sure that he ended the Indiana series. But we all know UK fans travel well.
That's fine. I was just speaking to the idea (not necessarily yours) that UK/Cal somehow fleeced the Zags out of a home game in the dark of night. My opinion on that and your opinion that Cal loves neutral site games, while centered on the same topic, are mutually exclusive.

Honestly Tennessee until this year has been pretty good about scheduling home and homes under Barnes. Unc, Cincy, wisconsin (not sure if that ever got finished though), Colorado, Arizona, Georgia tech and wake forest all come to mind recently. That’s the big reason why I think/hope this year is an outlier but we will see.
2021-2022: Arizona
2020-2021: Colorado, Cincinnati, Kansas
2019-2020: Memphis, Wisconsin
2018-2019: Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, WVU
2017-2018: North Carolina
2016-2017: Georgia Tech, Kansas State

While we’ve played some P5 teams in the past they typically weren’t very good, kind of like what @TheMookieMonster was saying, playing a bad P5 team being more entertaining/preferable. Of the 12 teams in 6 years I believe only 4 were NCAAT teams if my math is correct.

Gotta pay for nil somehow
Hard to tell if that statement is made from a position of agreement or disagreement with my post. In either case, I’m not sure how having a crappy OOC home schedule helps NIL. The two ideas seem mostly unrelated, but if I was forced to draw a correlation, I would venture to guess that continuing to enhance fan interest in the product and attracting as much attention and viewership as possible would be the goal if that is somehow believed to increase available NIL dollars.

Reactions: walkenvol
Hard to tell if that statement is made from a position of agreement or disagreement with my post. In either case, I’m not sure how having a crappy OOC home schedule helps NIL. The two ideas seem mostly unrelated, but if I was forced to draw a correlation, I would venture to guess that continuing to enhance fan interest in the product and attracting as much attention and viewership as possible would be the goal if that is somehow believed to increase available NIL dollars.

I guess the long view could be to pile up enough wins to keep getting the NCAAT bids. But it doesn’t help with the seedlings. There sure won’t be a revenue windfall in ticket sales scheduling that garbage.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back