Our Recruiting Surge

Point is I don't think anybody would be upset if we got Brown. I know most people (including me) would be thrilled. So let's welcome the guy.

Any ideas who our next commit could be???

why are we the logical choice for nunes?

The schools on his list are:

Arizona State: strong possibility
BYU: Mid major football over the SEC
UF: Already have about 10 Parade AA QB's
Nebraska: New coach
Oklahoma: Sam Bradford is Sophomore
Stanford: He likes academics but you can't pass up big programs.
Tennessee: No proven QB behind Crompton
Harvard: Has a top QB ever signed with Harvard

If you were a recruit(not a UT fan) who would you pick giving careful consideration to academics, depth chart, etc.?

If you were a recruit(not a UT fan) who would you pick giving careful consideration to academics, depth chart, etc.?

TBH, I'd pick Standford. Smart kid, major college football and the chance to get a degree from there might be hard to pass up. Even more logical since he has Harvard on there

You did mean Arizona St right? No way he goes to Arizona.

That sounds reasonable but if you are getting on a plane anyway... ASU and UT would have to be pretty close.

I will say that ASU's campus is the prettiest one I've been on.

You did mean Arizona St right? No way he goes to Arizona.

That sounds reasonable but if you are getting on a plane anyway... ASU and UT would have to be pretty close.

I will say that ASU's campus is the prettiest one I've been on.

I'm sure he meant ASU. And their campus is pretty? Sorry, the only thing pretty there are the coeds. That's the only thing that might give them a small lead over UT.

That's odd utvolpj. I was very impressed. Spent 10 days in a hotel right across the street and had a little time to walk around. It is also kind of unique in that it has a college town feel but Phoenix is right there.

That's odd utvolpj. I was very impressed. Spent 10 days in a hotel right across the street and had a little time to walk around. It is also kind of unique in that it has a college town feel but Phoenix is right there.

Tempe definitely has that feel but I just never liked the campus. Maybe I lived too close for so long (could walk there from my condo). I enjoy greenery so maybe I'm biased but IMO I would not place it ahead of UT.

Now, there are parts of AZ that rival anything back east

Don't get me wrong, but it seems like during this surge of recruiting we are having we are wasting schollys on 3 star linemen when a school as prestigous as Tennessee should be going after 4 stars and our first 5 star. While schools like Georgia our grabbing 4 and 5 star playmakers, I just feel we are content grabbing unranked linemen and such. Not being a pessimest, but I want to see us start grabbing some big time guys like Marlon Brown, Josh Nunes, etc; Just seeing if I am getting greedy or if anyone feels this way as well. GO VOLS.

I agree

VN Store

Back