Our Recruiting Surge

vols_are_champs

Don't get me wrong, but it seems like during this surge of recruiting we are having we are wasting schollys on 3 star linemen when a school as prestigous as Tennessee should be going after 4 stars and our first 5 star. While schools like Georgia our grabbing 4 and 5 star playmakers, I just feel we are content grabbing unranked linemen and such. Not being a pessimest, but I want to see us start grabbing some big time guys like Marlon Brown, Josh Nunes, etc; Just seeing if I am getting greedy or if anyone feels this way as well. GO VOLS.

also, these guys are just now out of their junior year. you also have to realize stars don't mean jack sh*t

Stars are so overrated......i rather get a good kid that works hard and keeps his head on straight......talent isnt everything...team chemistry means a whole lot and you can only get that by getting hard working good kids

We all would like to land every 5 star player available but in order to do that, we have to stop getting our asses handed to us on national television and win our conference.

Don't get me wrong, but it seems like during this surge of recruiting we are having we are wasting schollys on 3 star linemen when a school as prestigous as Tennessee should be going after 4 stars and our first 5 star. While schools like Georgia our grabbing 4 and 5 star playmakers, I just feel we are content grabbing unranked linemen and such. Not being a pessimest, but I want to see us start grabbing some big time guys like Marlon Brown, Josh Nunes, etc; Just seeing if I am getting greedy or if anyone feels this way as well. GO VOLS.

You have some problems dude.

The star rating system is not perfect but it is the best predictor there is. Guys who are rated highly are more apt to be D1 starters than guys who are not. That said, I do not think 3* is a low rating. If UTK had half or more of its commits as 1* or unrated then it would probably be worth worrying about. A solid 3* prospect has a very high likelihood of becoming a contributor.

Highlight tapes don't always tell the whole story either. I trust our coaches scouting these guys throughout the entire season. Hell, if I put together a tape of my life and only put the greatest moments of my life on there, it'd look a hell of alot better than it really was in its entirety.

I see what he's saying in a way, on paper other schools look like they are blowing us away in recruiting. But I've seen many 3* athletes come out of high school and rip it up in college, And also there are plenty of 5* guys that are a complete bust.

Plus, we have plenty of time to land the other guys, let's just be proud we got the guys we did and the coaches will take care of the rest. They have already started out doing pretty damn good

dude, jeron stokes and jarvis giles is a hella start. and read all the athleticism thigpen, allen, and oliver have. i am very pleased at this point. I think if Clawson can sell the world this fall that his offense is special and for real, I think it could become a great class.

I see what he's saying in a way, on paper other schools look like they are blowing us away in recruiting. But I've seen many 3* athletes come out of high school and rip it up in college, And also there are plenty of 5* guys that are a complete bust.

Plus, we have plenty of time to land the other guys, let's just be proud we got the guys we did and the coaches will take care of the rest. They have already started out doing pretty damn good
thank you:good!:
i am not saying that we are getting the bottomfeeder recruits. I was just saying that I think every Vol fan i think would like to see an average **** rating

VN Store

Back