Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

And should I point out the fact that the first inaccurate pass that hit him in the chest from Fromm was thrown into double coverage? Seems like bad decision as well doesn’t it?

There are already stats for it, this one game and your little one game gotchas is not gonna change their season totals very much. BM has 72 pass attempts, good for about 3 full games in Vols style of play. In those "3 games" he's not produced very many positive stats and ranks in the lower 1/3 of the league in nearly EVERY category, he's not currently the most accurate passer on our roster and it's not even close. And if you say it's decision making then he's one of the worst in the league at that as well. Stats point to one or the other.
So you’re admitting now that your opinion has ONLY to do with stat lines and NOT actually watching the games?

Another inaccurate pass by Burrow in the end zone into dbl coverage! Shouldn’t have put it over his right shoulder so inaccurately.

Another inaccurate pass by Burrow in the end zone into dbl coverage! Shouldn’t have put it over his right shoulder so inaccurately.
Dude what are you talking about? Burrow is and has been accurate. BM hasn't.

The numbers all support that. What are you even arguing now?

I told you..... I’m agreeing with every EXACT situations that lead to those stats that you lean on.

If that ball had been more accurate Burrow would’ve had another td. Good thing for UGA he’s inaccurate today

@k-town_king if JG passes the eye test and has the stats why is he not a prospect like bryant from Missouri? I asked your partner in JG worship but deflected...

@1vol8 thank you for your explanation on accuracy vs decision making. Alot of AL Bundy types on here think that stats (4 tds in 1game, i hope yoh catch the reference) are everything.

Reactions: 1vol8
@k-town_king if JG passes the eye test and has the stats why is he not a prospect like bryant from Missouri? I asked your partner in JG worship but deflected...

@1vol8 thank you for your explanation on accuracy vs decision making. Alot of AL Bundy types on here think that stats (4 tds in 1game, i hope yoh catch the reference) are everything.
One of my favorite shows growing up! I caught the reference and you’re welcome. I just wish these two would comprehend it so we can move on from silly arguments.

Like I said I don't know where either will or won't be drafted as I don't pay any attention to the pro draft but I doubt Bryant is even a prospect, took about two minutes to find that out. Bryant is currently the 22nd ranked QB in the draft so he's NOT a pro prospect. As for JG the following guys assessment is pretty much spot on.

The Draft Network

You acting like Bryant is better than JG is not a very good look on your part as Bryant hasn't performed close to JG this year on what lots thought was the 2nd best team in the east before the season started. JG is better than Bryant at every aspect of QB other than running with the ball.

I bet his stat sheet says Maurer wasn’t the best QB on third down for UT too but the eye test once again says otherwise.
Yes his stats werent great. But anyone watching that video you post should be able to see the difference one the first deep pass. The reciever ly had to turn and try to make the catch. Not stop and jump ball...the same arc and kinda throw everyone is praising Bailey for throwing

Like I said I don't know where either will or won't be drafted as I don't pay any attention to the pro draft but I doubt Bryant is even a prospect, took about two minutes to find that out. Bryant is currently the 22nd ranked QB in the draft so he's NOT a pro prospect. As for JG the following guys assessment is pretty much spot on.

The Draft Network

You acting like Bryant is better than JG is not a very good look on your part as Bryant hasn't performed close to JG this year on what lots thought was the 2nd best team in the east before the season started. JG is better than Bryant at every aspect of QB other than running with the ball.

Depending on what site bryant is projected to be drafted from then 5th on.

Yes his stats werent great. But anyone watching that video you post should be able to see the difference one the first deep pass. The reciever ly had to turn and try to make the catch. Not stop and jump ball...the same arc and kinda throw everyone is praising Bailey for throwing
From my opinion if we listed the qbs in terms of overall skill sets/potential and placed them on a depth chart in that order for 2020 it looks like this

1- BM (slight edge over Bailey due to running abilities, arm strength and accuracy short to intermediate)
2- HB
3- JG (slight edge over Shrout due to decision making)
4- JTS
5- Hill ( both he and JTS can be interchangeable and can even make a case for #3)

But again this is just my opinion.

Reactions: krbster
Yeah, Maurer while qualified didn't make that list either.

At least you admit he should’ve. And had he not been pulled so many times I think he would be on that list. One thing you guys keep forgetting when disqualifying him on your stat sheets is the fact that he was thrown to the gators unprepared and went 4-11. Combine that with the 0-2 from UTC he started against UGA just 4-13.

At least you admit he should’ve. And had he not been pulled so many times I think he would be on that list. One thing you guys keep forgetting when disqualifying him on your stat sheets is the fact that he was thrown to the gators unprepared and went 4-11. Combine that with the 0-2 from UTC he started against UGA just 4-13.
No I would not admit he should be on this list or any other that lists production this year or next year really. Once again, he's thrown 72 passes, about what our offense would attempt every 3 games and he's not shown any reason for me to believe he would all of a sudden turn that completely around if he played in 12 games and be top half of the league. He had a couple of decent moments but he's not had a good season and because of JG and Bailey it's possible he never has a good season in Knoxville.

No I would not admit he should be on this list or any other that lists production this year or next year really. Once again, he's thrown 72 passes, about what our offense would attempt every 3 games and he's not shown any reason for me to believe he would all of a sudden turn that completely around if he played in 12 games and be top half of the league. He had a couple of decent moments but he's not had a good season and because of JG and Bailey it's possible he never has a good season in Knoxville.
Well.... hate to tell ya the only chance Bailey has is to beat him out is mental.

VN Store

Back