Our QB room will be the best in the SEC

He wasnt better against UF. He was better against UGa but JG barely played so not hard. He wasn't better vs Bama.

So 1/3. The one game he played a lot more he was better. Wow
Against Florida he was thrown to the wolves without preparation! Are you kidding me?!

Against Florida he was thrown to the wolves without preparation! Are you kidding me?!
I agree. He wasn't better though.
1 of those ints was on JJ vs and he only threw 1 vs UGA. Where did 3 come from?
Mixed MSU stats in. My mistake. He was actually 9/18 50%, with 0 tds and 2 ints.

Also he was 4/7 with 2 ints not 5/7 in his "great game" vs MSU.

I was just recalling from memory but I got the right numbers now.

Mixed MSU stats in. My mistake. He was actually 9/18 50%, with 0 tds and 2 ints.

And you consistently leave out rushing. He was also averaging 13 yards per carry vs MSU. Like I said before, they had no answer. If you think that game wouldn’t have ended much worse for MSU than 20-10 with Maurer finishing the game you’re sadly mistaken. I give JG credit for stepping up for the win but had Maurer finished that game it would’ve been a compete blowout.

Reactions: krbster

And not that he was good vs UF but he was better than JG in that game. That’s just how bad JG was though.

Show me one Maurer did. We can play this game all day.

Maurer has played like a freshman. No shame in that. He hasn't been accurate.
At 6:15 of this video you’ll see exactly what you’re looking for. Couldn’t be a more defined, classic case of “throwing your receiver open.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
At 6:15 of this video you’ll see exactly what you’re looking for. Couldn’t be a more defined, classic case of “throwing your receiver open.

Lol, the defender fell down on that play, he didn't throw anyone open on that play. "Throwing people open" is a weak term in my view. Receivers get open on their own, they either create separation or they don't, where the QB throws the ball has never created space between a receiver and defender.

Lol, the defender fell down on that play, he didn't throw anyone open on that play. "Throwing people open" is a weak term in my view. Receivers get open on their own, they either create separation or they don't, where the QB throws the ball has never created space between a receiver and defender.
If you believe that your alot less intelligent then i thought

That’s the most RIDICULOUS statement you’ve ever made, and that’s saying something! That statement alone is proof enough that you 1) lack knowledge of the qb position as a whole or 2) just will resort to ANY measure to not admit your bias.

The pass was put in that spot to “throw him open”. CB had inside position with a safety in the middle of the field, coming over. The ball was placed to the open area of the field (to the right) with touch to allow adjustment. What more do you need to show an example that you, once again, are wrong and throwing a receiver open is an actual thing?

If you believe that your alot less intelligent then i thought
Really, show me one play in the history of football where a ball being thrown in the air caused space to be created between a WR and DB. It does not exist. The WR creates the separation not where the ball was thrown, you sir are an idiot if you think it's ever been different.

Really, show me one play in the history of football where a ball being thrown in the air caused space to be created between a WR and DB. It does not exist. The WR creates the separation not where the ball was thrown, you sir are an idiot if you think it's ever been different.
Your response and invalid definition of "throwing a receiver open and" is the reason I think you're less intelligent than I thought. Throwing a receiver Open is putting the ball in a position where only the wide receiver can get it. In that example that he showed you even though the Defender fell down the ball was thrown in the only spot where the wide Could have caught it. Even with a defender draped all over him the receiver still would have caught the ball thus being thrown open.

That’s the most RIDICULOUS statement you’ve ever made, and that’s saying something! That statement alone is proof enough that you 1) lack knowledge of the qb position as a whole or 2) just will resort to ANY measure to not admit your bias.

The pass was put in that spot to “throw him open”. CB had inside position with a safety in the middle of the field, coming over. The ball was placed to the open area of the field (to the right) with touch to allow adjustment. What more do you need to show an example that you, once again, are wrong and throwing a receiver open is an actual thing?
The DB fell down on the play is the only reason the WR was open, it had nothing to do with where Maurer threw the ball.

By definition this is what throwing a receiver open is.

Your response and invalid definition of "throwing a receiver open and" is the reason I think you're less intelligent than I thought. Throwing a receiver Open is putting the ball in a position where only the wide receiver can get it. In that example that he showed you even though the Defender fell down the ball was thrown in the only spot where the wide Could have caught it. Even with a defender draped all over him the receiver still would have caught the ball thus being thrown open.
Really, that's the definition? When JG does it at a high rate compared to the top QBs in the league you credit the receiver going up and catching a 50/50 ball, when BM does it you credit the QB. My question is really simple, if Maurer is so good at it and JG is so bad at it, all while using the same receivers, why are JGs numbers comparable to the top half of the league and BMs are in the bottom 5 QBs of the league on nearly every single QB matrix out there? Here's another stat that shows all you throwing the WR open bs that once again kills your theory on Maurer.

Here's a stat that shows JG is pretty good at throwing those 50/50 balls where our guy can get it.

Keep spinning boys, you're gonna get it right someday.

Really, that's the definition? When JG does it at a high rate compared to the top QBs in the league you credit the receiver going up and catching a 50/50 ball, when BM does it you credit the QB. My question is really simple, if Maurer is so good at it and JG is so bad at it, all while using the same receivers, why are JGs numbers comparable to the top half of the league and BMs are in the bottom 5 QBs of the league on nearly every single QB matrix out there? Here's another stat that shows all you throwing the WR open bs that once again kills your theory on Maurer.

Here's a stat that shows JG is pretty good at throwing those 50/50 balls where our guy can get it.

Keep spinning boys, you're gonna get it right someday.

This post alone, is all the proof needed to show that you are an imposter. Pretending to be some football guru. LOL

Reactions: whodeycin85
The DB fell down on the play is the only reason the WR was open, it had nothing to do with where Maurer threw the ball.
The ball was on the money though. That throw has to lead the receiver to the sideline which is the concept of the fade.

...but Maurer still wasn’t very efficient, as you’d expect out of a freshman.

The ball was on the money though. That throw has to lead the receiver to the sideline which is the concept of the fade.
Only completions matter. According to the 2 fan boys and only when it suit thier argument...obviously they dont understand what jump balls are meant to accomplish and how much of that is in the WR....or anything really!

By definition this is what throwing a receiver open is.

Well that was a waste of time, the best throw on the entire 8 min video was made by a WR! There were 2 good throws in the video but absolutely nothing to suggest throwing someone open. Several of those throws were actually terrible.

...but Maurer still wasn’t very efficient, as you’d expect out of a freshman.
Is that a throw JG can't make? Statistics say he makes it better than half the league yet these 3 act like he's never made the same exact throw.

This post alone, is all the proof needed to show that you are an imposter. Pretending to be some football guru. LOL
Did the defender fall down or not? Are you saying he's open because of where the ball was thrown? He didn't throw the receiver open here, he made a good throw, something he doesn't do statistically as often as JG.

Is that a throw JG can't make? Statistics say he makes it better than half the league yet these 3 act like he's never made the same exact throw.
I’d say he throws it pretty well and we’ve got two physical WRs who are good at going and getting it.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Only completions matter. According to the 2 fan boys and only when it suit thier argument...obviously they dont understand what jump balls are meant to accomplish and how much of that is in the WR....or anything really!
There you go again giving all the credit to the WR. Amazing to me that as bad as you think JG is how is it that he throws it to where only our guys catch the 50/50 ball, I would think the defense would have a lot more success as JG is just throwing it up as you profess. You guys are ridiculous in your assessment of Guarantano and I'm personally glad it bothers you so much. I grin every time JG does something well because I know it's causing you so much pain.

VN Store

Back