Our football is going to fly like a bird in 2021

Size is good, no doubt.
Talent is another thing altogether. So is depth.
Our 5 star OL (lol) was made a bitch by the top DLs we played this year. Georgia in particular comes to mind.
UCF does not schedule teams with DL such as you play several times a year in the SEC.
Defense is not dead in the SEC. Especially the linemen.

IMO, Pruitt had his hands all over the offensive line, to the frustration of Cheney. Read somewhere he wanted position cross training on the O-line to the extent they were not able to perform doing the basics for their position. Cheney supposedly wanted to simplify multiple aspects of the offense, including the amount of cross training, but JP would not allow it. In some respects, JP was stubborn to a fault, believing his ideas were superior to everyone else’s and would not change. This became his ultimate undoing. I’m really expecting the OL to perform better under JH even though this group may not be as talented as last year’s group.

In hindsight, Pruitt feels like we got the bad thirds of a Muschamp, without the good third. We got a defensive mind as a head coach who messed the offensive side up and had melt-downs on the sideline. We just didn't get the good defense that came with Muschamp.

Oh, no! Motion, gimerickery, trick plays and it all comes to a halt when you come up against men that play hard nosed football instead of this foolishness. Butch Jones 2.0.
I don’t know about Butch Jones 2.0, but I think these players with development will play some hard nose football with our new coach. I would say that a lot of motion can throw off a defense, but a lot of traffic can defeat a defense while you are on offense. I’ll say one thing, I am hoping that the foolishness is over, and our boys are ready to play some hard football.

Not possible. Although I do wish him the best.
Not saying he will, but what I do say it would be just our luck. The way things have been going for Tennessee, it would be just our luck that he would be in the top 5 for it. Anything is possible against our luck.🤨

His offense has been very successful at every school he's been at. No reason to think we can't have a top 4 or 5 offense with the skill players we have.

Pruitt was one of the best coordinators at 3 stops. How did that work out?

Pruitt was one of the best coordinators at 3 stops. How did that work out?

I’m confused at what your point is. Heupel has an offensive system with coaches he’s been with for the last 3 years that are also now at Tennessee. Did Pruitt bring over his “defensive system” with all the same coaches? Were we running his system or Ansley? Who called plays? Can you plant the goal posts so I know what point you’re struggling to make?

You are correct, he knows what an SEC OL looks like.
Can he recruit SEC linemen to Knoxville??
That remains to be seen.
Can he coach our existing players into a competitive unit??
Remains to be seen.
Will the gimmick Orange-Air offense work long term in the SEC?
That too is to be determined.
Success at UCF for a couple years does not automatically translate into SEC wins. Orange fanatics who think we will have an offense like 2020 bama or 2019 lsu next year or any time soon are kidding themselves.
I agree that we will not have the recent bama and lsu offenses right away. I do think we will score lots of points against teams like BG, instead of losing to teams like ga state. Also we have a coach who won the only national championship at Ok in the Bob Stoops era. He is a schemer and adjuster of his offense to be able to attack the opposition defense. I see him as similar to the old ball coach at that gator school, who had a pretty successful career in the SEC. Hopefully, Coach Heupel will have a good long career here at UT and we can have lots of fun watching our Vols.

OK, You convinced me. He sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Thanks for linking this.

Now, if he doesn't go brain dead like many other coaches we have had over the past few years.

Still wish he would quit calling players kids.

We are all just looking for Hope! Even if we dont get a bowl game, if this team wins 7 in its first year? These kids will be excited and recruits will want to be a part of this. Ooop! One foot note! As long as we are not blown out in our loses. I can take Bama 47 to our 38! Just dont want 47 to 10.

We are all just looking for Hope! Even if we dont get a bowl game, if this team wins 7 in its first year? These kids will be excited and recruits will want to be a part of this. Ooop! One foot note! As long as we are not blown out in our loses. I can take Bama 47 to our 38! Just dont want 47 to 10.
Not getting a bowl game due to sanctions

VN Store

Back