Our football is going to fly like a bird in 2021

I also think that he will play Bailey, Salter, and Hooker in the scheme of things. I don’t know about Brian Maurer yet.

Hmmm so you are basing this on what?
Have you been asleep Train?
The last 15 years.
But, one cannot predict the future.
New Coach and New AD will stand on their on record.
Opinions vary on what that might be.
They start out in the giant hole that is UT football.

Have you been asleep Train?
The last 15 years.
But, one cannot predict the future.
New Coach and New AD will stand on their on record.
Opinions vary on what that might be.
They start out in the giant hole that is UT football.

That’s what I meant. All new crop. Hopefully they massively outperform what we have had.

Reactions: tnutater
I just hope they can catch it. Welcome to our new offense. The football will be soaring in the air, regardless of what happens. Exciting times. Let’s goooo big orange!
One thing I'm pretty sure of is the team we put on the field won't resemble last year...and that's a good thing. Maybe we'll put up tons of points and not be able to stop any one. Or, maybe, just maybe the football gods will flip the switch back on for us, since we've finally flushed the last of trying to hold on Fulmer's legacy or re-create Bama North or go w/ slogan guy. We aren't devoid of talent...what if a fresh and creative perspective is all we need? Not likely, and I'm not all sunshine and rainbows...but will hold on to my vol fan card with a degree of patient optimism...at least until 3-4 games into the season! ha

The ball will be flying. Vols 59, BG 17. The defense should not wear out. At most, they play ten minutes more a game, maybe 40 minutes instead of thirty. It does take some time to score 40+ points. These guys are young, athletic, and there are plenty of tv timeouts. Go Vols.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
A modern winning offense has to score TDs just about every time they have possession.

That’s how JH team is built. Although I think some fans are expecting us to be scoring 40 and putting up 500 yards a game. If you are expecting that then you are gonna sadly disappointed. I can see is realistically getting to 30 ppg.

Reactions: FïreBall
The ball will be flying. Vols 59, BG 17. The defense should not wear out. At most, they play ten minutes more a game, maybe 40 minutes instead of thirty. It does take some time to score 40+ points. These guys are young, athletic, and there are plenty of tv timeouts. Go Vols.

I will be shocked if we score more than 40 even on BG.

That offensive line for UCF would not look so good playing an 8 game SEC schedule.
Apples to oranges.
The purchasing, care and feeding of SEC athletes is much different than what new coach and new AD were familiar with at UCF. They must get up to speed quickly or will just take their buyout money and move along.

That offensive line for UCF would not look so good playing an 8 game SEC schedule.
Apples to oranges.
The purchasing, care and feeding of SEC athletes is much different than what new coach and new AD were familiar with at UCF. They must get up to speed quickly or will just take their buyout money and move along.

Really? UCF starting OL

Trevor Elbert- 6’5 312
Cole Schneider- 6’4 312
Jordan Johnson- 6’2 320
Sam Jackson- 6’6 335
Jake Brown- 6’3 305

I just hope they can catch it. Welcome to our new offense. The football will be soaring in the air, regardless of what happens. Exciting times. Let’s goooo big orange!

Well, for far too many times, the only things flying like a bird around here has been our middle fingers. But if they can't catch it? It doesn't really matter how much soaring happens, now does it? Our middle fingers will be flying anyway.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is the team we put on the field won't resemble last year...and that's a good thing. Maybe we'll put up tons of points and not be able to stop any one. Or, maybe, just maybe the football gods will flip the switch back on for us, since we've finally flushed the last of trying to hold on Fulmer's legacy or re-create Bama North or go w/ slogan guy. We aren't devoid of talent...what if a fresh and creative perspective is all we need? Not likely, and I'm not all sunshine and rainbows...but will hold on to my vol fan card with a degree of patient optimism...at least until 3-4 games into the season! ha
I think we’re going to see a different team out on the field. A new offensive scheme that will try to please us all. I don’t think we can be Bama right now, but if we can have a good offense, that might get things started toward that way. I still see the football flying in the air a lot more down the field though. Can’t wait to see what his game plan will be against the first three teams that we face, then turn our attention to the gators.

Well, for far too many times, the only things flying like a bird around here has been our middle fingers. But if they can't catch it? It doesn't really matter how much soaring happens, now does it? Our middle fingers will be flying anyway.
I’m sure that the receivers will be able to get separation, and they will be developed enough to catch the ball better, and get down field. Heupel’s statement, “we are going to be aggressive throwing the football down the field. I loved it when he said it. He has a track record for passing the ball deep with those quarterbacks he had at UCF.

Really? UCF starting OL

Trevor Elbert- 6’5 312
Cole Schneider- 6’4 312
Jordan Johnson- 6’2 320
Sam Jackson- 6’6 335
Jake Brown- 6’3 305
Size is good, no doubt.
Talent is another thing altogether. So is depth.
Our 5 star OL (lol) was made a bitch by the top DLs we played this year. Georgia in particular comes to mind.
UCF does not schedule teams with DL such as you play several times a year in the SEC.
Defense is not dead in the SEC. Especially the linemen.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I’m sure that the receivers will be able to get separation, and they will be developed enough to catch the ball better, and get down field. Heupel’s statement, “we are going to be aggressive throwing the football down the field. I loved it when he said it. He has a track record for passing the ball deep with those quarterbacks he had at UCF.

Well, OD, your opening line of the text I quoted was "I just hope they can catch it", and what you are now "sure of"? They best get busy with the catching part as well as the aggressive throwing part. Cause if you ain't got both? You ain't got shite. That is like having your favorite soda pop without the fizz. Or passing downfield off target getting picked for six the other way.

Personally, it won't hurt my feelings if they mix in 2 tight end sets. So if the opponent adjusts to stop the long range stuff? You have 2 big options to pick up 8 to 18 yards and it spreads their coverage. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt all failed to make effective use of the tight ends. Plus the running game needs to make use of power back as well as fast backs. You take what the defense gives you. And your offense has to be able to figure out how to do that.

But I don’t know about y’all, but I’m excited for this offense to get going. Can’t wait for sitting on the edge of my recliner for a long pass time after time.
I will say one thing, despite if we see wins or not I’ll at least be happy to see them attempt to actually play to win. Seems like every coach has the same mentality here, throw to the sides(usually behind the line) and hope for the best. Then let the defense get destroyed from being on the field twice as long as the offense. Then the fans/and coaches put the blame on the defense.

Size is good, no doubt.
Talent is another thing altogether. So is depth.
Our 5 star OL (lol) was made a bitch by the top DLs we played this year. Georgia in particular comes to mind.
UCF does not schedule teams with DL such as you play several times a year in the SEC.
Defense is not dead in the SEC. Especially the linemen.
I agree, and think we're better off in Y1 on D personnel than when our 3 previous coaches started...guess some depends on if we get a few portal players back. That being said, I think a high powered offense, with a good QB helps attract players faster on both sides of the ball than having a good D, with a "meh" offense. Neyland/UT has a tendency to sell itself once it gets rocking...few SEC teams can match it...just way too many false starts over the years to get year over year momentum.

VN Store

Back