Our fanbase is absurdly negative

This post is ridiculous. There are ZERO moral victories in football. When Florida gives you a chance to beat them, DO IT. We may not be this close again for another 10 years.
Again, another negative vol fan that knows absolutely nothing about the game. You sound like a fool! It’s obvious you’ve never played the game. Learn something, then say something…

Reactions: 08Vol and usagary
Did you miss the deep route down the sideline that came later, was wide open but Hooker threw it too high? We threw other screens too. Did you even watch the game?
Ohh a rhetorical question. Fancy. If we ran more then I clearly missed it. We didn't run nearly enough. Let's fight about it.

Dude, we've been awful for 15+ years. We continue to make stupid mistakes, most due to a lack of discipline. We can't control the talent differential, but we can control the amount of stupid decisions we make, and continue to make. Lack of focus, lack of execution, lack of self-control, and at times, a lack of effort. You aren't going to win fans over with those continuing issues. We want to see a group of guys take it on and overachieve for once. Watch Arkansas and then watch Tennessee and tell me which group is easier to root for.
Different situations and different talent level. Be realistic! And stop being so negative! Our players can see the comments too. If it hasn’t helped in all these years why don’t you try something different or go root for somebody else.

Reactions: 08Vol
We have the most negative fans in the SEC. Other fan bases know it and love stirring it up. I know a few that come in here to do just that.

Reactions: 08Vol and UTwild82
There are some grown men fans who obviously have had too much George Dickel or some cheap beer and they need to go sleep it off and quit embarrassing themselves.

Reactions: 08Vol
Different situations and different talent level. Be realistic! And stop being so negative! Our players can see the comments too. If it hasn’t helped in all these years why don’t you try something different or go root for somebody else.
Half the fanbase: be optimistic I think we'll surprise some teams!
*doesn't happen, negavols complain and say "told you so"*
Same fans: why are you negative what did you expect be realistic!
You people kill me.

15 years of terrible decisions have led us here, lots of those decisions were helmed by our former ADs. We've had terrible scheduling, stupid contracts (see Kiffin, Pruitt raise), last second coaching hires (Dooley, Heupel), desperate hires (Pruitt), a Google hire who drove the program into the abyss, we had one AD go rogue and tried to hire Schiano. Total dysfunction between team & coaches (Dooley, Pruitt, & Butch). McDonald's Gate. Transfer Party. The list goes on and on...

Don't expect fans to have a cheery disposition when we've been served the same tasteless meal for the last 15 years.

There are some grown men fans who obviously have had too much George Dickel or some cheap beer and they need to go sleep it off and quit embarrassing themselves.
Some of are only old enough to be fans for 20 years and know 90% of garbage football, cheap administrations who pretend they are hiring to win, and yet here I am, still, watching every single game to the last whistle with a sliver of hope that maybe they'll turn it around and be good again.
If I haven't earned the right to complain...

Here is my take and my opinion only.

The missed FG at the end of the half killed momentum. And had a positive emotional effect for the gators.
2nd half adjustment was once again won by the opposing coach. (Mullen was empowered by Josh's poor clock management.) His confidence fueled his team.
We have a gritty, proud and respectful team. If we eliminate the bonehead penalties (AKA Drive Killers), if our young receivers catch better, eliminate the horrible snaps, and oh my, those three and outs that absolutely destroy our depleted/depthless defensive line of scrimmage , we will have the capability of being a very prolific and high scoring offense and compete with all of our remaining opponents. I hate guaranteeing losses but IMO, Alabama and Georgia are the only remaining opponents that I have no faith in a positive outcome.

Hooker is a good QB, the hesitations on the miss-snaps, probably because he was overly focused on ball security, were drive killers. However, he improved in most of his game and delivered us a couple of beautiful passes and shows us how dynamic this offense can be.

I'M PROUD OF THIS TEAM! PLAYMAKERS WILL COME.

Reactions: UTwild82
Some of are only old enough to be fans for 20 years and know 90% of garbage football, cheap administrations who pretend they are hiring to win, and yet here I am, still, watching every single game to the last whistle with a sliver of hope that maybe they'll turn it around and be good again.
If I haven't earned the right to complain...

There's a difference between complaining rights and men calling for Heupel to be fired.

Again, they need to quit boozing tonight and just go to bed.

There's a difference between complaining rights and men calling for Heupel to be fired.

Again, they need to quit boozing tonight and just go to bed.
That would be dumb, but I wasn't seeing anyone calling for his head or saying he wasn't going to cut it (I know some have thought that from the beginning).

That would be dumb, but I wasn't seeing anyone calling for his head or saying he wasn't going to cut it (I know some have thought that from the beginning).

I can't pull it, but Vol Calls after the game on Pitt, some drunk from Bucksnort calling in...."we oughta get Heupel out.....Butch Jones knew how to handle these ACC teams....we need Jones back.....blah blah".

It's everywhere.

Reactions: Other_Guy
I can't pull it, but Vol Calls after the game on Pitt, some drunk from Bucksnort calling in...."we oughta get Heupel out.....Butch Jones knew how to handle these ACC teams....we need Jones back.....blah blah".

It's everywhere.
LOL that's hilarious tho.

How about you just ignore the comments you don't like just like I've ignored many of the annual overly optimistic 10-2 projection posts every year for the last 15 seasons.

I'm sorry you can't differentiate between being negative and dealing in facts. If all you want is good vibes and false confidence, scroll on past my posts. I don't complain for the sake of complaining and you won't find me moaning about things out of our players and staff's control. We don't have a lot of talent, we don't have a lot of depth...those things are out of our hand. The mental breakdowns and the lack of discipline are totally within our control. Fix that crap.

VN Store

Back