OSU draws 99,391 to spring game...

It's a big deal for today....in this day and age there will be a new story to take its place. A week from now no will remember or care.

Top recruits will remember and you can bet the coaches from the SUCKeyes will carry pics to use this as another big recruiting tool.

They already got several Million $$$ of free press out of this.

FanbyFan...VFL...GBO!!!

You see, I take into account when the post was made and factor in that alcohol may have been involved. I get it. I'm guilty myself from time to time. :good!:

Lol, well, I did make that post after spending all day at the new Sierra Nevada Brewery in NC and then followed it all up with a catholic wedding reception and plenty of Woodford Reserve. :)

Last edited:
Here are the teams on OSU's 2015 schedule:

Virginia Tech
Hawaii
Northern Illinois
Western Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

Very weak schedule. They could beat most of those teams with their 3rd stringers, which is much easier on Urban Meyer's heart.
I guess watching a scrimmage game IS more exciting than those games with cupcakes

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, well, I did make that post after spending all day at the new Sierra Nevada Brewery in NC and then followed it all up with a catholic wedding reception and plenty of Woodford Reserve. :)

Hell, I'm impressed you could at least string a full sentence together!

Last edited:
Top recruits will remember and you can bet the coaches from the SUCKeyes will carry pics to use this as another big recruiting tool.

They already got several Million $$$ of free press out of this.

FanbyFan...VFL...GBO!!!

Top recruits care more about the NC trophy than the attendance at a spring game.

We'll be lucky to get over 40,000 at the Orange & White game. With so many out with injuries and no game to watch, casual fans won't go. Maybe if they would announce the format people could get interested. Only hard core fans will go watch an O&W "game" that consists of position drills Circle of Life matchups.

I'm a hard core fan so I'll be that no matter the format or weather.

I have to give props to Ohio State as 99,391 fans paid to see their spring game and that's real fan support, without question.
Can the Vol's possibly match or beat the record in the future? Good question.
Go Vol's

This is impressive. Nothing else really going on in that area though..and after a NC with the best coach in the game right now? Would be more surprised if it was not a huge turnout.

Last edited:
Osu has about three times the students of Ut and sits in the heart of Columbus which is over 2 million compared to 500k in Knoxville. This alone makes it easier for them to fill a stadium during a spring game.

Honestly, if UT was in Nashville you'd see the same thing.

We'll be lucky to get over 40,000 at the Orange & White game. With so many out with injuries and no game to watch, casual fans won't go. Maybe if they would announce the format people could get interested. Only hard core fans will go watch an O&W "game" that consists of position drills Circle of Life matchups.

I'm a hard core fan so I'll be that no matter the format or weather.
We will have more than 40 thousand we have had over 60k the past two years with way less expectations. We had 40,000 at the open practice in the fall. We will have more than 40k maybe not 80-90k but 60-70 thousand I would say

Osu has about three times the students of Ut and sits in the heart of Columbus which is over 2 million compared to 500k in Knoxville. This alone makes it easier for them to fill a stadium during a spring game.

Honestly, if UT was in Nashville you'd see the same thing.

Have said for years and years - Why not send Vanderbilt to Knoxville and bring UT to Music City???

Doesn't tennessee have the worst drug problem besides west virginia?

Nah, Tennessee is pretty law-abiding in that regard (surprising, perhaps, given our ridge-running, moonshining past!).

State Estimates of Substance Use and Mental Disorders from the 2010-2011 NSDUHs

p.s. If you go to the very bottom, you'll noticed we're a more depressed and mentally deranged group than average, but this study was taken in the Dooley years, and Team 119 is about to fix that. ;)

Last edited:
Probably bussed em in like the dems do at the voting booth...

Thought the Greedy Old Party got that fixed,esp in fla where thousands of eligible voters were purged from the rolls by the repub controlled election commission. :ermm:

Thought the Greedy Old Party got that fixed,esp in fla where thousands of eligible voters were purged from the rolls by the repub controlled election commission. :ermm:

Wow!!! Throw anything out there ...who cares if there's a single iota of truth in it.... Haha...

VN Store

Back