Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

Very weak schedule. They could beat most of those teams with their 3rd stringers, which is much easier on Urban Meyer's heart.

I guess Toledo wasn't availble

Here are the teams on OSU's 2015 schedule:

Virginia Tech
Hawaii
Northern Illinois
Western Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

Very weak schedule. They could beat most of those teams with their 3rd stringers, which is much easier on Urban Meyer's heart.

I hate tOSU as much as anyone, but our schedule isn't much tougher than theirs. Bama is the toughest team we play, and tOSU beat them just a few months back. Va Tech is on par with OK (both teams fell apart last year due to injuries). Minnesota is a lot like AR, not a traditional power, but getting better. MI State is a top 10 like UGA. Penn State is a former power that is trying to rise again, like UF

Reactions: 1 person
On a day like that in Columbus you would either go to an over priced bar with sugary drinks that make you sick to catch herpes, or you go disk golfing, or you go to the spring game. UT could beat it but you would have to get the word out and you would really have to pressure people to come back to campus and go out to the stadium.

Virginia Tech
Hawaii
Northern Illinois
Western Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

I hate tOSU as much as anyone, but our schedule isn't much tougher than theirs. Bama is the toughest team we play, and tOSU beat them just a few months back. Va Tech is on par with OK (both teams fell apart last year due to injuries). Minnesota is a lot like AR, not a traditional power, but getting better. MI State is a top 10 like UGA. Penn State is a former power that is trying to rise again, like UF

Hmm, not exactly. Using the latest way-too-early rankings, Tennessee has five Top-25 opponents (Bama, Georgia, Arkansas, Mizzou, and Oklahoma). Ohio State has one. That's not close to the same difficulty level.

In fact, there's not a single team in all of the SEC whose schedule is as weak as Ohio State's. Vandy plays a much harder schedule than OSU. That's being objective, using neutral-party rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

I must disagree with you on this. Most 2015 strength of schedule rankings have Tennessee in low 20s and OSU in the mid 40s. Tennessee plays 5 teams in the preseason top 25 rankings, OSU plays one. And to say that VA Tech is on par with Oklahoma is laughable at best.

Reactions: 9 people
Found this quote to be interesting...."I don't think it's going to ever be like this anywhere else in the world."

Would love to see us top that number.

LINK
Well considering they only play college football in the united states, then no it won't be like that anywhere else in the world.

VA Tech is terrible, they are no more than a regional power. OU is a national power who has been there and got the t shirt to prove it. Apples and oranges man.

Reactions: 2 people
We have to admit that is an impressive showing. But any fan base should be hyped after winning an NC with all the players they have coming back. It would be a sign of complacency if they didn't have a huge crowd.

Other than the fact of the large crowd, hang on sloopy having almost a hundred thousand people at their spring game really means nothing to me. If the weather were right, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocky Top wouldn't have a 100,000 at a spring game following its next SEC-East win (not a championship in my thinking but an objective toward the goal), let alone an SEC championship/playoff berth or NC.

I'm thinking the 2018/2019 home and home series with tOSU that was cancelled a couple of years ago might happen in the future but on a slightly bigger scale. by 2018, tOSU's will have had to recharge their QBs whereas Team 122 will have (picking no favorites and making no future assumptions) will have Dormady, Guarantano, Jennings, or Jones (listed alphabetically on purpose).

I think they already held the attendance record before this year- prior to NC.

Saturday forecast for Knoxville calls for rain, it will hurt attendance to some extent. Maybe. I guess. Possibly.

Doesn't matter how much I hate these dirt bags, 99k at a spring game is impressive.

If we can steal their recruits and have a larger crowd at our spring game, how'd pissed would CUM and his pissy little assistant be?

Our spring game won't be very impressive. CBJ has already publicly announced that we are hurting bad injury wise and the spring game will be extremely dumbed down and thin because of it. He even said we barely have enough healthy to have a spring game. Combine that with rain in the forecast and it doesn't look good.

Our spring game won't be very impressive. CBJ has already publicly announced that we are hurting bad injury wise and the spring game will be extremely dumbed down and thin because of it. He even said we barely have enough healthy to have a spring game. Combine that with rain in the forecast and it doesn't look good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 1 person

Virginia Tech
Hawaii
Northern Illinois
Western Michigan
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan State
Michigan

The greatest coach ever will still find a way to lose one of these games.

Like it or nor Urbie CRYer and tosu SUCKeyes are getting HUGE, free PR out of this and you can bet the top recruits are watching all of this closely.

If we could find a way to pack Neyland and beat this number from the LUCKeyes then Tennessee will get even bigger, free press and we'll be even more impressive to the top recruits.

Rain, hurt players or not all of us need to get the word out and pack Neyland for the O & W game and help our recruiting in 1 of the few ways that fans can really help.

It would also be great to shove it in CRYers face that the best place in the world is at TENNESEE!

It's time for all of us to....RISE TO THE TOP on Rocky Top!

#FanbyFan...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Like it or nor Urbie CRYer and tosu SUCKeyes are getting HUGE, free PR out of this and you can bet the top recruits are watching all of this closely.

If we could find a way to pack Neyland and beat this number from the LUCKeyes then Tennessee will get even bigger, free press and we'll be even more impressive to the top recruits.

Rain, hurt players or not all of us need to get the word out and pack Neyland for the O & W game and help our recruiting in 1 of the few ways that fans can really help.

It would also be great to shove it in CRYers face that the best place in the world is at TENNESEE!

It's time for all of us to....RISE TO THE TOP on Rocky Top!

#FanbyFan...VFL...GBO!!!

It's a big deal for today....in this day and age there will be a new story to take its place. A week from now no will remember or care.

VN Store

Back