Oregon Transfer VJ Bailey commits to Tennessee

You do not "like" the idea...lol

This thread is pure gold as all these keyboard coaches and scouts pontificate...I will stick with Barnes and crew who have actually demonstrated many times over they know exactly what they are doing.

When one of you disgruntled "fans" takes a Power 5 program that was a dumpster fire and become recognized as the #1 team in the country in a few short years then you can earn the right to make relentless "what if" criticisms...lol

Reactions: gule and butchna
Anybody else think he looks like cam sutton in the pic on the homepage?

The question was when does Barnes have to stop proving that he knows what he's doing, not what does he have to do to make you like him. If you don't like him because he parlayed a great season into a pay raise that has no effect on you, personally...well, then you are just easily offended and probably naive to believe Rick Barnes does this job just because he loves it.

You are free to not like him, but my guess is that internal conflict will make it difficult for you to cheer for the team he coaches. Hard to pull for the success of a team whose coach you don't like. So, are you pulling for Tennessee to fail because you don't like Barnes?
No. Just increases ambivalence.

I suspect these feelings will subside when we keep winning? I don’t understand why folks fault a guy for getting a pay day. More than anything it elevates perception that UT is strongly committed to b-ball, so, when the next coaching search rolls around in years to come, we will get much more attention as being a top tier program vs having to settle, like we have done too much in past. I’d rather over pay Barnes and keep him vs not have him and have to go thru trying to get the right guy...again
He would have to win a national championship or go to multiple final fours with that salary for me to think he is remotely deserving. His methods were distasteful. He is not good enough to do that, and history shows he is not capable.

When one of you disgruntled "fans" takes a Power 5 program that was a dumpster fire and become recognized as the #1 team in the country in a few short years then you can earn the right to make relentless "what if" criticisms...lol
im not disgruntled, i just dont agree with everyone here on every topic just because since i'm from knox and went to UT, that I should be loyal in the face of obvious ignorance by the people that run the school.

maybe he will be another NBA wonder but after two years with the Ducks, which aren't a bad program, IDK. We will see. I just don't like the idea of using roster spots for question mark players. if RIck is worth top 5 money then the Admins should of factor in we are attracting top 5 talent. right now we have 1.
Another star child. Number of stars is all that matters. What a group the miserable minority must be. Would you be happy if we had a team of all 5 stars that couldn't play together to save the world? I prefer watching a good basketball TEAM.

im not disgruntled, i just dont agree with everyone here on every topic just because since i'm from knox and went to UT, that I should be loyal in the face of obvious ignorance by the people that run the school.
In what era did you go to school? I would have killed to have a team this fun to watch play when I was there in the 80s. We weren't an"elite" school then, I am hoping CRB can bring us back and not stick his foot in his mouth line the last coach that had success.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Sure it does. Apathy is simpler than actively changing allegiance. It is all about energy input towards an emotional point.
It just seems like you have two options. You either cheer for the team to succeed, and thus Barnes succeeds. Or you hope for Barnes to fail because you don't like him, and the team fails as a result.

The idea that you're conflicted at all, as a fan, is embarrassing.

Im down for the team to succeed but Barnes get fired for getting caught with a transvestite prostitute.

That way we get to show him we're just as loyal as he is and we still win.

I cant lie.

I dont like him anymore.

Last edited:
It just seems like you have two options. You either cheer for the team to succeed, and thus Barnes succeeds. Or you hope for Barnes to fail because you don't like him, and the team fails as a result.

The idea that you're conflicted at all, as a fan, is embarrassing.
I'm not a fan. I am a product consumer. At this point, I do not care for a significant ingredient in the product, so I choose to allow myself to be apathetic. I do not like fig newton's due to the fig filling. I do not actively root against fig newtons.

I don’t see how the “sit out a year” transfer rule won’t be dissolved... with the debate of paying college athletes or entry to draft ages or years becoming more hot topics I think we will see much more player friendly rules.

I will believe that when I see it. Personally am starting to believe the decisions are dependent on a system of "favors".

Im down for the team to succeed but Barnes get fired for getting caught with a transvestite prostitute.

I cant lie.

I dont like him anymore.
Lol this is pitiful. If what he "did" is all it takes for you to be out on someone, I highly doubt you have any close friends in your life.

I cant lie.

I dont like him anymore.
Would you like him better if he was a transvestite prostitute and hadn't considered the UCLA job?
Personally I don't care what he is or what he gets paid as long as he continues to win. I'd like him even better if he won more in March and made 10 million.

When I start paying his salary then I’ll start caring what he makes. Most games are free tv content that I enjoy watching. Didn’t enjoy watching nearly as much when they stunk. Just can’t wrap my mind around folks caring so much about his pay when they don’t write the check?

When I start paying his salary then I’ll start caring what he makes. Most games are free tv content that I enjoy watching. Didn’t enjoy watching nearly as much when they stunk. Just can’t wrap my mind around folks caring so much about his pay when they don’t write the check?

Totally agree. We also have people admitting they aren’t fans. Glad that was finally admitted.

If you think you are not paying in some manner, you are delusional.

VN Store

Back