Orange and White game concern...

Facts are more people die of the common flu every year than this virus will kill here. The ones that have underlying conditions and older people are the folks that it effects the worst. I was at fire rescue when the swine flu epidemic broke out and many more were killed and nobody hardly blinked. This will pass, the effects of corona virus has not been nearly as deadly. Should we be trying to prevent it sure, but some are going off the deep end and some are doing worse trying to play politics with something trying to use it for a advantage. The President and the CDC is who folks need to be listening too, it is serious but it is not the worst virus this we have ever seen actually by all accounts it's not close. I am worried about the elderly more than anything, for 98-99 percent of folks this amounts to have minor flu and a 14-15 day period of staying at home. GBO!

I know you already know this, but I’ll say it... Newly-elected, fresh-faced, liberal sensation Barack Obama was President in 2009 during the H1N1 breakout, Trump is President now. THAT is the difference.

H1N1 killed about 80 times more people than Corona has worldwide, nobody shut anything down, in fact, there was so little media coverage of H1N1, I barely remembered it.

I really hate agreeing with a Gator....

1000 cases per death vs 20 cases per death... Imagine if the flu were 50 times more deadly. That's what we're dealing with. I guess?

Edit: Not quite.... we don't know how many have the Coronavirus because people are just not beginning to test for it. The numbers are skewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If another Civil War ever breaks out, and that’s not as far-fetched an idea as we’d all like to hope, watch how fast all the fans of teams in the SEC, who thought they hated each other, come together to kick some ass.

I have too many friends that are Florida fans. I only hate them a few times a year. So when the zombie apocalypse takes over, I'll break bread with you.

Look, this is what I do for a living and I'll preface my comment with the opinion that MOST of what is media derived is extremely political and almost hysterical in tone. However, this is going to be a definite health crisis and significant numbers of people will be debilitated and die. This is not the "flu"-it's probably 10-30 times more capable of causing death than influenza and one of the best ways of curbing it is to avoid crowds. No sporting event is worth your life or that of your family. Stay safe and smart.
If it's 10-30 times more capable of causing death than the flu how come it's only killed less than 5000 people? Considering the flu has killed over 55000 people last year alone so... Seems like the Coronavirus isn't as deadly as the flu when we us facts huh.

Reactions: Vol4ever
If it's 10-30 times more capable of causing death than the flu how come it's only killed less than 5000 people? Considering the flu has killed over 55000 people last year alone so... Seems like the Coronavirus isn't as deadly as the flu when we us facts huh.
Because the Coronavirus hasn't finished spreading doofus.

I know you already know this, but I’ll say it... Newly-elected, fresh-faced, liberal sensation Barack Obama was President in 2009 during the H1N1 breakout, Trump is President now. THAT is the difference.

H1N1 killed about 80 times more people than Corona has worldwide, nobody shut anything down, in fact, there was so little media coverage of H1N1, I barely remembered it.
If another Civil War ever breaks out, and that’s not as far-fetched an idea as we’d all like to hope, watch how fast all the fans of teams in the SEC, who thought they hated each other, come together to kick some ass.
We have a live look at Jaws
rd0DfL8u-v-QsnB5yPnjIfTNUI1MYc6-ZuSkEDZEM4JjF195YoLwvn_vmabbccZySW1lOoSTm9w15Z6USd7LTl6cAFicAVgNUCP4-jIt-kz-O6-xwRTWYdcF2JRzAPUV7pWyENg1v4kysbf57yFDmqFDT_zuK_mqKKs

The O&W Game could be played with no fans in Neyland Stadium if the Coronavirus situation keeps going the way it's going.

Speaks more to the mainstream leftist media than Trump IMO

Cancelling events is the only way they have to try and keep it from peeking. IF too many get sick it will overwhelm the healthcare system. You think there is panic now, if that happens it will be Katy Bar the Door. its also funny how the media handled H1N1 2008-2009 compared to this. H1N1 killed approx. 500,000 worldwide and approx 14,000 in the US including many kids. wonder why the difference in tone from the media? What could it possibly be?

High schools in Blount County were shut down for a week due to H1N1 in fall 2009. Similar things happened back then, people just conveniently 'forget' about it.

Cases are falling in China and South Korea precisely because of drastic measures to limit mass gatherings and thus the spread of the disease. Look to Italy and Rudy Gobert for what happens when people don't take it seriously. International media who give two ****s about Trump are reporting on it with the same urgency. Not everything is some liberal ploy to undermine the current person in the White House, nor is a global pandemic affecting only Americans.

It'd be a shame but not unexpected if the Orange and White game got canceled, but saying football season could get canceled is a bit of a stretch right now.

Edit: Not saying you claimed football season would be canceled, just saying that in general.

In my best Jim Mora voice... insanity? You’re talking about sanity? Insanity is the liberal media and Democrat politician response and behavior to not only this virus, but the entire Trump presidency. You want to talk about insanity, there’s your insanity.
Totally agree Gator. This is purely a political sham.

Totally agree Gator. This is purely a political sham.
I don't disagree that some institutions on either side of the political aisle have a very vested interest in mudslinging, especially during an election year.

I'm not trying to start a confrontation, but I'm genuinely curious:

When global media, networks that are wholly unrelated to Trump or American politics, and who broadcast in languages most Americans can't even understand (such as my local station here in Nagano; think WATE 6 but in Japanese), are similarly critical and treating the situation and its response with the same level of urgency, do you honestly believe it's just some media sham? Apologies if I sound condescending, it's not my intent.

When global media, networks that are wholly unrelated to Trump or American politics, and who broadcast in languages most Americans can't even understand (such as my local station here in Nagano; think WATE 6 but in Japanese), are similarly critical and treating the situation and its response with the same level of urgency, do you honestly believe it's just some media sham? Apologies if I sound condescending, it's not my intent.

Global media is mostly like the vast majority of American media; intensely anti-Trump. The International media takes their cues from the American media.

Otherwise, as others have pointed out, how can you explain the difference between American and international reaction to Corona during Trump, versus H1N1 during Obama?

VN Store

Back