Orange and White game concern...

Global media is mostly like the vast majority of American media; intensely anti-Trump. The International media takes their cues from the American media.

Otherwise, as others have pointed out, how can you explain the difference between American and international reaction to Corona during Trump, versus H1N1 during Obama?

This is very, very untrue. A lot of Japanese media is pro-American regardless of who is in the White House. Japanese people are also extremely apolitical relative to American people and don't give a **** either way typically. However, they're pissed at Abe (rightfully so) for doing nothing about the virus until the IOC threatened to pull the Olympics. Then, and only then, did the government do anything. It has 0 to do with Trump here. Nothing. Zilch. America is not the center of the world for this issue.

I wasn't living abroad during H1N1 (I'm going to venture you weren't either), so I don't know what the difference was. Japan did ban travel from China back then and also imposed heavy travel bans and quarantines in 1918 which led to a lower death rate compared to other Asian countries.

If another Civil War ever breaks out, and that’s not as far-fetched an idea as we’d all like to hope, watch how fast all the fans of teams in the SEC, who thought they hated each other, come together to kick some ass.
The South would fight with guns and the North would fight with female genitalia hats and uhhhh...."other" stuff:)

This is very, very untrue. A lot of Japanese media is pro-American regardless of who is in the White House. Japanese people are also extremely apolitical relative to Americans.

Japan and their media is worried because they’re close to China, they have reason to be freaking out. And I trust the Japanese media about a thousand times more than US media. Most European media is as bad if not worse than US media. That’s who I was referring to mostly when I said International media.

CNN: This is another 9/11.
NBC: This is another Chernobyl.
MSLSD: ARMAGEDDON! LOL

Nah nothing political about all this. Never let a good ole mass panic go to waste.

Dude, my in laws keep Fox News and Rush on a loop, and even they’re holed up. Current family controversy is the demand we accept the excess Purel and Cottonelle they’ve hoarded.

I’d complain, but my arse has never felt so pillowy fresh, nor my hands so ready for surgery.

And when all is said and done watch and see how many point the finger blaming one person or another.

Welcome to politics! That’s pretty much why responsible bartenders don’t allow it or religion to be discussed within earshot.

Reactions: Frozevol
I don't disagree that some institutions on either side of the political aisle have a very vested interest in mudslinging, especially during an election year.

I'm not trying to start a confrontation, but I'm genuinely curious:

When global media, networks that are wholly unrelated to Trump or American politics, and who broadcast in languages most Americans can't even understand (such as my local station here in Nagano; think WATE 6 but in Japanese), are similarly critical and treating the situation and its response with the same level of urgency, do you honestly believe it's just some media sham? Apologies if I sound condescending, it's not my intent.
I totally understand your point of view. I guess what I am saying is that all the liberal U S. media is making this sound like doomsday.When in reality the common flu kills more people annually that any pandemic.I am sure they are trying their hardest to spin this into being Trump's fault.Nothing else they have done has worked so why not try this.😁

Welcome to politics! That’s pretty much why responsible bartenders don’t allow it or religion to be discussed within earshot.

I hate politics because most people can’t have a conversation without getting out of line. I get your point though

Reactions: kcvols1
I totally understand your point of view. I guess what I am saying is that all the liberal U S. media is making this sound like doomsday.When in reality the common flu kills more people annually that any pandemic.I am sure they are trying their hardest to spin this into being Trump's fault.Nothing else they have done has worked so why not try this.😁
Stupid boomers. Lol

Reactions: tn4elvis
This is very, very untrue. A lot of Japanese media is pro-American regardless of who is in the White House. Japanese people are also extremely apolitical relative to American people and don't give a **** either way typically. However, they're pissed at Abe (rightfully so) for doing nothing about the virus until the IOC threatened to pull the Olympics. Then, and only then, did the government do anything. It has 0 to do with Trump here. Nothing. Zilch. America is not the center of the world for this issue.

I wasn't living abroad during H1N1 (I'm going to venture you weren't either), so I don't know what the difference was. Japan did ban travel from China back then and also imposed heavy travel bans and quarantines in 1918 which led to a lower death rate compared to other Asian countries.
The influenza pandemic of 1918/19 altered the World that the world population was vulnerable to outbreaks of new viruses. Health experts around the world knew that every Country in the World needed to have a plan in place to deal with these outbreaks. Therefore Pandemic lance have been in place for over 60 years. These plans are updated when new viruses are detected and information about those new viruses are used to undate the plans. The World Health Organization (WHO) yesterday announced that the Corona virus, CIVID-19 , had reached the pandemic threshold. The action which we have seen over the last 24-36 hours are a result of the WHO's announcement. It is not a polotical decision, but decision based on "the plan". The epidemiology on the virus will determine what happens in the near future. If we can get the politicians out of the picture, the correct decisions will be made and we know what has to be done to control the outbreak. In the meantime, all of us should follow the recommendations of the WHO and the CDC and the FDA.

Y’all wanna see stuff get back to normal with astounding quickness, Trump should cancel ALL elections, including presidential primaries, until further notice. I mean, if it’s not safe to congregate in places with big crowds, it’s certainly not safe for thousands of people to congregate at polling places, right?

If another Civil War ever breaks out, and that’s not as far-fetched an idea as we’d all like to hope, watch how fast all the fans of teams in the SEC, who thought they hated each other, come together to kick some ass.
HAHAHA considering the majority of SEC fans are obese and got the "sugar" I don't see much ass kicking happening. Unless maybe the Molon Labe III% dorks can pack insulin into their 3XL tactical cosplay costumes.

Reactions: Frozevol
HAHAHA considering the majority of SEC fans are obese and got the "sugar" I don't see much ass kicking happening. Unless maybe the Molon Labe III% dorks can pack insulin into their 3XL tactical cosplay costumes.

Meh, maybe a few could shed some pounds, but we have millions of guns. It doesn’t take much to pull a trigger. The other side can’t even figure out which bathroom to use. I’ll take fatback with a .45 over Beto Orourke.

Y’all wanna see stuff get back to normal with astounding quickness, Trump should cancel ALL elections, including presidential primaries, until further notice. I mean, if it’s not safe to congregate in places with big crowds, it’s certainly not safe for thousands of people to congregate at polling places, right?
now thats a good idea

My guess is that since it is really only a scrimmage, the game will probably go on but without any fans in attendance. That's too bad - I was really looking forward to it.
I've always thought it was played for Vol Fans, a scrimmage yes, but one played for the fans-no fans, no reason to play. You're right on, it's too bad-it would have been a good time.

This is a most troubling perspective ... more so due to the large contingency of you who believe this oft' historically repeated blunder could ultimately produce a just solution. Since you wouldn't be "kicking ass" in order to retain humans as slaves, then for what "cause" would you be willing to attack our nation's unity ... If not simply to impose white supremacy? Hopefully you'll study not only our nation's history, but also the histories of at least a few of this world's citizens vs. fellow citizens in bloody conflicts over idealistic disagreements. Better yet. Pray about it. 'Most troubling.

Since you wouldn't be "kicking ass" in order to retain humans as slaves, then for what "cause" would you be willing to attack our nation's unity ... If not simply to impose white supremacy? Hopefully you'll study not only our nation's history, but also the histories of at least a few of this world's citizens vs. fellow citizens in bloody conflicts over idealistic disagreements. Better yet. Pray about it. 'Most troubling.

Rarely has a post had so many troubling, racist assumptions. You assume my race and ethnicity, you also incorrectly assume which side of slavery I, and people who think like me, would come down on. I belong to the party of Lincoln, we know which side he was on.

It’s your mindset, someone who makes rash, incorrect assumptions, and culturally appropriates that men and women in SEC country are white supremacists and by association, retroactively in favor of slavery. Your mindset is awful and dangerous. So troubling. Hopefully you’ll delete that post.

VN Store

Back