Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy interviewed by Currie

Currie is just playing to the fans now. Will come back with, see! I tried to hire a big name but no one would listen to me.

Kiffin is unquestionably a better hire.

Dude has been at OK St forever, and has never done anything spectacular.

If he tries to run things the same way here as OK St, he will fail miserably. Fielding an 11 player defense isn't optional in the SEC.

If he takes defense seriously, I wouldn't hate the hire.

Not a hire I would turn my fan card in over, at least.

Oddly enough, I think Mullen is a way better fit here, and I think Gundy is a way better fit at Florida.

Gundy has been the coach at his alma mater for 13 seasons, racking up a 113-53 record. He’s helped Oklahoma State reach 11 consecutive bowl games, which will be extended to 12 next weekend when the next round of bowl games are announced. Gundy’s 2010 team nearly reached the national championship that season but were upset by Iowa State in the regular season finale, sending Alabama into a rematch against LSU in the BCS title game that season.

Prior to becoming a head coach, Gundy coached under legendary Tennessee coach Johnny Majors.

Report: Tennessee now pursuing Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy

Redirect Notice

Last edited:
I’d love Gundy but...

Gundy isn’t coming. He’s going to turn us down again and get another raise. While making us look even worse.

agree with you. just don't get the poo pooing of the possibility he'd be a coach here.

Reactions: 1 person
Gundy has been the coach at his alma mater for 13 seasons, racking up a 113-53 record. He’s helped Oklahoma State reach 11 consecutive bowl games, which will be extended to 12 next weekend when the next round of bowl games are announced. Gundy’s 2010 team nearly reached the national championship that season but were upset by Iowa State in the regular season finale, sending Alabama into a rematch against LSU in the BCS title game that season.

Prior to becoming a head coach, Gundy coached under legendary Tennessee coach Johnny Majors.

Report: Tennessee now pursuing Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy
Gundy would do fine at UT. That ain't the problem. the problem is he played UT last go around to get a raise and extension, intentionally leaking his interview so OkSU AD would know.

The fact that Currie is tone deaf to this is as troubling as the Schiano attempt.

why don't we back up a truck and try to get Peterson from Washington?

He was probably more likely before Sunday when he realized what a s*&#show our "search committee" was.

Having said that, he probably wasn't likely unless the rumors were true that his people reached out to ours, and even at that with Currie having the pedo enabler in his pocket, he wasn't listening anyway.

I seriously doubt the validity of this, but if true, Gundy has proven so much more as a coach then Kiffin. OSU is not an easy place to win. You guys need to get a grip.

Lock him up

Reactions: 1 person
No way we get Gundy. Florida made a run at him and failed, and that's a more attractive job right now.

My thoughts exactly. What happened to keeping it close to the vest? Oh that's right. He only did that so he could try to shove the Schiano hire down our throats before we knew what happened. Now he's leaking the names of a handful of guys that everybody knows will never come here, to make it look like he's doing his job before he removes the interim tag from Hoke. Lazy!

If Hoke is made HC, the stadium will have 50,000 people in it max for the next 3-4 years

Tee and Kiffin both absenct from that list. This is just another middle finger from Currie and the Haslams to the fans.

I really don't know much about his OSU squad (if they're losing a bunch or players or not next year) but he is going to lose a big critical piece in Mason Rudolph. If there were ever a time a coach might leave is when you're losing your best QB.

VN Store

Back