Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy interviewed by Currie

Offense would be fun to watch but the guy can’t field a defense to save his life. Doubt he would take the job right now either

Am I the only one that thinks this would be a really good hire?

no, but i agree with DG and beecher....he's not leaving TBoone Pickens to work for Jimmy Haslam. he'll just squeeze TBP for some more cash, call it a day.

Reactions: 2 people
Gundy isn't that bad guys. May not be Gruden but based on other possibilities as we've seen... I'll take what I can get... especially if it's a coach at a ranked team

Reactions: 1 person
7-8 people have either said no or declined interest....or were prevented from being hired.... and we're now going to poo poo Gundy? Miles? Kiffin?

situational awareness people. we're fast approaching the land of "you don't have a choice"....

I’d love Gundy but...

Gundy isn’t coming. He’s going to turn us down again and get another raise. While making us look even worse.

They are telling us the interviewees now?

My thoughts exactly. What happened to keeping it close to the vest? Oh that's right. He only did that so he could try to shove the Schiano hire down our throats before we knew what happened. Now he's leaking the names of a handful of guys that everybody knows will never come here, to make it look like he's doing his job before he removes the interim tag from Hoke. Lazy!

Gundy takes the interview leverages more money from Pickens. He's not working for Haslem.

Not that I believe anything he says, but Tifwiw, Finebaum just said Gundy wouldn't work for Currie. I wasn't paying close enough attention to catch why.

I can't believe people are *****ing about Gundy. I'd take him over most names I'm hearing. Though I think he is just playing us for a raise to be honest.

Hell yeah. He's done well at OK State especially in what I think is the most difficult conference. I would fully expect to be playing in SEC Championships w Gundy as coach.

Gundy must be looking for another raise from T. Boone Pickens.

This a "see we tried to get big fish" deal. Is he a Sexton client? Quid pro quo...we help Sexton/Gundy get a raise...he doesn't screw us too bad on the Schiano payoff. I still think he also interviewed Morris while there.

My thoughts exactly. What happened to keeping it close to the vest? Oh that's right. He only did that so he could try to shove the Schiano hire down our throats before we knew what happened. Now he's leaking the names of a handful of guys that everybody knows will never come here, to make it look like he's doing his job before he removes the interim tag from Hoke. Lazy!

I fear this is accurate

Nailed it!

Gundy has been the coach at his alma mater for 13 seasons, racking up a 113-53 record. He’s helped Oklahoma State reach 11 consecutive bowl games, which will be extended to 12 next weekend when the next round of bowl games are announced. Gundy’s 2010 team nearly reached the national championship that season but were upset by Iowa State in the regular season finale, sending Alabama into a rematch against LSU in the BCS title game that season.

Prior to becoming a head coach, Gundy coached under legendary Tennessee coach Johnny Majors.

Report: Tennessee now pursuing Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy

Why in the hell would they leak this to the state media when it's very obvious he's just fishing for a raise? Good lord, just when you think the administration can't get more incompetent...

VN Store

Back