Oklahoma News

Always hate to see kids get injured, it's the worst part of sports. It really hurts them I feel. Pruitt and our D are going to give them major problems I think. They'll run some of the same stuff ironically as Ga St did with the only difference being that they have elite athletes and more of them than GS. We'll see if Coach Pruitt is the defensive genius many believe him to be. Our D is stacked!

I keep reading on this site that games are won in the trenches. With them losing a qb to graduation or whatever and losing a few receivers,
how does that affect the game if it is won in the trenches? Our offense is not the best around, we may only score 6 points.

Oklahoma is a top 5 team. We are getting a little over confident sounds like.

There is something wrong with Oklahoma's schedule this year. They play Baylor a week before Texas instead of usual bye and OK State is two weeks later instead of at end of season.

No rivalry game at end of season.

This season may come down to depth. With Spring Training and S&C in the toilet or self-paced, this could be an awful year NCAA-wide for injuries.

Our depth is much better than two years ago. But teams like Georgia and Bama are deeper. Teams like LSU that just graduated a huge class of Srs./Jrs to the draft, will be more vulnerable.

I keep reading on this site that games are won in the trenches. With them losing a qb to graduation or whatever and losing a few receivers,
how does that affect the game if it is won in the trenches? Our offense is not the best around, we may only score 6 points.

Oklahoma is a top 5 team. We are getting a little over confident sounds like.
Their offense was top 5 their defense was top 30 at best. Our defense is probably the same level as their offense this year. Both teams return 16 starters 8/8. Problem for us is our offense vs their defense. We got slightly better last year as compared to the year before. We need a QB that can throw to the receiver in stride. I fully expect our offensive line take a leap forward and that will help out our run game. CJP will not be looking ahead to the Oklahoma game this year bc of what happened last year. And Oklahoma is breaking in a new QB. It'll be nice to see an Offensive head coach vs a Defensive head coach go at it in Norman.

This season may come down to depth. With Spring Training and S&C in the toilet or self-paced, this could be an awful year NCAA-wide for injuries.

Our depth is much better than two years ago. But teams like Georgia and Bama are deeper. Teams like LSU that just graduated a huge class of Srs./Jrs to the draft, will be more vulnerable.
I agree with this

The hardest part about winning this game is getting Oklahoma to Participate. Wussy Coach doesn't WANT to play this game; he Knows he has a good shot at Losing to Tennessee. I think the Vols could line up and run it down their throats. Watch OKIE back out; with the Virus as the reason.

Reactions: CR-vol
Outside of a collapse like a few years ago, would you be disappointed in Pruitt and Co if UT loses this game?
I honestly think I would. I know there's going to be similar teams trotting out there, but with the surge of the UT defense and at least UT will (likely) trot out an experienced QB behind one of the best OL out there, IMO, this is year 3 and the type of game UT has to win or it will probably mean another 7 or 8 win season.
Im not expecting Pruitt to beat Bama, Georgia or even Florida (altho how successful is a season losing to all 3) but a 9 win season, which is my expectation for Pruitt, likely has to have a win in Norman.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Gloom Despair & Agony on Me. The Players that will play Football are working out RIGHT NOW. They missed the Spring; which is basically a bunch of drills and a meaningless halfhearted game. 4 weeks of Fall Camp and a couple of scrimmages will be adequate. These guys are serious athletes; they are constantly honing their craft. Those that aren't; won't be playing. You can bet the Tennessee Training staff has been in Constant Communication with the Players they are counting on.

Yeah but their defense was horrible last season...We have a legit shot at knocking them off in norman….We do that and the entire country takes notice....Big big game.

Their defense had some bad games, but overall they weren’t that bad. In the regular season they played 10 P5 opponents and held 5 of them to under 21 points. Compare that to UT, we played 9 P5 teams in the regular season and held 4 to under 21.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back