Oklahoma News

1) I can’t predict the future
2) if a QBs throws for 400 on the road and wins conference player of the week he probably won you the game
3) we lost the BYU game because of his play
4)Maurers play at KY was about as bad as Peterman in 2013 in Gainesville. We wouldn’t have won that game without JG.
5) the original poster said JG won 1 important road game
6) myself....and several others have argued that it’s at least 3
7) you keep interjecting other facts into the conversation that I never brought up....and I’m honestly not sure why we’re still arguing.

....Just for the record. Scrub or no, are you arguing that the Missouri /KY games weren’t important????
1) You can predict the future. Just like I can. We just can’t see into the future. My bad.
2)Probably another QB on the team probably could have gotten us the win too. I’m glad he was able to help us win.
3)We lost the BYU game due to a late blunder by our defense. We were in a position to win. He helped get us to that position.
4)There you go predicting(That’s the cause of #1.) alternate pasts. Another player could have stepped up at QB if JG was unavailable. I’m glad he was and was able to help us win.
5)All games are important, so beating scrub teams on the road count as important too. But could we have do it without JG? We can never know.
6)It is 3 road wins. 1 against a real team and 2 vs scrubs. They are all important so by default it’s 3 important road wins.
7)You insist on saying we would have won without JG. Just like you say you can’t predict the future, you should say you can’t predict alternate pasts.

To say we wouldn’t have won without him is “exactly the same but different”, than being a fortune teller.

There is a chance we would have won even without him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
We used to be known as WRU I'd like to see that happen again
I agree I hope our receivers have a great year but I would like to go back to the day we were known as having the best OL coach in the SEC. And our OL would maul you the entire game - then with 9 minutes on the clock in the 4th quarter and the Vols leading by a field goal would have a 7:30 drive and score. What's the saying...Fatigue makes cowards of us all! I miss those days and I'm hoping this OL can develop into that!

1) You can predict the future. Just like I can. We just can’t see into the future. My bad.
2)Probably another QB on the team probably could have gotten us the win too. I’m glad he was able to help us win.
3)We lost the BYU game due to a late blunder by our defense. We were in a position to win. He helped get us to that position.
4)There you go predicting(That’s the cause of #1.) alternate pasts. Another player could have stepped up at QB if JG was unavailable. I’m glad he was and was able to help us win.
5)All games are important, so beating scrub teams on the road count as important too. But could we have do it without JG? We can never know.
6)It is 3 road wins. 1 against a real team and 2 vs scrubs. They are all important so by default it’s 3 important road wins.
7)You insist on saying we would have won without JG. Just like you say you can’t predict the future, you should say you can’t predict alternate pasts.

To say we wouldn’t have won without him is “exactly the same but different”, than being a fortune teller.

There is a chance we would have won even without him.

Scrub or not. He threw for 400 on the road, and got us bowl eligible in a freezing rain/ with a broken hand. He also saved us at Kentucky on the road, which is 3 big road performances not 1.
It wasn't raining and I'm not even sure it was below 32.

That Mizzou game was a total anomaly.

Reactions: 08Vol
Vols win in Norman
Well lets win the first game first, but OK is still ahead of us. I think we can upset them but it will be a mighty task to do. Some friends in Vegas says the line was gonna start at OK by 10 but was then lowered. Don't do much gambling but Vegas is not wrong to often. Hope we beat the odds but this team has two more years to go before we can be compared to OK. Anyway as always GO BIG ORANGE

It wasn't raining and I'm not even sure it was below 32.

That Mizzou game was a total anomaly.

Ok. So he threw for 400 yards in dry, 33 degree weather, on the road with a broken hand. That’s my bad. Also, no one said it wasn’t an anomaly.The point .....for the 12th time is that he’s won more than one big game on the road.

Last edited:
The kid tore his ACL (Haselwood)

That sucks! I want to beat OU. But, I'd never wish this kinda **** on any team. Even The Gators.
Anywho, it's OU. They have a stable of 4 and 5 star players.

Ok. So he threw for 400 yards in dry, 33 degree weather, on the road with a broken hand. That’s my bad. Also, no one said it wasn’t an anomaly.The point .....for the 12th time is that he’s won more than one big game on the road.
Maybe he performs better, on the road, because there are fewer UT fans shouting horrible **** at him. Just sayin'.

I keep reading on this site that games are won in the trenches. With them losing a qb to graduation or whatever and losing a few receivers,
how does that affect the game if it is won in the trenches? Our offense is not the best around, we may only score 6 points.

Oklahoma is a top 5 team. We are getting a little over confident sounds like.

We have a pretty stout trench in the O-Line.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
If it was up to coach Riley he would cancel the season because he’s apparently an expert on Covid.

He has obviously been soaking up all that Fouci fear. The death rate is about 1% and those are older compromised patients. Quarantine the sick; TREAT Them, and Get this Country Moving again.

I keep reading on this site that games are won in the trenches. With them losing a qb to graduation or whatever and losing a few receivers,
how does that affect the game if it is won in the trenches? Our offense is not the best around, we may only score 6 points.

U can score 21 on OU's defense by mistake. They were even worse then our offense was last year. U are right about them being one of the top programs in the country. Im almost certain there is another really good player that can step in. Its not a given that we will walk into a top 10 road game and win running away. It also isnt a guaranteed L. They got a guy starting his 1st game against the most talented and deep defensive unit that Pruitt has had at TN. They lost one of the best Wr's in the country to the draft and lost his replacement to injury. They also lost the best 2 players that they had on that atrocious defense. I like our matchup with our oline against their defensive front and i like our matchup with Pruitt & Ansley vs a qb starting his 1st game without his best weapon. GBFO!!! #BeatBoomer#

Well lets win the first game first, but OK is still ahead of us. I think we can upset them but it will be a mighty task to do. Some friends in Vegas says the line was gonna start at OK by 10 but was then lowered. Don't do much gambling but Vegas is not wrong to often. Hope we beat the odds but this team has two more years to go before we can be compared to OK. Anyway as always GO BIG ORANGE
Honestly I agree. Just pumping out the sunshine lol. Do think it's very possible still if we are well prepared at beginning of next season.

TOP 5 TEAM??
They weren't a top 5 team in reality last year! And they lost Jalen Hurts Cee Dee Lamb and all their best defenders! LSU could have put 100 points on them in that semifinal...

They're not a top 5 team in the SEC probably.

Bama
UGA
LSU
UF
Tennessee
Auburn
Oklahoma

In that order.

Reactions: JohnWardForever

VN Store

Back