Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

Anyone want to venture a guess about how the divisions would be aligned??

Once again wee little Nicky gets whatever he wants.
9 conference games.
Most logical geographically would be the following. Also would be semi balanced:

West
TX
A&M
LSU
OU
Mizzou
Arky
Ole Miss
MSU

East
TN
Vandy
KY
SC
UGA
UF
Bama
Auburn

Play 7 inter division games each year and 1 or 2 cross division games.

I personally hope UT comes out top of the class, because they have been through the "BOG OF SORROW" already, and because i was born in Tennessee/Alabama rivalry. You better recognize that Alabama does not have a pro team. Alabama is Alabama's pro team.

I remember years ago that people in Oklahoma said that their state legislature would never let OU change conferences unless OState went with them. Maybe that has changed?

Most logical geographically would be the following. Also would be semi balanced:

West
TX
A&M
LSU
OU
Mizzou
Arky
Ole Miss
MSU

East
TN
Vandy
KY
SC
UGA
UF
Bama
Auburn

Play 7 inter division games each year and 1 or 2 cross division games.

This would also preserve UT/Bama, UGA/Auburn. Plus brings back Texas/TAMU. Puts Mizzou back in the West with their old rivals.
Would like to see 9 conference games. That way, you could play all 8 teams in the other division every four years. Each team could still have two cupcake team non conference games and one competitive non conference game. That would preserve traditional games like UF/FSU, USC/Clem, UGA/Tech, UK/ UofL.

The New West:
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Missouri
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

Awesome East
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Tennessee
Florida
Kentucky
South Carolina
Vanderbilt

Lets all remember a couple of things here. This new expanded conference is certainly about money and having more power in placing as many entrants into the 12 team playoffs.......however, to go thru 9 conference games is lunacy in my book. Injuries would rise significantly, you will have more good teams with 3 and 4 losses that will devalue them in picking the 12 playoff teams, and such a system will simply magnify the outrageous money the bottom half schools in the conference are spending JUST TO PUT A SEMI-COMPETITIVE team on the field. This sounds like a poorly thought-out idea. I don't like it.

4 divisions.
Play all division teams and a rotation of two from each of the other divisions. 9 conferences games in all.

The two highest conference ranked teams play for the SEC title. Tie breakers can be hashed out.

North:
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
South Carolina

East:
Georgia
Auburn
Florida
Alabama

South:
LSU
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Mississippi

West:
Texas
Oklahoma
Missouri
Texas A&M

Everyone plays ever team every two years.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpfvol and murfvol1
There has long been a rumor that Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and more recently Texas A&M have agreed to band together to block , Florida State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Louisville and Texas from joining the conference.

I have no idea if this is true, but would that be enough votes to block it?

Say goodbye to playing big time OOC games. Those OOC games would have to be against cupcakes
Maybe but you could also say that only 1 non super conference game is allowed per year. Then the other 2 would be against ACC/Big10/Pac12. Plus you would already play Texas and Oklahoma every few years. Lots of possibilities.

Reactions: vols 30
I predicted 10 years ago, we were headed to 4 super conferences of 20 teams each. would allow for more "playoff" teams..

Each conference would have 4 divisions of 5 teams each.

Each division winner would be in playoff to determine the 4 conference champions which would make up the final 4 playoff for the over all Champion.

Of course the same format would work with 4 conferences of 16 teams each.

This sounds pretty interesting......I like it at first glance.

VN Store

Back