Oklahoma and Texas have reached out to join the SEC (allegedly)

So, let me get this straight - the SEC East effectively becomes the SEC Classic and the SEC West morphs into the Big 12 Lite with LSU as the SEC gatekeeper for the Big 12 teams? Making the SEC Championship game an SEC-Big 12 battle?

Think about it. The SEC East would have South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Kentucky. That's basically the SEC right there. It's almost like getting the old SEC back, except there's a play in game with the Big 12 to get to the CFP.

Last edited:
Reactions: spyfish007
Why not add Oklahoma State, Miami. Florida State, and Clemson as well.
That would make 5 teams in each division.

NIL.

Suddenly Texas and Oklahoma see the wisdom in being in the most televised conference. NIL is changing everything. The SEC advantage is going to get even bigger and Texas and Oklahoma likely see the writing on the wall. Not that Texas won't bring in big bucks as well, but they'd bring in even more in the SEC and they know it.

Reactions: VolNExile
16 team conference would be odd. Would also have to move Auburn and another west team to East IF it does happen. Doubt it. A weird time for this report, and don’t worry the SEC will make sure we play bama no matter what lol.
The other team would likely be Alabama. That would be a nightmare for Georgia and Florida, but would even the playing field for the east.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
So, let me get this straight - the SEC East effectively becomes the SEC Classic and the SEC West morphs into the Big 12 Lite with LSU as the SEC gatekeeper for the Big 12 teams? Making the SEC Championship game an SEC-Big 12 battle?

Think about it. The SEC East would have South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Kentucky. That's basically the SEC right there. It's almost like getting the old SEC back, except there's a play in game with the Big 12 to get to the CFP.
I think I like it.

Ok on the possibility of Texas and OU joining, I would welcome it...Man the excitement they would bring and it would bring a lot more money to the conference...Plus start up some interesting new rivals...UT vs UT...How could anyone not be excited about seeing that?!...UGA would most certainly get the short end of the stick as they are finally getting good and now these two powerhouses join up and make their lives hell even more. lol...It would be hilarious!

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC would cause massive shockwaves across college football. The SEC is already rolling in cash and gets its pick of major bowl games + CFP chances.

How could Tennessee possibly ever benefit from this? I hope it flops hard.

VN Store

Back