Okay, for real: what, exactly, is wrong with Fulky?

COVID not only zaps energy. It’s unknown if it can cause permanent damage to lungs, even in young people. Fulk needs to take the rest of this season off if he wants to. I was surprised to see that he has not missed ANY games this year. Warrior. VFL. But idiots will be in the game thread tomorrow slamming him as soon as he makes a mistake.

You got that right. It's why I spend less time on boards. It's not just this board

His temporary regression is solely based on the virus. Thinking his skills have diminished is extremely short sided. His lack of energy and explosive attributes are apparent. Understand nuance?[/QUOTE
Temporary “regression”, there, you see it isn’t that hard to admit

COVID not only zaps energy. It’s unknown if it can cause permanent damage to lungs, even in young people. Fulk needs to take the rest of this season off if he wants to. I was surprised to see that he has not missed ANY games this year. Warrior. VFL. But idiots will be in the game thread tomorrow slamming him as soon as he makes a mistake.

Apologist 101.

Maybe he just isn't as good as you want him to be?

Tired of people making excuses for him, if he’s hurt get off the floor, if not stop getting pushed all over the floor and flopping like a fish out of water.

And I’m tired of armchair warriors bashing a guy while he plays thru injury and illness, gives his absolute best, and at least according to Barnes, gives us the best chance to win in his 20 to 30 minutes per game. Dumb look to bash Fulky or any player without knowing their physical or mental state.

Reflect on this: Chris Lofton’s production fell his Sr. year, and after the season it became public that he was dealing with cancer and cancer treatment. NOT implying Fulky has cancer. Just advising against bashing a guy from your couch and keyboard without being in his shoes.

Maybe Coach Barnes goes with four guards and Pons in the middle to start against Auburn tomorrow afternoon and let Fulkerson get some rest.

Reactions: Lankykong
Apologist 101.

Maybe he just isn't as good as you want him to be?
I hear usually 2nd team All Conference guys average 8 pts and 4 rebounds the next year during conference play without anything going on and are widely considered the most disappointing player on their team. Happens every year. Definitely the average result and it’s because they’re bad players.

Maybe Coach Barnes goes with four guards and Pons in the middle to start against Auburn tomorrow afternoon and let Fulkerson get some rest.

I think that is the best rotation. Pons and Fulk share time at the post, throw in Olivier if they need to go a little bigger, and rotate JJJ and Keon as the 4th guard or power forward/4.

I think that is the best rotation. Pons and Fulk share time at the post, throw in Olivier if they need to go a little bigger, and rotate JJJ and Keon as the 4th guard or power forward/4.
I agree, that article by Will Warren was pretty convincing and it would improve our spacing

If you watch Fulk, he seems to have a persistent cough during games. Not hacking, but a mild cough during stoppage in play and in huddles. Could be after effect of Covid

Whatever it is, he cannot catch or handle a basketball. He looks like a one armed paper hanger fighting with the thing any time someone feeds him in the post or he goes for a rebound.

Reactions: OllVol
Just going to keep this as real as I can and probably offend some:

He’s not that good, Had a magical run last year but not who he is... a la Jeremy Lin.

Sorry.

Whatever it is, he cannot catch or handle a basketball. He looks like a one armed paper hanger fighting with the thing any time someone feeds him in the post or he goes for a rebound.
I agree and instead of boxing out on rebounds he spends his time 'arm fighting' guys. You box out with your butt, not your forearms. Then he flops and flails. Ugly to watch.

It's definitely an energy issue. Someone on here said he had his wisdom teeth extracted a few weeks ago. If true, that could be a major factor.

That would be more believable had he not shown flashes of that kind of production/play previously
He had a sustained terrific performance over the last 15 games last season. If he showed that over the last 7 weeks, he is plenty capable of doing it again. I’m not sure how those that are saying he’s just no good come to that conclusion. This year he’s been off for sure, but probably due to no fault of his own.

So many theories, & maybe truth in several. I've heard several commentators remark that opposing teams are defensing Fulky so as to prevent his "signature" moves. It's also been mentioned he's been manhandled & fouled a lot (without getting the calls). That might be, or maybe he just needs to go to Litton's for a big piece of Red Velvet cake.

Attachments

• Litton's red velvet cake.jpg
    Litton's red velvet cake.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
While viruses can affect different people in different ways, I think the "CV explanation" is unlikely. Most people, especially the younger population, recover quite well. I certainly haven't had complaints from my athletic patients about persistent fatigue or muscle loss beyond the acute infection, although I only have kids through high school. My friends and I have all bounced back within a couple of weeks, and we aren't Spring chickens!

I really think he's just been beaten silly and has run out of gas. If you focus on him, he gets absolutely manhandled in the post/paint. I know he lost some weight (after wisdom teeth?) and that's not helping. It's really hard for guys to gain during the season. He also has a somewhat limited skillset, and it's just a bad combination of factors.

All that being said, Fulky has been one of my favorite players to watch and seems to be an all-around good dude. I would certainly love to see him return to form.

Last edited:
Tired of people making excuses for him, if he’s hurt get off the floor, if not stop getting pushed all over the floor and flopping like a fish out of water.
he Has been the guy on the marquee and in come these freshman...I think a bit of it is woe-is-me attitude, but I’m sure COVID doesn’t help.

I
he Has been the guy on the marquee and in come these freshman...I think a bit of it is woe-is-me attitude, but I’m sure COVID doesn’t help.
absolutely agree, I wonder if Barnes can’t sense that

Reactions: vol05
His temporary regression is solely based on the virus. Thinking his skills have diminished is extremely short sided. His lack of energy and explosive attributes are apparent. Understand nuance?
That very well could be true but his regression goes past physical plays. He's making a lot of mental mistakes that are not related.

I'm not saying that covid isn't a factor especially physically but thats not the whole story.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

VN Store

Back