Okay, for real: what, exactly, is wrong with Fulky?

DowntownVol

Stylin' and Profilin'
(SIAP, but...) He's not the same player as he was last year. Granted, he played out of his mind toward the end of last year and we could reasonably expect some regression to the mean, but... yeah. I know he was nursing a thumb injury early in the season, but that seems to have healed. Is he a COVID "long hauler"? Something else going on with him injury-wise?

(SIAP, but...) He's not the same player as he was last year. Granted, he played out of his mind toward the end of last year and we could reasonably expect some regression to the mean, but... yeah. I know he was nursing a thumb injury early in the season, but that seems to have healed. Is he a COVID "long hauler"? Something else going on with him injury-wise?
I think Covid. There was a 247 article yesterday where Barnes spoke about long term effects of Covid fatigue on the team.

Last edited:
He lost his blue collar work ethic. Remember when he would scrap for the loose balls and get easy put backs? That aspect of his game has largely disappeared. He's also soft in the interior so he gets pushed around. Need to bring back the mustache ASAP!

To be honest I believe he has been dealing with injuries and he has been beaten to death physically on the inside by much larger players. Under normal circumstances I think he should have been taken out of the lineup for at least a month to heal some but this is his final season and I am sure he wants to play. JMO

To be honest I believe he has been dealing with injuries and he has been beaten to death physically on the inside by much larger players. Under normal circumstances I think he should have been taken out of the lineup for at least a month to heal some but this is his final season and I am sure he wants to play. JMO
Was he not playing the same big strong players last year?

Reactions: walkenvol
Fulkerson is dealing with injuries that have cut down on his effectiveness.

I'm not saying that COVID and the unique circumstances are not a factor, but Fulk has proven to be overall inconsistent throughout his career. Even under normal circumstances, he may have still shown signs of regression.

Before last season started, I said Fulk and Bowden could be the biggest difference makers, but I don't trust either of them. I am surprised at Fulk's relatively poor play, but far from shocked.

I am sure he was but that means nothing. A person might beat on you daily for a year and you can take it but eventually those beatings are going to cause lasting effects and a person needs time to recoup.
Season doesn’t last a year

He's been injured I think ever since the first Florida game where, if I'm not mistaken, one of the Florida players fell on top of him. Which hurt his hand. Ever since then there has been at least one closeup a game, just about, of him holding his hand and grimacing. Covid I'm sure also maybe played a part and fatigue. Also, last game I think I recall hearing one of the announcers talk about him saying there was something they couldn't say publicly about what's going on with him. At least I'm pretty sure they were talking about him, so maybe there is something extra going on that none of us really know about.

I would bet Covid. Not the same energy as before.

throw in a hand and wrist injury to boot
Yeah, I would bet he had the corona virus as well. You can have a mild case, but a lingering symptom of zapped energy can linger. You can tell by his demeanor. Hopefully, at some point in the near future, that symptom will disappear. Quite frankly, his energy has been his greatest asset as a player up until this season. The comments of regression are silly and ill informed

Due to covid, he can come back next year if he wants to. I think he is banged up and covid zapped him and he hasn’t been given any games off. I hope with another offseason, he can come back for one more run looking like the fulkerson of last season.

Yeah, I would bet he had the corona virus as well. You can have a mild case, but a lingering symptom of zapped energy can linger. You can tell by his demeanor. Hopefully, at some point in the near future, that symptom will disappear. Quite frankly, his energy has been his greatest asset as a player up until this season. The comments of regression are silly and ill informed
If you can’t see his regression your eyes have regressed

Reactions: OllVol
COVID not only zaps energy. It’s unknown if it can cause permanent damage to lungs, even in young people. Fulk needs to take the rest of this season off if he wants to. I was surprised to see that he has not missed ANY games this year. Warrior. VFL. But idiots will be in the game thread tomorrow slamming him as soon as he makes a mistake.

VN Store

Back