Ok, Williams is back now, keep S. Pearl on the friggin bench...

agree or disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He won a medal in the jewish games, i do not think the competition is very high.

Just because you think Jews are an inferior race doesn't mean it's true. In any case, Stephen Pearl earned his gold medal and has earned his playing time at UT.

Just because you think Jews are an inferior race doesn't mean it's true. In any case, Stephen Pearl earned his gold medal and has earned his playing time at UT.

Any playing time he's "earned" is entirely due to the idiocy of some of his teammates.

Any playing time he's "earned" is entirely due to the idiocy of some of his teammates.

Which is not his fault in the least. Stephen Pearl isn't the reason we have guys who aren't playing hard, or the reason why we had players who decided to go out smoking weed with illegal guns in the car.

As long as we have players like that, then the guy who plays hard and doesn't embarrass the school is going to need to play.

You people are crazy. Bench Pearl? Why? Because he plays hard and takes fouls? Good Lord. If you are so hell bent on benching someone, bench Scottie Hopson. Yeah, Pearl has 4 made shots this season.....out of 6 shots. Get off of him. He is the LEAST of our problems right now, at least he is trying.

Seriously, SP is the problem with our team? What in the hell are you people watching? Are you insane? Yes, I agree he isn't that great, but neither him or CBP put it out there that he is that good. He doesn't start, he doesn't even play that many minutes. Maybe if the players who take up scholarships decided they gave a damn about trying to take good shots and rebound, SP wouldn't have to play.

It's getting so old, it's not SP's fault we are losing games. At least he plays with heart and gives his all for Tennessee, wish I could say the same for a lot of other players on the team.

Great post...couldn't agree more. Should we really be ridiculing this kid for not possessing the God-given talent Hopson has (in theory), despite the fact he plays his heart out every second he's on the floor? He knows he's not the most talented guy on the team by any stretch, but he understands his role...I don't see him jacking-up 3s he has no business taking (can't say that about a good number of our guys).

Seriously we can't hit free throws and we can't beat a 2-3 zone. Those are the problems. I hope Pearl gets some recruits who have fundamentals coming in. Crash courses never work out so well.

Pearl Jr. earned his way out there and has not played that bad at all.
Bruce has not given him anything that he has not given another player and he won't take away playing time from a player who is earning it

JMO
I agree, I am sure he has paid his dues.

You might consider checking your facts.

Additionally, you take your 3 Stevies and I'll take the other 3 and never, ever, ever lose to you.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
I am a fan and I want the best team in the game to result the best chance for a win.

While several team members were involved in the legal system and the others were grabbing thier boot straps and working together to go on and get results. Those kids that beat Kansas are the true heros and players.

Many young athletes are put into situations that they dont know right from wrong. They also practice bad judgement and leave the mess for the University to clean up.

Would love to see NCAA creating rules for athletes. Example a 4 year scholorship athlete grades fail or arrested. They are responsible for paying back ALL Scholorship monies or loose them ALL. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. That way they know the rules and it is not a university decision it is a NCAA one. Keep the Grey out of rules. The university owes it to the kids to help them (Baby sit).

While several team members were involved in the legal system and the others were grabbing thier boot straps and working together to go on and get results. Those kids that beat Kansas are the true heros and players.

Some "fans" will never appreciate how much heart McBee, Pearl, and Bone displayed in the win over the #1 team in America. Nothing is ever good enough. I would've liked to have seen Williams, Goins, and Tatum stripped of their scholarships and seen them given to the McBee, Pearl, and Bone.

As it stands, were going to watch our team be ridiculed as "convicts" today on national TV even though we have around a dozen student-athletes on the team who represent our university with class, heart, and courage.

I would proudly take a whole team of Stephen Pearls over a whole team that misses several games in a row over being incarcerated. I'm proud of Pearl's contributions to our 18 wins!

I agree. Pearl is outperforming Woolrige, imo.

What are the two biggest issues on this team right now? Scoring, and rebounding. Stephen Pearl is not capable of scoring in a division one basketball game. He cannot shoot, he cannot drive, and he has no post moves. Woolridge can at least catch an alley oop and hit the occasional three. As far as rebounding Pearl is bad at boxing out and cannot compete for 50/50 balls with other SEC forwards. He literally brings nothing to the table. Comparing him to Woolridge(who has legitimate size and an outside shot) or Mcbee(who can shoot a little bit and has shown the ability to break a defense down and make a pass) is laughable.

If Stevie's last name was Williams he wouldn't have even got on the floor for Pearl's Milwaukee teams. Dane Bradshaw is an athletic dynamo compared to him.

I just find it laughable that this nepotism gets a pass when I'm sure Cannington or one of the other bench warmers would "try hard" too. He plays because his dad is the coach. Period.

VN Store

Back