Ok, Williams is back now, keep S. Pearl on the friggin bench...

agree or disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I believe that Pearl's minutes should go down I don't agree that they should stop all together. The heart he shows and his defense are of a GREAT VALUE! I don't think that the offense should flow through him AT ALL but at key points his defense has kept this team in games and his fouls have kept others from getting into trouble.

The OP is closer with his comments on JP, but not completely correct. Prince is much more valuable driving the lane and either getting to the line or having the chance to score. His decisions and shot selections are VERY questionable alot of the time but he "should" be able to hit an open mid range jumper, but once again his defense has kept us in games and maybe in the Kansas game helped to win it. Bruce does need to work with JP about his decision making and his leadership.

Free throws SUCK across the board so these two are not the soul problem there, the whole team needs to start over on free throws and regroup.

You people are crazy. Bench Pearl? Why? Because he plays hard and takes fouls? Good Lord. If you are so hell bent on benching someone, bench Scottie Hopson. Yeah, Pearl has 4 made shots this season.....out of 6 shots. Get off of him. He is the LEAST of our problems right now, at least he is trying.

Seriously, SP is the problem with our team? What in the hell are you people watching? Are you insane? Yes, I agree he isn't that great, but neither him or CBP put it out there that he is that good. He doesn't start, he doesn't even play that many minutes. Maybe if the players who take up scholarships decided they gave a damn about trying to take good shots and rebound, SP wouldn't have to play.

It's getting so old, it's not SP's fault we are losing games. At least he plays with heart and gives his all for Tennessee, wish I could say the same for a lot of other players on the team.

:clapping:

The question is, who else do we play besides Pearl? The only reason he is playing increased minutes is because of our depth issues.

Like I've said before, I don't have a problem with Pearl on the defensive end, but on the offensive end he just needs to go stand in the corner by himself.

I don't know if anyone has been paying much attention lately, but NOBODY on this team has been playing with much heart or desire. I agree completely that Steven Pearl is horrible, but at least the kid is out their busting his tail off. Maybe Scotty, JP, Maze could try playing with a little passion and maybe we won't get embarrassed on National Television anymore.

It doesn't matter that he tries hard and gives alot of effort, hell you put a UT jersey on anyone and they will do that, it does not make them a good basketball player. Steven needs to stop and realize he is not a SEC basketball player and just sit down and watch the game.

You people are crazy. Bench Pearl? Why? Because he plays hard and takes fouls? Good Lord. If you are so hell bent on benching someone, bench Scottie Hopson. Yeah, Pearl has 4 made shots this season.....out of 6 shots. Get off of him. He is the LEAST of our problems right now, at least he is trying.

Seriously, SP is the problem with our team? What in the hell are you people watching? Are you insane? Yes, I agree he isn't that great, but neither him or CBP put it out there that he is that good. He doesn't start, he doesn't even play that many minutes. Maybe if the players who take up scholarships decided they gave a damn about trying to take good shots and rebound, SP wouldn't have to play.

It's getting so old, it's not SP's fault we are losing games. At least he plays with heart and gives his all for Tennessee, wish I could say the same for a lot of other players on the team.

I never said this, this thread is only about a couple problems with this team. SP playing and JP taking jumpers.

I agree completely that Scotty Flopson, I mean Scotty Softson is a BIG reason why this team struggles to play well on a CONSISTENT basis...

Last edited:
The question is, who else do we play besides Pearl? The only reason he is playing increased minutes is because of our depth issues.

Like I've said before, I don't have a problem with Pearl on the defensive end, but on the offensive end he just needs to go stand in the corner by himself.

Williams and Bone. :good!:

I don't know if anyone has been paying much attention lately, but NOBODY on this team has been playing with much heart or desire. I agree completely that Steven Pearl is horrible, but at least the kid is out their busting his tail off. Maybe Scotty, JP, Maze could try playing with a little passion and maybe we won't get embarrassed on National Television anymore.

I promise you, if I'm given the chance, I'LL go out there and play and give EVERYTHING I have, does that mean I should play or that CBP should play me because i'm the only one willing to give my all?

Play Pearl in spots if your role players arenÂ’t playing with passion, heck bench all the starters if you're trying to make a statement, but playing S. Pearl consistently is reckless and irresponsible.

Williams and Bone. :good!:

Pearl is a power/small forward
Williams is a center
Bone is a point guard

There is NO WAY I want Bone battling with forwards in the post, nor do I want Williams guarding a smaller faster small forward.

Williams CAN play HIS position allowing others to go back to their positions which would limit Pearl's need to play but we are still light at SP's position and he needs to add depth especially on defense.

Bone has NOTHING to do with Pearl's position.

Pearl is a power/small forward
Williams is a center
Bone is a point guard

There is NO WAY I want Bone battling with forwards in the post, nor do I want Williams guarding a smaller faster small forward.

Williams CAN play HIS position allowing others to go back to their positions which would limit Pearl's need to play but we are still light at SP's position and he needs to add depth especially on defense.

Bone has NOTHING to do with Pearl's position.

I promise, even at a smaller size, Bone would do just as good a job guarding anyone Pearl would "guard." Bone isn't exactly a small guard, he's 6'-3", 200 lbs. Pearl being 6'-4" 230 lbs. Plus, people's argument for Pearl playing is that he's a body out there with fouls to give.... Isn't Bone the same thing but with some offense to offer? Bottomline, Josh's last name is Bone, not Pearl and that's why Pearl's in there. You think for one second Steven would be playing if his last name wasnt Pearl, c'mon, give me a break.

Care to offer a counter argument instead of offering one liners with no substance?

I'd like to hear an argument FOR JP taking jump shots which somehow 12 people, including you, feel is ok..... wow

I haven't seen anyone on THIS thread who has said they are "OK" with JP taking jump shots, he (as well as most other players on this team) should drive to the basket and create more offense THAT way. Most people on this post are saying Pearl and Prince are valuable and provide depth to this team that is sorely needed at the forward position (even as erratic as they are).

I haven't seen anyone on THIS thread who has said they are "OK" with JP taking jump shots, he (as well as most other players on this team) should drive to the basket and create more offense THAT way. Most people on this post are saying Pearl and Prince are valuable and provide depth to this team that is sorely needed at the forward position (even as erratic as they are).

The poll question was not are they "valuable and provide depth to this team." The Pearl take is somewhat subjective but the take on JP is pretty simple, do you agree or disagree that he should be taking jumpshots outside of 5 feet from the rim..... 12 people feel he should be taking jump shots as evident by the votes disagreeing with both takes....

Care to offer a counter argument instead of offering one liners with no substance?

I'd like to hear an argument FOR JP taking jump shots which somehow 12 people, including you, feel is ok..... wow
care to explain why you keep starting these hate threads?

I would rather see three Steven Pearls on the court than Williams, Goins and Tatum. He is not the most talented player, but at least he doesn't think he is bigger than the team.
The heart and intensity that this team showed in the face of adversity all but disappeared with their reinstatement.
I know I know, I'm on my high horse, I'm perfect, I have no compassion. That's not it, they can come back to school and have one more chance at an education if they want. But no more basketball, you broke the law and you can no longer represent the university.

I would rather see three Steven Pearls on the court than Williams, Goins and Tatum. He is not the most talented player, but at least he doesn't think he is bigger than the team.
The heart and intensity that this team showed in the face of adversity all but disappeared with their reinstatement.
I know I know, I'm on my high horse, I'm perfect, I have no compassion. That's not it, they can come back to school and have one more chance at an education if they want. But no more basketball, you broke the law and you can no longer represent the university.

You might consider checking your facts.

Additionally, you take your 3 Stevies and I'll take the other 3 and never, ever, ever lose to you.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back