Ok, Williams is back now, keep S. Pearl on the friggin bench...

agree or disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
Seriously, this kid should N E V E R see meaningful minutes in any game remaining on UT's schedule. Williams and Bone can guard anyone Steven could and some, plus they’re actually somewhat of an offensive threat… what a concept.

The Steven Pearl experiment is over CBP so sit your son down before things get ugly. We all know you want your kid to be the next Dane Bradshaw, but it isn't going to happen. Your son wouldn't start for Carson Newman so he shouldn't play anything but mop up duty while at Tennessee. Quit forcing him down our throat and keep him where he belongs, on the bench or in a suit handing Gatorades out. I'm a Bruce Pearl fan, but the minute you start putting your personal agenda in front of what's best for UT, that's when all bets are off.

PS: could you please pull JP to the side and ask…. wait check that…. TELL him to NEVER shoot the ball again unless he’s approaching the rim while penetrating and is within 4-5 feet of the goal? thanks!

As long as daddy is coach son will get playing time. At least thats how I see it playing out..

As long as daddy is coach son will get playing time. At least thats how I see it playing out..

Pearl Jr. earned his way out there and has not played that bad at all.
Bruce has not given him anything that he has not given another player and he won't take away playing time from a player who is earning it

JMO

I must have been watching a different S. Pearl then you. He's not a typical D1 player, but i feel he has filled in nicely, and given us some good minutes in a difficult time. He deserves some minutes, but should come in after Williams and Bone.

Seriously, this kid should N E V E R see meaningful minutes in any game remaining on UT's schedule. Williams and Bone can guard anyone Steven could and some, plus they’re actually somewhat of an offensive threat… what a concept.

The Steven Pearl experiment is over CBP so sit your son down before things get ugly. We all know you want your kid to be the next Dane Bradshaw, but it isn't going to happen. Your son wouldn't start for Carson Newman so he shouldn't play anything but mop up duty while at Tennessee. Quit forcing him down our throat and keep him where he belongs, on the bench or in a suit handing Gatorades out. I'm a Bruce Pearl fan, but the minute you start putting your personal agenda in front of what's best for UT, that's when all bets are off.

PS: could you please pull JP to the side and ask…. wait check that…. TELL him to NEVER shoot the ball again unless he’s approaching the rim while penetrating and is within 4-5 feet of the goal? thanks!

What bull crap. Just proves anybody can post anything on this site.

Forcing down our throats? You don't have a clue.

You must have a Man crush on S.Pearl ! You continue to cry about this kid, even though he works hard for every minute he gets. Grow some balls and walk up to S.Pearl and tell him how you feel! Number 1 UT fan my a$$

Pearl Jr. earned his way out there and has not played that bad at all.
Bruce has not given him anything that he has not given another player and he won't take away playing time from a player who is earning it

JMO

NOT PLAYED THAT BAD!!! are you serious???????? what does he have like 4 made baskets all year, and lets not start on free throw shooting, or the fact that 99% of the time when he gets the ball he looks like a deer in headlights.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to confuse me with a fan of the Pearls, but Steve's minutes are far from the biggest problem this team has right now.

I definitely think the effort is there when it comes to Stephen Pearl. He gets some charges and rebounds, plays as physical as he can. It's blatantly obvious he shouldn't be getting the ball on the offensive end, why the players keep giving the ball to him is beyond me. But I think your post is ridiculous. I think Scotty and Renaldo need to start showing some effort/consistency. It's almost sickening watching Scotty play, so much potential but he just floats around the perimeter and plays so soft. Time and time again Scotty will have a good game and we expect that finally to be the breakthrough performance and then he reverts back to a softy. When Scotty finally steps up consistently and starts playing to his potential he will be gone, what's he waiting for.

Renaldo seems like a good guy, I'm just not sure if the effort is there. He needs to stop forcing up threes, sadly he just continues to force them up. He is able to get some boards, he's got good length and athleticism. Sadly he just appears to be getting worse and worse since the Kansas game. Hopefully it clicks for him eventually, I'm hoping.

I think alot of the blame needs to be put on Bruce, he needs to define some roles and tell these guys what they are doing wrong. Alot of this stuff is just blatantly obvious and everyone sees it, correct it. Scotty has got to be pushed.

Steven Pearl is terrible!!!!!!!!!!! Dude should never play no matter what the circumstances are its embarressing to watch him play.

I agree, that he shouldn't be seeing the court anymore due to Brian William's return. But I think people are going way overboard with negativity for Steven. I don't think Mcbee should be out there either.

To many problems to list but instead of getting on little P why don't we get all over Scotty when he air mails em from three land.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to confuse me with a fan of the Pearls, but Steve's minutes are far from the biggest problem this team has right now.

This isn't about reality. It's about a good old-fashioned witch hunt.

The thing about Steven Pearl is he does try Im not denying that. He simply is not even close to being talented enough to play in the SEC or that matter college basketball at all though. When on offense he automatically gives the defense an edge cause its four against five because they know he can't shoot or do anything offensively. Also lets not even start on this kids free throw shooting he is worse than Shaq.

You people are crazy. Bench Pearl? Why? Because he plays hard and takes fouls? Good Lord. If you are so hell bent on benching someone, bench Scottie Hopson. Yeah, Pearl has 4 made shots this season.....out of 6 shots. Get off of him. He is the LEAST of our problems right now, at least he is trying.

Seriously, SP is the problem with our team? What in the hell are you people watching? Are you insane? Yes, I agree he isn't that great, but neither him or CBP put it out there that he is that good. He doesn't start, he doesn't even play that many minutes. Maybe if the players who take up scholarships decided they gave a damn about trying to take good shots and rebound, SP wouldn't have to play.

It's getting so old, it's not SP's fault we are losing games. At least he plays with heart and gives his all for Tennessee, wish I could say the same for a lot of other players on the team.

The thing about Steven Pearl is he does try Im not denying that. He simply is not even close to being talented enough to play in the SEC or that matter college basketball at all though. When on offense he automatically gives the defense an edge cause its four against five because they know he can't shoot or do anything offensively. Also lets not even start on this kids free throw shooting he is worse than Shaq.

...And exactly which player is better?

You people are crazy. Bench Pearl? Why? Because he plays hard and takes fouls? Good Lord. If you are so hell bent on benching someone, bench Scottie Hopson. Yeah, Pearl has 4 made shots this season.....out of 6 shots. Get off of him. He is the LEAST of our problems right now, at least he is trying.

Seriously, SP is the problem with our team? What in the hell are you people watching? Are you insane? Yes, I agree he isn't that great, but neither him or CBP put it out there that he is that good. He doesn't start, he doesn't even play that many minutes. Maybe if the players who take up scholarships decided they gave a damn about trying to take good shots and rebound, SP wouldn't have to play.

It's getting so old, it's not SP's fault we are losing games. At least he plays with heart and gives his all for Tennessee, wish I could say the same for a lot of other players on the team.

Now that is reality and factual unlike a lot of BS on this site.

Thanks.

...And exactly which player is better?

I would hope he would be a better free throw shooter seeing that Shaq is probably the worst in the history of basketball. I think Pearl has hit two free throws in like twelve attempts. There are more problems on this team than Steven Pearl I realize that but he shouldn't be playing because it gives the other team an advantage and it also makes Steven look stupid playing because he is simply not very athletic.

VN Store

Back