Official Thread of the St. Louis Cardinals

Cardinals are on fire right now! I wouldn't want to play them. They look like a much different team lately. And Flaherty should be coming back soon. Hudson is getting close to returning too. Brewers are a good team and they're my WS pick from the NL. But right now, the Cardinals look like a team who would like a say.
I think Flaherty will be back between now and Friday. This team is just playing very good baseball. Hudson throws one more rehab Friday night I think, then if he does well he’ll join the team. The Brewers are a very good team, but it looks like they have seen a ghost or something for now.

Reactions: ArdentVol
After initial doubts, I've become a big fan of Jon Lester. He and the Cards seem to be a good fit and that's a little difficult to say after years of wanting to to beat him.
If you remember at the trade deadline, I was very confident that these veterans with Waino could put it together to make a run at some point. I don’t think we liked Lester to much, because he wasn’t with us, and we really didn’t know much about him, except his competitive nature. Well! We know him now, and have become to like him. I don’t think everyone hated him, but I think it is just no one liked him here. We have become fan favorites of Lester and Happ, giving it all.

He had a rough start to his stint with the Cardinals, but he's pitched pretty well other than that outing. I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year at the right price.
I think Waino would want him back along with Yadi for one more run. What about Happ? I would say yes, along with Leblanc, but that remains to be seen.

I hated Lester when he was with the Cubs, but I am warming up to him.
We all had that cub hatred. We know that he has came here now, and as soon as we got him, I knew that there was a feeling at the trade deadline that these veteran pitchers could pull it together, and make a run. It has happened, and I think it will continue on here.

Magic # is 8 now for the wildcard spot with 12 games to go. If we go 6-6 down the stretch, I think we could still win it. I think if we did that, the reds would have to 11-1, Padres 11-1, and the Phillies 11-1 to get in. I don’t think that is going to hat though. I think we’re going to win more games than that to clinch it here soon.

Cardinals may not lose again this season. They look like a team on a mission. Cardinals had just enough offense to win last night. The bullpen did a great job holding onto that lead. Gallegos struggled a bit in the 9th but he did what he needed to, to get the save.

Cardinals may not lose again this season. They look like a team on a mission. Cardinals had just enough offense to win last night. The bullpen did a great job holding onto that lead. Gallegos struggled a bit in the 9th but he did what he needed to, to get the save.

I love how they've been manufacturing runs and playing great defense. Just enough...

Whoa boy! If we don’t lose again, here is a scenario for you.
1. We have five games with the Brewers left, and we’re 91/2 games behind them. We can cut this lead down to 4, three, or even two games in the central, then we might can pull it out at the end.
2. We have a double header Friday against the Cubs, if we don’t lose those two by not losing another game, and the Brewers lose that one game Friday, then we can gain a game and a half on them.
3. If we’re only two games out by the Cubs series left, then we will have a shot.
4. The Brewers May never recover again with 12 games left, and that would be devastating for them.
5. We have done it before being 10 games out, and came back and won the central.
6. Hummm? Since you put it that way, anything can happen with 12 games left.🤔🤔😎

Whoa boy! If we don’t lose again, here is a scenario for you.
1. We have five games with the Brewers left, and we’re 91/2 games behind them. We can cut this lead down to 4, three, or even two games in the central, then we might can pull it out at the end.
2. We have a double header Friday against the Cubs, if we don’t lose those two by not losing another game, and the Brewers lose that one game Friday, then we can gain a game and a half on them.
3. If we’re only two games out by the Cubs series left, then we will have a shot.
4. The Brewers May never recover again with 12 games left, and that would be devastating for them.
5. We have done it before being 10 games out, and came back and won the central.
6. Hummm? Since you put it that way, anything can happen with 12 games left.🤔🤔😎
Nothing would surprise me tbh. This is definitely starting to feel a little like 2011. That roster was a little better that year but it's shaping up to be pretty similar and I'm not complaining.

Nothing would surprise me tbh. This is definitely starting to feel a little like 2011. That roster was a little better that year but it's shaping up to be pretty similar and I'm not complaining.
It’s starting to feel like 2011 isn’t? 8.5 back now. Wow! The Brewers have hit a brick wall, and they have faltered. They just didn’t know what to do against the hot cards in the 1st three games here. Now Waino steps to the plate. We could sweep them and putting them into panic mode a little.

Honestly, I think the Cardinals roster looked like a 90ish win team to start. Hopefully, the statistical nature of baseball is just righting itself.

I am ALMOST as big of a Cardinals homer as I am a Vols homer, but I think winning the division might be a stretch. The Brew Crew has 10 left and the 'Birds have 11. It only takes three bad outcomes (Brew Crew win or Redbird loss) for Milwaukee to clinch. I think the Brewers win a few more, and the Cardinals' streak will end at some point. They all do.

Wainwright on the mound today so the sweep is likely. But he wasn't too sharp on Saturday but I think a lot of that was the poor strikezone from Phil Cuzzi. I was at that game and nobody was a fan of his strikezone. But Wainwright is our best pitcher right now and we've completely owned them with Woodford and Mikolas. Lester has been a big surprise since his first start with the Cardinals. I think the broadcast said last night their longest win streak is 14 and that was way back in like 1931 or something like that. Cardinals have had some great seasons since then so that's a little surprising.

OK, I have watched quite a bit of Cardinal baseball this season, but the last couple of weeks has been crazy with life and work and I haven't been able to watch or listen to any of the games. At this point, superstition will not allow me to tune in. lol. I just get score updates

OK, I have watched quite a bit of Cardinal baseball this season, but the last couple of weeks has been crazy with life and work and I haven't been able to watch or listen to any of the games. At this point, superstition will not allow me to tune in. lol. I just get score updates

I appreciate your commitment to winning!!!! :)

I’ll be in St. Louis for three days. I’m going to go and see the Brewers-Cards on the 28th and 29th. I hope we clinch this dang wild card by then. I think we will. I hope I can bring us some more wins, and enjoy the two nights. Wish me luck.

It sounds like it. So, you’re not even going to take a peek in? 😂 Humm? It has worked for you, and if it feels like you can’t, then keep on. Let’s bring this wild card home.

Reactions: vader
Wainwright on the mound today so the sweep is likely. But he wasn't too sharp on Saturday but I think a lot of that was the poor strikezone from Phil Cuzzi. I was at that game and nobody was a fan of his strikezone. But Wainwright is our best pitcher right now and we've completely owned them with Woodford and Mikolas. Lester has been a big surprise since his first start with the Cardinals. I think the broadcast said last night their longest win streak is 14 and that was way back in like 1931 or something like that. Cardinals have had some great seasons since then so that's a little surprising.
Well! At least we won today, and it wasn’t easy going down 5-0, but I kept thinking that we didn’t score in the 1st inning, but I thought to my self, we have been scoring in the 7th, 8th, and ninth innings, so let’s just see what we do. My goodness, we scored alright, we made it look easy, didn’t we?😂🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: SycloneJoe
did not miss a play of today's you tube broadcast
fortunately, discovered in fifth inning that i coulaad switch to audio from kmox
son who lives in STL didnt get in trouble when he woke up his 8-month-old daughter in seventh
Glad you didn’t miss a great comeback. I’m glad that your son didn’t get into trouble for waking up the baby. Whewww! That had to be tough on him. 😂

VN Store

Back